Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    You mean the ones that were always low pop because Blizzard had to make a massive influx of servers due to the overwhelming surge of popularity and players, solid argument. Na, retail is a ghost town. Caters to a bigger crowd? Lmao. Over 100 million accounts have been made for WoW, how many of them do you think returned to play Classic because they got fed up of the garbage Wow turned into and prefer the old, way superior WoW? Way more than what's currently playing retail, that's for sure.
    And how many of those that swarmed to Classic left after seeing how easy MC was? Then came back for BWL, had a laugh while clearing it in 2 hours, then thought "fuck it, atleast retail gives a challenge".

Both are popular, both are good in their own ways.

No matter how you spin your words, with zero sources, I won't believe for a second that Classic is bigger than Retail. I love Classic, I play it everyday, but there is no way it's bigger than Retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    And how many of those that swarmed to Classic left after seeing how easy MC was? Then came back for BWL, had a laugh while clearing it in 2 hours, then thought "fuck it, atleast retail gives a challenge".

Both are popular, both are good in their own ways.

No matter how you spin your words, with zero sources, I won't believe for a second that Classic is bigger than Retail. I love Classic, I play it everyday, but there is no way it's bigger than Retail.
    Not many? Since Classic is still booming and I just had a login queue on a PvE realm lmao. If you said "has game activity dropped with raid loggers" then you'd have a valid argument, but the nonsense you're spewing because you're in denial that Classic is more popular than retail is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Not many? Since Classic is still booming and I just had a login queue on a PvE realm lmao. If you said "has game activity dropped with raid loggers" then you'd have a valid argument, but the nonsense you're spewing because you're in denial that Classic is more popular than retail is hilarious.
    Both Retail and Classic is of course seeing a surge of players now, when everyone is on lockdown because of COVID-19. Still, where we had several thousands and hours of queues at the beginning of Classic (and the first month or so, before people realized it's zero to do at max level except raid), we now have some hundreds.

As I said, Classic is amazing, and it got a decent sized crowd. But you have literally zero backing up on what you're claiming - that it's bigger than Retail. Show me some data on it being bigger, and I'll lay down flat and admit I was wrong.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Over 40k liquid gold, not including assets over 6 bank alts filled with major mana pots, illusion dust, 40-50s BOEs, and many, many more stacks of large brilliant shards, and 1 bank alt with mostly arcane crystal stacks, several stacks of blue sapphires, azerothian diamonds, huge emeralds, large opals, and thorium bars (mainly for TBC JC).

I play with 4 active accounts.

Both Retail and Classic is of course seeing a surge of players now, when everyone is on lockdown because of COVID-19. Still, where we had several thousands and hours of queues at the beginning of Classic (and the first month or so, before people realized it's zero to do at max level except raid), we now have some hundreds.

As I said, Classic is amazing, and it got a decent sized crowd. But you have literally zero backing up on what you're claiming - that it's bigger than Retail. Show me some data on it being bigger, and I'll lay down flat and admit I was wrong.
    I don't have a bone to pick in this argument but just with Classic release WoW subscription revenue tripled. And WoW in general exited Q4 2019 with more than double its subscription level.

Seeing as 8.3.5 didn't get released until Q1 2020, it's safe to assume that Retail isn't bigger than Classic or only gained a lead prior to the release of BWL. Can't say Retail is bigger than Classic right now when we don't have Q1 2020 investor information.

Source: https://investor.activision.com/fina...rterly-results

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    I don't have a bone to pick in this argument but just with Classic release WoW subscription revenue tripled. And WoW in general exited Q4 2019 with more than double its subscription level.

Seeing as 8.3.5 didn't get released until Q1 2020, it's safe to assume that Retail isn't bigger than Classic or only gained a lead prior to the release of BWL. Can't say Retail is bigger than Classic right now when we don't have Q1 2020 investor information.

Source: https://investor.activision.com/fina...rterly-results
    Yeah, they did a great job marketing Classic, got a bunch of huge streamers to join in, and had a lot of players sub, which resulted in aweful long queues so they had to make a bunch of servers. Servers that are now dead, and queues that are pretty much non-existant now when the big streamers moved on.

Classic was a LOT bigger than Retail, and a huge marketing success. Doesn't mean it still is bigger.

Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Over 40k liquid gold, not including assets over 6 bank alts filled with major mana pots, illusion dust, 40-50s BOEs, and many, many more stacks of large brilliant shards, and 1 bank alt with mostly arcane crystal stacks, several stacks of blue sapphires, azerothian diamonds, huge emeralds, large opals, and thorium bars (mainly for TBC JC).

I play with 4 active accounts.

Great job. I would love to link up with you and pick your mind! I have played 15 years, but I am still an amateur when it comes to game economics. To have a system setup with 4 accounts, and over 40k not including assets on Classic WoW is next level for me. I’m killing myself just to break 10k. I am running only 1 account, Rogue main, no alts. So those are my first problems to be sure. I would be willing to start 3 more accounts and do a similar setup. If you have any tips or resources that could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Almost every resource I find online is a gimmicky get rich quick farm scheme.

26g, lvl 32

im fked

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    I have just over 4 million gold. I do not spend a lot and I have alchemy (with herbalism on an alt) so I sell some flasks. I used to have very little gold, but I guess it really took off in WoD and has been slowly going up since then.
    Bud it's a classic post . I' m piss poor on classic, 80+ gold , lack the time to play properly.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    26g, lvl 32

im fked
    That's when the gold starts to come from quests etc though, so dont worry too much about it. Try to save up as much as you can for 40, only buy skills you actually use

1,100 gold I've become a raid logger. My server has had queues now for a month with an influx of transfers and now the covid-19 has made things worse. Plus it's no fun with the twenty minute queues for BG.

800g but need moar all the the time for the price of these raid consumables lol made a mage so hopefully i can make it a cash cow

Quote Originally Posted by Vaulton05 View Post
    Thank you for the responses everyone. Can’t come to a firm conclusion, but based off this post and talking with many others, the average player seems to have about 200-600g.
    That's not what the data says. Go away and calculate it properly and get back to us. I'll let you know if you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

6G last I checked which was months ago. Still level 22.

IM sitting at 80g right now on my lvl 48 Lock which is my highest character, have Tailoring at 280 and Enchanting at 266 so spent probably 100g on those. I stopped playing back around Halloween, and started back up a week ago so that was 2 months worth.

Yeah, they did a great job marketing Classic, got a bunch of huge streamers to join in, and had a lot of players sub, which resulted in aweful long queues so they had to make a bunch of servers. Servers that are now dead, and queues that are pretty much non-existant now when the big streamers moved on.

Classic was a LOT bigger than Retail, and a huge marketing success. Doesn't mean it still is bigger.
    It doesn't mean either without information. Both sides of the arguments is speculative. What we do know is WoW Classic was bigger, exited 2019 bigger, and we're waiting for Q1 2020 information which hasn't been dropped. For all we know, a significant portion of people who've played 8.3.5 and have killed N'Zoth could've stopped playing.

Just saying "doesn't mean it still is bigger" is about the same as saying "doesn't mean retail isn't bigger". You don't know, can't know so you can't really argue one side in the negative then say "you have literally zero backing up on what you're claiming -- that it's bigger than Retail". You asked for proof, and proof was given.

It was bigger, and ended on par, if not bigger, at the end of 2019. Ask again when they have the Q1 2020 investor information is released and you may have a valid point. Otherwise, prove that Retail is bigger than Classic. See how this works?

2K in gold, another ~80 stacks of dreamfoill/plaguebloom/silversage, so about 4-4.5K total?

People will be surprised when blizzard only let you transfer over a little gold with TBC because it would destroy the server economy before it even start. I doubt they even let you bring mats and boes over

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's not what the data says. Go away and calculate it properly and get back to us. I'll let you know if you're right.
    ^^^ Doesn't get much more condescending than that folks ^^^
    Last edited by Vaulton05; 2020-03-31 at 03:22 AM.

I have 3 @ 60 and about 2k gold, with only one epic riding.

I spent a decent amount keeping my other 2 60s in good leveling gear on the way to 60. Haven’t really figured out if it’s worth it or not.

Now I’m farming to build up gold for the future.

I’m confident we’ll get TBC. I didn’t start until Wrath. I have had a great time with Classic and I’m sure TBC will be awesome too.

The simple but tedious gating aspects of the game back then is what keeps me busy.