Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test.
    That's the problem.

5-masks Rexxar is not a "nuke test".

In fact, what you should actually do is to DPS him slowly until he reaches 50% health. Why? Because he summons his boars at fixed intervals of his HP, up 50%, which is when all boars are out and he summons the fleshbeats rampage.

DPS him slowly, focus the boars as they spawn, then nuke Rexxar once all four boars are dead. You should only ignore the boars and focus and nuke Rexxar outright if you get a Gift of the Titans proc from killing the first, maybe the second boar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Doing it wrong lmao
    You 100% need to slow dps on rexxar, or pull with gift available.
    Yeah first time was a disaster, now he's easy

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Thrall is only easier because you can deal with the boars while inside an orb. He'd be a real pain if he spawned the boars at 50%.

And that's exactly why Rexxar is hard: you have a real chance of ending up with 2+ active boars if you can't kill him in the ~30 seconds of orb + gift you have.

(doesn't he spawn 2 at once in the 3rd wave anyways?)
    Nah, he only spawns 2 boars, they dont charge you, and having them at 50% would be even better, cause then you could get a gift of the titans off them.
    rexxar is hard cause of the knockback, and SO MANY boars, there is like 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    Ok. Real easy. First, get this weakaura: https://wago.io/X-gQJQBbQ/1

Now, ideally you want to clear the rest of the vision first, and arrive at Rexxar with 2 orbs left. When you get to rexxar's little house, look at your gift cooldown remaining. If you still have a bit, just wait it out until it is off CD. Then, use your orb and pull Rexxar into it. Do not lust, just hit Rexxar until a boar comes out. Immediately switch and kill the boar. This should proc your Gift of the Titans, making you immune to sanity damage for 20 seconds. This is when you can either burn rexxar if you're a DPS, or just take the boars out one by one without worrying about interrupting their cast. Just dodge the little sha enemies and the traps and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Nah, he only spawns 2 boars, they dont charge you, and having them at 50% would be even better, cause then you could get a gift of the titans off them.
    rexxar is hard cause of the knockback, and SO MANY boars, there is like 4.
    what do you mean they don't charge you? my entire thrall strategy involves them charging into the orb i'm standing in on pull. gift of the titans is only useful during the boars, because as you said, he does virtually no sanity damage outside of them. Honestly don't know how i could have done thrall without fighting the boars inside the orb on my first 5 mask with 65% reduction cloak i think it was.

there is a knockback on rexxar?

Proc gift from the silithid pack before him, use lust and all CDs and he should die before your gift runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's the problem.

5-masks Rexxar is not a "nuke test".

In fact, what you should actually do is to DPS him slowly until he reaches 50% health. Why? Because he summons his boars at fixed intervals of his HP, up 50%, which is when all boars are out and he summons the fleshbeats rampage.

DPS him slowly, focus the boars as they spawn, then nuke Rexxar once all four boars are dead. You should only ignore the boars and focus and nuke Rexxar outright if you get a Gift of the Titans proc from killing the first, maybe the second boar.
    Completely depends on your spec. As Arcane I can use gift+warp+CDs and kill him in <10 seconds. As Ret I'm better off blasting the boars and taking a bit longer

Yes, he's the only mildly challenging boss in visions. He doesn't need to be nerfed, though, considering there's plenty of ways to play the fight, so you can do it even with bad gear.
    Kill 1 boar at a time
    CC boars
    Orb and nuke
    Gift and nuke
    Some combination of the above

If you fail to traps or the sha bois, you just need to stop being bad.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by GFK283 View Post
    Now, ideally you want to clear the rest of the vision first, and arrive at Rexxar with 2 orbs left.
    Better to tell people who struggle to go rexxar first, and use first orb on him. Most people in my guild who aren't OP vision classes are only now with max cloak starting to have 2 spare orbs.

tho honestly the best advice if you struggle is to 2 man it.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-03-26 at 04:37 PM.

1) Wait for Gift proc if you have it unlocked then go full nuke.
    2) If you have the dps to bring him down quick and heroism available full nuke.
    3) If like me you're a tank doing it solo or have low dps/gear, you simply eat prior to pull the K'bab food, drop an orb and/or find a potion to drink for 100 sanity then dps him slow till one boar spawns, just interrupt, stun, cc whatever boars you can as long as they are released slowly you should have no problem providing you can dodge / use your interrupts correctly.

Having cheat death available here is good just in case you fail at most of the basic things and remember if you have it you'll return 200 sanity back when he's dead.

Better to tell people who struggle to go rexxar first, and use first orb on him. Most people in my guild who aren't OP vision classes are only now with max cloak starting to have 2 spare orbs.
    That's a fine strategy. I do all my visions as tank, lots of people do them as boomkin/shadow/warlock too. Without gift of the titans it's very tough to clear a 5 mask at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The people who mention slow dps are right. I was also trying to burst him and Thrall down but recently tried the slow dps and killing boars first and that just works way better. It's just most think that killing something faster and getting it over with is the best solution to most problems, including me, not the case here. Target the boars one by one and just kill them single target. You will be weirded out at how easy it is.
    For Thrall the strat is to drop an orb and just AoE the boars in the orb. For Rexxar it depends entirely on skill/gear/Gift CD.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I think once you get past the initial idea that it's a nuke test and realize it's actually easier to slow it down, he will get a lot easier. Don't get me wrong, if you CAN nuke him - then by all means, that's how I roll on my main, but for any alt, taking it slow and killing the boars 1 by 1 and keeping them interrupted/stunned is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess mileage varies for different classes (I play a Prot pally) - I have no problems dodging most of Thrall's attacks, but Alleria..man, I hate that fight...I really need more practise there

Was that with 5 masks? That sounds crazy.... o_O
    daredevil really, the other masks dont increase sanity damage taken

My assassination rogue kills 5 mask rexxar in about 10 seconds with hero on solo

464 DH that did my first attempt on 5 mask Org this week. No issues at all. Wiped 3 times last week on Mage Quarter last week on a 4 mask. Stormwind is significantly worse than anything in Org.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either nuke him down with Titan gift up or slow dps, done both on my 468 shadow.
    Shaw in sw recks my shit thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    as usual it mostly depend on class
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

what do you mean they don't charge you? my entire thrall strategy involves them charging into the orb i'm standing in on pull. gift of the titans is only useful during the boars, because as you said, he does virtually no sanity damage outside of them. Honestly don't know how i could have done thrall without fighting the boars inside the orb on my first 5 mask with 65% reduction cloak i think it was.

there is a knockback on rexxar?
    They charge once at pull, where rexxar they summon in and charge at the start, then 2 more times part way in the fight, which when bursting is super annoying for casters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess mileage varies for different classes (I play a Prot pally) - I have no problems dodging most of Thrall's attacks, but Alleria..man, I hate that fight...I really need more practise there

Was that with 5 masks? That sounds crazy.... o_O
    Alleria does suck a lot, her polymorph as a lock means i cant use my tank pet, i gotta use my felhunter, and if i dont dps enough she casts it more often then i can intterupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I'm 474 with, full archive reserve but one time, I lost 500 sanity in 5sec because I bursted him (and my cloak was 13-14 when this happen).
    sounds like you stood in the middle of something, cause the boars only remove about 20 each every 4 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sounds like you stood in the middle of something, cause the boars only remove about 20 each every 4 seconds.
    Even with 5 masks ?