Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nah one in Stormwind that burrows with Eyes is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    #NOCHANGES

They gave us an ever rising cloak and I want to clear it before they nerf it damnit hahaha

I finally got that 5 masks solo on ORG and I need the damn SW one (I screwed up last week on 5 mask SW at the VERY END She's such a hard fight as a melee damnit)

I know 5 masks are easy but I just dont want them to nerf anything until we get a few runs at it (I wish it was unlimited runs and I'd be done already but I only get a few chances per week so)

Anyway, slow and stead pulls, wait for coolys BLOW THEM BOSS's TO BITS, Blow pots, blow lust, blow all of your cooldowns like you've never seen them before and I promise the boss's aren't bad (well that's coming from a mongo melee so lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why are people saying Thrall is hard? He's a joke compared to Alleria. The two boars can be killed within the protection of the orb, then all you basically have to dodge is a long casted stun from a line in front of him, and having plenty of time to switch between the center and outer ring of the room.
    Yeah Thrall's a joke. Friend soloed him with 5 masks active in a 3man vision and lost like 200 sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, with Wings, Combust or full Enh CDs and fast time + Gift. It's pretty overtuned, but at least it doesn't matter that much if it doesn't break.
    If you go into the fight with full/moderately high sanity, I agree the Thrall shield doesn't matter.

The damage scales off the remaining absorb, as does the sanity damage. With a lvl 15 cloak and letting the full absorb go off in your face, you're going to take 90 sanity loss in a 5 mask run. If my napkin math is correct, if you dodge every other mechanic (which is easy) and just take the explosion, you still have almost 7 minutes to kill Thrall. Even if you let the pigs get off two casts each and take the full explosion to the face, you have 5 minutes to kill Thrall dodging everything else. This is ignoring the fact that you can drop a sanity orb at the start and the cheat death talent, which offers even more time/safety to your Thrall kill. Truth be told, the damage done by all these abilities is far more dangerous than the sanity loss which they incur.

As a slight aside as I keep seeing people that think Alleria is hard as melee: treat it like an arena match and stick to a pillar if you're having issues. The bombs are like the soccer bombs in Motherlode, where you can pick the direction you kick them based upon how your body is positioned, so kicked them all roughly to the same spot. Strafe around her when the shadow arrows pick their landing spots, as she tends to not shoot many behind her. For chains/explosion, either immunity or just run out at the last second (I actually sit behind a pillar and get dragged into it for Chains, as it doesn't spawn Burned Bridge puddles when you're dragged). As for the eyeball, taking some sanity loss from the ability isn't the end of the world, but she tends to send the eyeball behind you so it's not that big of a deal to begin with (it should be the only source of sanity loss you take). I checked my uptime on her on my melee characters, and it's usually around 90-95%... I tend to play more aggressively, but use the pillars to make Alleria's repositioning more responsive if you want to play it safe.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-03-26 at 11:41 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    just get cloak lvl14-15. afk 2minutes before him and then get titangift procc on first boar kill and nuke hin if you want to go idiotproof

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If you go into the fight with full/moderately high sanity, I agree the Thrall shield doesn't matter.

The damage scales off the remaining absorb, as does the sanity damage. With a lvl 15 cloak and letting the full absorb go off in your face, you're going to take 90 sanity loss in a 5 mask run. If my napkin math is correct, if you dodge every other mechanic (which is easy) and just take the explosion, you still have almost 7 minutes to kill Thrall. Even if you let the pigs get off two casts each and take the full explosion to the face, you have 5 minutes to kill Thrall dodging everything else. This is ignoring the fact that you can drop a sanity orb at the start and the cheat death talent, which offers even more time/safety to your Thrall kill. Truth be told, the damage done by all these abilities is far more dangerous than the sanity loss which they incur.
    This has been the case for everything in visions with the exception of Rexxar's dogs for a while now. Cloak level and Gift make sanity a non-issue, especially if you add K'bab on top.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    Just burn him, maybe throw a stun of interrupt on a boar occasionally. He doesn't take long to kill with CDs

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    edit: Quick question/poll here: Can anyone actually break Thrall's shield thing on 5-mask? I never even come close even with Lust, GotT, etc...
    Nope, it's actually a bit ridiculous. I main a fairly geared Boomkin, which is known for its high single target damage. I think maybe if I had a few lucky crits on starsurge with strong buffs up it might happen, but I can't remember ever seeing it. But as mentioned it luckily drains very little sanity so it's not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

The damage scales off the remaining absorb, as does the sanity damage. With a lvl 15 cloak and letting the full absorb go off in your face, you're going to take 90 sanity loss in a 5 mask run.
    I'm actually fairly certain this is incorrect. The tooltip says it works like you described, but if you run a WA that tracks sanity loss you notice that you always take the same sanity loss regardless of how much shield remained. I believe it's 32 or 48 or something along those lines, in any case it's an insignificant amount.

Plenty of people can clear it. The problem is not the boss.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He is way harder compare to the rest of them, no doubt, alto proper planning aka Gift is a very helpful.
    And i'm talking about 5 mask run, anything lower and he is fine.

Learn to use your tookit, every spec has more than enough to cc boars, kill them or a combination of both, letting boars gets a casts off is not even a big deal anymore with cloak levels of resistance past 8.

IF anyone has to be nerfed it is Shaw.

Rexxar - click my CDs, press my cloak and burn him down ignoring mechanics

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    is it that hard to not face an eye? You can do all of stormwind save mage quarter very easily w/o using an orb
    Lol I learned like 6 weeks in that if you don't face an eye they have no effect. It sucks that there's no in game information about visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    just get cloak lvl14-15. afk 2minutes before him and then get titangift procc on first boar kill and nuke hin if you want to go idiotproof
    There's a 2 min timer on cloak and it's guaranteed? If so, really good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think there is no way around getting two boars from the start at Thrall though...it just is how the fight starts, so I usually focus burning them down right away

Next week ofc is SW...so...that is even worse

I hate that place...and while apparently dealing with the eyes is "turn away and not look at them" is the way to go...I am also not very good at that (playing a melee class).

Good for you if Alleria works for you...I hate her....but at the end of the day, this might be Blizzard's way of balancing...make some bosses friendly for casters, others for melee. At this point (and with my shit gear) I think I might never get the 5 mask SW achievement
    Idk about the boars on Thrall, but I have no problems with him as he never spawns more than 2 boars. With Rexxar I just get overwhelmed by the number of boars, even if I Glacial Spike one of them, if the GS hits Rexxar he will just spawn 2 more and I end up with 3...

As for the 5 mask SW achievement, every spec in the game can positively get it. You just need the right gear (ilvl, corruption, cloak level, HoA level, essences), the right knowledge (how to make best use of the potions, buffs, routes, tactics, etc) and the right skill for it (reaction time, DPS performance, survivability, etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Lol I learned like 6 weeks in that if you don't face an eye they have no effect. It sucks that there's no in game information about visions.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a 2 min timer on cloak and it's guaranteed? If so, really good advice.
    I think he means the Gift of the Titans research buff (the one that lasts 20 sec and reduces your Sanity loss to 0). But you need to have cloak level 14-15 in order to be able to AFK 2 minutes without dying

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This has been the case for everything in visions with the exception of Rexxar's dogs for a while now. Cloak level and Gift make sanity a non-issue, especially if you add K'bab on top.
    If you use Ghastly Goulash then damage is basically nullified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I think he means the Gift of the Titans research buff (the one that lasts 20 sec and reduces your Sanity loss to 0). But you need to have cloak level 14-15 in order to be able to AFK 2 minutes without dying
    Yeah, I thought he meant that you wait 2 minutes to reset some internal cooldown or something.

As a slight aside as I keep seeing people that think Alleria is hard as melee: treat it like an arena match and stick to a pillar if you're having issues.
    This advice comes with some dangers of its own, though. You have to remember that Blizzard isn't exactly perfect at coding, especially when they are rushing things. And while this usually works, I've had like 2 or 3 runs where, well, the stupid eye decided that the inside of the pillar would make an awesome place to teleport to. One time that ended up with both of them evading, leaving me to die a slow and steady death to sanity drain. The other time it just disconnected me when the eye tried to port again. Reboot game, log in, vision failed.

Might just be me being unlucky, but I learned to never truly hug the pillars, always keep a distance. I.e. Line of sight her, but not being directly next to the pillar.. A bit more inconvenient, but a failed vision is a failed vision, even if it's Blizz' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    Gift of the titan procs aren't guaranteed on kill while it's off cd. My 5 mask clear this week, I waited until the internal cd was finished before I started killing Rexxar, ended up killing all the boars and not getting it to proc once. Super annoying.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought so too, then I began waiting out the gift of titan proc cd to be ready to pop, drop an orb infront of rexxar and pulled him in it, kill the first pigs til gift of the titan proc and then just go to town on him, quick memebeam to finish before gift proc runs out to clean up pigs if rexxar isn't dead by then.(Depends on gear and the amount of masks you put on)
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

It really depends so much on your class i guess, but have never really had any problems with him.

As a fire mage i kill him in 7 seconds and thrall in about 15-20 so i think thrall is way harder.

On my DH i also have no trouble with rexxar, can't kill him super fast, but still never really been close to dying or anything on him.

On hunter it was easy enough as well, just aoe the boars down and you good.

Those are the only classes i do 5 mask on so can't speak for the rest.