Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    as always playing as shadowpriest is additional hardmode on every solo content. no cc except a 3s stun, 45s cd interrupt, no movement dps, no burst, ridiculous ramp up. by the time im set for actual dps after 1 voidform the bosses are at 20% anyway

With cloak > 70% reduction its always best to slow dps rexxar, boar charge can screw you pretty bad on split personality weeks if you don't have an immunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They charge once at pull, where rexxar they summon in and charge at the start, then 2 more times part way in the fight, which when bursting is super annoying for casters.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria does suck a lot, her polymorph as a lock means i cant use my tank pet, i gotta use my felhunter, and if i dont dps enough she casts it more often then i can intterupt.

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like you stood in the middle of something, cause the boars only remove about 20 each every 4 seconds.
    I ran into the same issue with my lock, gonna try to just use imp next time and dispel it if possible since the CD is shorter, but I don't know if its a magical debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    Get a GotT timer. I only go on him when the internal CD is gone. Most of the time it procs with the first boar and if it does then you just go nuts on him and the boards. And when he calls one of them just move to avoid the stun. The stun only hits in the area where you stood, so just sidestep the pens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Even with 5 masks ?
    Yes, their thing does not scale a ton, cause they are not elites, the "increased sanity damage by 400%" is just elites, they are not elites.
    they deal constant, bassically unavoidable corruption damage till you kill them or rexxar, but they dont do a ton. let me see if i have footage of one of my +5's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Doko- View Post
    With cloak > 70% reduction its always best to slow dps rexxar, boar charge can screw you pretty bad on split personality weeks if you don't have an immunity.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran into the same issue with my lock, gonna try to just use imp next time and dispel it if possible since the CD is shorter, but I don't know if its a magical debuff.
    Just use felhunter and pray for good timing on her casts
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Pro tip: The boars are stun/interrupt/CC'able. Helps a lot on Thrall, though Rexxar it is harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    1. what class and spec are you doing it with?
    2. how many masks?

number 1 is more important so people can tell you on the toolset you need. number 2 less so but just to gauge what difficulty you are trying him at.

Mind you, he is pretty much a nuke fest. And yea compared to thrall he is tougher. Its because the boars and the area effect, w.e those swarms of things are that you have to dodge. But if you do it right he should die right about the time when the swarm thing starts. I did a 5mask last night (mind you it was as a havoc dh, 457ilevel, so its easy mode as that spec) and i killed him just as the wave of adds reached me near the center of the room.

Honestly if i dont have a gift proc going into him, then the moment i get it after killing a boar i just focus him down. i dont bother with the rest. yea you take a couple hits of sanity but for me is always just worked out to blast him immediately.

Without knowing what you play, I cant really say what you should do. But as far as positioning goes, since the boars knockback i position him such that i dont end up getting slammed into the swirlies. If it is a havoc dh that you play. I start with the general nuke. when the first boar comes interrupt it. When the others come, nova. By this point he should be very close to dying, like less than 10% hp remaining.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I will say Rex is harder then the final boss with all the other bosses buffs combined..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly....Alleria or the mage quarter in SW is more annoying and I would rather see a nerf there.

Rexxar's boars spawn at Health percentage. So you can dps him in a way that you spawn only 1 at a time and interrupt the Void Quills. Also....what is your cloak rank and the archive reserve?

With Elite Extermination you should actually get some sanity back, no way you lose 200 sanity in that fight.
    Alleria is by far the worst one right now. The eye ability and range attacks with polymorph.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by GFK283 View Post
    That's a fine strategy. I do all my visions as tank, lots of people do them as boomkin/shadow/warlock too. Without gift of the titans it's very tough to clear a 5 mask at all.
    Unfortunately the only thing that matters for tanks in this patch is to wear as much Twilight Devastation as possible, if you don't have that everything will be dramatically harder. If you do it will one-shot almost everything outside of elites.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    as always playing as shadowpriest is additional hardmode on every solo content. no cc except a 3s stun, 45s cd interrupt, no movement dps, no burst, ridiculous ramp up. by the time im set for actual dps after 1 voidform the bosses are at 20% anyway
    you can fear them btw.
    and just use focusing iris or breath and pick a strategy

Any tips?
    Mostly it's his boars, rexar himself isn't all that difficult. But the sanity drain quills of them boars.... They give me nightmares.

Any tips?
    Get a gift of the titans proc and nuke him. Or kill him slowly so you only deal with 1 of his pets at a time.

Rexxar is probably the hardest part of Org vision though and I usually just attempt to nuke him. Sometimes I die and use up my self rez but the rest of the vision is easy as piss so that's fine. Same tactic for SW with mathias shaw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I kill 1 boar at a time, but regardless, I think 5-mask Thrall is RIDICULOUSLY harder than 5-mask Rexxar.
    Thrall is easy as fuck. Just dodge shit and it's impossible to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's the problem.

5-masks Rexxar is not a "nuke test".

In fact, what you should actually do is to DPS him slowly until he reaches 50% health. Why? Because he summons his boars at fixed intervals of his HP, up 50%, which is when all boars are out and he summons the fleshbeats rampage.

DPS him slowly, focus the boars as they spawn, then nuke Rexxar once all four boars are dead. You should only ignore the boars and focus and nuke Rexxar outright if you get a Gift of the Titans proc from killing the first, maybe the second boar.
    I mean if you're geared enough then nuking him is no problem. I'm a hunter and burst for 150k dps so he just melts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Completely depends on your spec. As Arcane I can use gift+warp+CDs and kill him in <10 seconds. As Ret I'm better off blasting the boars and taking a bit longer
    Ret is probably one of the easiest specs in the game to do visions with. I'll just literally pull and entire zone, including bosses if possible, pop wings and bubble if I need and do 400k dps with divine storm and everything dies in 5 seconds. Then I just pull a bit slower and wait for CDs and do it all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GFK283 View Post
    That's a fine strategy. I do all my visions as tank, lots of people do them as boomkin/shadow/warlock too. Without gift of the titans it's very tough to clear a 5 mask at all.
    Without gift it's impossible to do 5 masks.

Rexxar is definitely the hardest, but it's because of the camera angle, as someone mentioned. Really easy to slowly take him down. But even then, he takes significantly more effort than any other boss. The only one that is even remotely close to Rexxar is the eyes boss in stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Without gift it's impossible to do 5 masks.
    I don't think this is true. I did 5 mask SW last week without using any orb or the revive.

Ret is probably one of the easiest specs in the game to do visions with. I'll just literally pull and entire zone, including bosses if possible, pop wings and bubble if I need and do 400k dps with divine storm and everything dies in 5 seconds. .
    Ret has a very easy time overall, but this was specifically about Rexxar, and Ret does not have anywhere near the ST burst of arcane or fire which can easily top 300k with gift and CDs.

But yeah, one of the many reasons I think visions are silly is that it is absolutely in the best interests of many classes to literally sit around and wait for CDs then pull as much as possible.

Just kill adds, then its simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Rexxar is definitely the hardest, but it's because of the camera angle, as someone mentioned. Really easy to slowly take him down. But even then, he takes significantly more effort than any other boss. The only one that is even remotely close to Rexxar is the eyes boss in stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this is true. I did 5 mask SW last week without using any orb or the revive.
    Only because you had gift of the titans. Each gift of the titans proc in one of the harder areas saves you 100+ sanity over the duration of the effect even if you don't get hit by anything. If a vision takes 15 minutes you likely had 6-7 procs which is at least 600 sanity saved. Also the fact it's a huge dps increase and movement speed increase.

Only because you had gift of the titans. Each gift of the titans proc in one of the harder areas saves you 100+ sanity over the duration of the effect even if you don't get hit by anything. If a vision takes 15 minutes you likely had 6-7 procs which is at least 600 sanity saved. Also the fact it's a huge dps increase and movement speed increase.
    Yeah I know its benefit. I just don't think it's impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop an orb and nuke him down.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Any tips?
    Hero/Lust and CDs on him. Hes always my first lost area boss to kill. By the time you get to Thrall hero/lust cd should be up if you need it.

I used to think he was hard, til I understood how to slow burn him and nuke 1 dog at a time, and it became one of the easiest bosses.