Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the eyes are easy, but where else are you going to orb. not like you get more mementos for using less orbs or anything.

that mage quarter blob solo with leaded foot tho... screw that.
    if you *had* to use an orb just to use it, you could just do 2 in mage quarter and 1 at alleria.
    If you start in old town you can very likely do the first three zones w/o using an orb

Rexxar sucks until you learn there's two ways to kill him; 1) burst the ever loving fuck out of him and his boars before they can obliterate your sanity (fishing for Gift procs makes this far easier) which is a riskier strat or 2) play it safe, slow DPS to spawn one boar, CC and kill it, spawn the other, save cooldowns for the duo. Soon as his boars are dead he's a sitting duck unless you are in the dreaded leaden feet/split personality week which can cause you to eat his other summons.

For a first 5 mask kill I would highly recommend slow DPS. He doesn't do a lot of damage and at this point the passive sanity drain is negligible. Don't rush it for no reason. If you played decently well you should arrive at Rexxar with two orbs remaining anyway, use one for him and one for Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly....Alleria or the mage quarter in SW is more annoying and I would rather see a nerf there.

Rexxar's boars spawn at Health percentage. So you can dps him in a way that you spawn only 1 at a time and interrupt the Void Quills. Also....what is your cloak rank and the archive reserve?

With Elite Extermination you should actually get some sanity back, no way you lose 200 sanity in that fight.
    OH MY FUCKING GOD. This explains it all. I kept thinking this entire time - oh I must be doing something wrong. There must be a fucking way around these stupid boars.

Mate I plate a Frost Mage, 472 ilvl, 82 HoA, capped cloak. I often deal 500-600k Glacial Spike crits. I always prepare a Glacial Spike + Ice Flurry before a boss/mini-boss so I can nuke them. So THIS is the reason I've been getting 2 boars from the very start of the fight on Rexxar and Thrall every single time And since they bump me they interrupt my casts and then I have nothing left to kill them off with (as Glacial Spike is basically my only ability that can kill stuff. Ice Lancing the boars to death isn't an option as they just nuke my sanity). Woa, next week is gonna be so much easier O.o

All that's left is dealing with the Eyes on Mathias Shaw... Now those are a fucking pain too. Especially since I need to be 10 yards away from my target to deal any relevant damage (Due to Glacial Spike and Ice Flurry timing) and I can't really do that on Mathias Shaw because I need him to stick to me as I move him to a place where I can face him without facing the eyes. And by the time I kill him I lose my health. Alleria is rather easy for me because she is ranged so it's easier to find a spot where I can nuke her with GS without facing the Eyes.

Why are people saying Thrall is hard? He's a joke compared to Alleria. The two boars can be killed within the protection of the orb, then all you basically have to dodge is a long casted stun from a line in front of him, and having plenty of time to switch between the center and outer ring of the room.

Nah one in Stormwind that burrows with Eyes is worse.

#NOCHANGES

They gave us an ever rising cloak and I want to clear it before they nerf it damnit hahaha

I finally got that 5 masks solo on ORG and I need the damn SW one (I screwed up last week on 5 mask SW at the VERY END She's such a hard fight as a melee damnit)

I know 5 masks are easy but I just dont want them to nerf anything until we get a few runs at it (I wish it was unlimited runs and I'd be done already but I only get a few chances per week so)

Anyway, slow and stead pulls, wait for coolys BLOW THEM BOSS's TO BITS, Blow pots, blow lust, blow all of your cooldowns like you've never seen them before and I promise the boss's aren't bad (well that's coming from a mongo melee so lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why are people saying Thrall is hard? He's a joke compared to Alleria. The two boars can be killed within the protection of the orb, then all you basically have to dodge is a long casted stun from a line in front of him, and having plenty of time to switch between the center and outer ring of the room.
    Yeah Thrall's a joke. Friend soloed him with 5 masks active in a 3man vision and lost like 200 sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, with Wings, Combust or full Enh CDs and fast time + Gift. It's pretty overtuned, but at least it doesn't matter that much if it doesn't break.
    If you go into the fight with full/moderately high sanity, I agree the Thrall shield doesn't matter.

The damage scales off the remaining absorb, as does the sanity damage. With a lvl 15 cloak and letting the full absorb go off in your face, you're going to take 90 sanity loss in a 5 mask run. If my napkin math is correct, if you dodge every other mechanic (which is easy) and just take the explosion, you still have almost 7 minutes to kill Thrall. Even if you let the pigs get off two casts each and take the full explosion to the face, you have 5 minutes to kill Thrall dodging everything else. This is ignoring the fact that you can drop a sanity orb at the start and the cheat death talent, which offers even more time/safety to your Thrall kill. Truth be told, the damage done by all these abilities is far more dangerous than the sanity loss which they incur.

As a slight aside as I keep seeing people that think Alleria is hard as melee: treat it like an arena match and stick to a pillar if you're having issues. The bombs are like the soccer bombs in Motherlode, where you can pick the direction you kick them based upon how your body is positioned, so kicked them all roughly to the same spot. Strafe around her when the shadow arrows pick their landing spots, as she tends to not shoot many behind her. For chains/explosion, either immunity or just run out at the last second (I actually sit behind a pillar and get dragged into it for Chains, as it doesn't spawn Burned Bridge puddles when you're dragged). As for the eyeball, taking some sanity loss from the ability isn't the end of the world, but she tends to send the eyeball behind you so it's not that big of a deal to begin with (it should be the only source of sanity loss you take). I checked my uptime on her on my melee characters, and it's usually around 90-95%... I tend to play more aggressively, but use the pillars to make Alleria's repositioning more responsive if you want to play it safe.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-03-26 at 11:41 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    just get cloak lvl14-15. afk 2minutes before him and then get titangift procc on first boar kill and nuke hin if you want to go idiotproof

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If you go into the fight with full/moderately high sanity, I agree the Thrall shield doesn't matter.

The damage scales off the remaining absorb, as does the sanity damage. With a lvl 15 cloak and letting the full absorb go off in your face, you're going to take 90 sanity loss in a 5 mask run. If my napkin math is correct, if you dodge every other mechanic (which is easy) and just take the explosion, you still have almost 7 minutes to kill Thrall. Even if you let the pigs get off two casts each and take the full explosion to the face, you have 5 minutes to kill Thrall dodging everything else. This is ignoring the fact that you can drop a sanity orb at the start and the cheat death talent, which offers even more time/safety to your Thrall kill. Truth be told, the damage done by all these abilities is far more dangerous than the sanity loss which they incur.
    This has been the case for everything in visions with the exception of Rexxar's dogs for a while now. Cloak level and Gift make sanity a non-issue, especially if you add K'bab on top.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    Just burn him, maybe throw a stun of interrupt on a boar occasionally. He doesn't take long to kill with CDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    .... So THIS is the reason I've been getting 2 boars from the very start of the fight on Rexxar and Thrall every single time .Woa, next week is gonna be so much easier O.o

All that's left is dealing with the Eyes on Mathias Shaw... Now those are a fucking pain too. .
    I think there is no way around getting two boars from the start at Thrall though...it just is how the fight starts, so I usually focus burning them down right away

Next week ofc is SW...so...that is even worse

I hate that place...and while apparently dealing with the eyes is "turn away and not look at them" is the way to go...I am also not very good at that (playing a melee class).

Good for you if Alleria works for you...I hate her....but at the end of the day, this might be Blizzard's way of balancing...make some bosses friendly for casters, others for melee. At this point (and with my shit gear) I think I might never get the 5 mask SW achievement

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    edit: Quick question/poll here: Can anyone actually break Thrall's shield thing on 5-mask? I never even come close even with Lust, GotT, etc...
    Nope, it's actually a bit ridiculous. I main a fairly geared Boomkin, which is known for its high single target damage. I think maybe if I had a few lucky crits on starsurge with strong buffs up it might happen, but I can't remember ever seeing it. But as mentioned it luckily drains very little sanity so it's not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The damage scales off the remaining absorb, as does the sanity damage. With a lvl 15 cloak and letting the full absorb go off in your face, you're going to take 90 sanity loss in a 5 mask run.
    I'm actually fairly certain this is incorrect. The tooltip says it works like you described, but if you run a WA that tracks sanity loss you notice that you always take the same sanity loss regardless of how much shield remained. I believe it's 32 or 48 or something along those lines, in any case it's an insignificant amount.

Plenty of people can clear it. The problem is not the boss.

Dreadlord
    He is way harder compare to the rest of them, no doubt, alto proper planning aka Gift is a very helpful.
    And i'm talking about 5 mask run, anything lower and he is fine.

Learn to use your tookit, every spec has more than enough to cc boars, kill them or a combination of both, letting boars gets a casts off is not even a big deal anymore with cloak levels of resistance past 8.

IF anyone has to be nerfed it is Shaw.

Rexxar - click my CDs, press my cloak and burn him down ignoring mechanics

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    is it that hard to not face an eye? You can do all of stormwind save mage quarter very easily w/o using an orb
    Lol I learned like 6 weeks in that if you don't face an eye they have no effect. It sucks that there's no in game information about visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    just get cloak lvl14-15. afk 2minutes before him and then get titangift procc on first boar kill and nuke hin if you want to go idiotproof
    There's a 2 min timer on cloak and it's guaranteed? If so, really good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think there is no way around getting two boars from the start at Thrall though...it just is how the fight starts, so I usually focus burning them down right away

Next week ofc is SW...so...that is even worse

I hate that place...and while apparently dealing with the eyes is "turn away and not look at them" is the way to go...I am also not very good at that (playing a melee class).

Good for you if Alleria works for you...I hate her....but at the end of the day, this might be Blizzard's way of balancing...make some bosses friendly for casters, others for melee. At this point (and with my shit gear) I think I might never get the 5 mask SW achievement
    Idk about the boars on Thrall, but I have no problems with him as he never spawns more than 2 boars. With Rexxar I just get overwhelmed by the number of boars, even if I Glacial Spike one of them, if the GS hits Rexxar he will just spawn 2 more and I end up with 3...

As for the 5 mask SW achievement, every spec in the game can positively get it. You just need the right gear (ilvl, corruption, cloak level, HoA level, essences), the right knowledge (how to make best use of the potions, buffs, routes, tactics, etc) and the right skill for it (reaction time, DPS performance, survivability, etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Lol I learned like 6 weeks in that if you don't face an eye they have no effect. It sucks that there's no in game information about visions.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a 2 min timer on cloak and it's guaranteed? If so, really good advice.
    I think he means the Gift of the Titans research buff (the one that lasts 20 sec and reduces your Sanity loss to 0). But you need to have cloak level 14-15 in order to be able to AFK 2 minutes without dying

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This has been the case for everything in visions with the exception of Rexxar's dogs for a while now. Cloak level and Gift make sanity a non-issue, especially if you add K'bab on top.
    If you use Ghastly Goulash then damage is basically nullified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada