Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaulton05 View Post
    ^^^ Doesn't get much more condescending than that folks ^^^
    Still waiting. Or are you too angry to do the calculations correctly. Ill give you a hint. Its not 200-600g.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    About 60g before I stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Still waiting. Or are you too angry to do the calculations correctly. Ill give you a hint. Its not 200-600g.

About 1500 raw gold.
    About 1500 gold in consumables & mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Both Retail and Classic is of course seeing a surge of players now, when everyone is on lockdown because of COVID-19. Still, where we had several thousands and hours of queues at the beginning of Classic (and the first month or so, before people realized it's zero to do at max level except raid), we now have some hundreds.

As I said, Classic is amazing, and it got a decent sized crowd. But you have literally zero backing up on what you're claiming - that it's bigger than Retail. Show me some data on it being bigger, and I'll lay down flat and admit I was wrong.
    Vice versa?? We'll ignore that Classic brought back over 2.6 million subs (probably around 3 million) and is the biggest surge in players Blizzard has ever seen. We can also ignore that the servers have barely changed in population and are still high/full and very busy whilst retail players are constantly complaining how crap/unbalanced the game is and anyone can see it's a ghost town.

Let's look at the mountains evidence you provided shall we? Oh wait, denial and "because I said so" doesn't seem to cut it. Soz m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Bud it's a classic post . I' m piss poor on classic, 80+ gold , lack the time to play properly.
    I did not realize which forum I was in when I replied to the thread, my apologies.

i got 60 silver and a ton of available spells at the trainer
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Vice versa?? We'll ignore that Classic brought back over 2.6 million subs (probably around 3 million) and is the biggest surge in players Blizzard has ever seen. We can also ignore that the servers have barely changed in population and are still high/full and very busy whilst retail players are constantly complaining how crap/unbalanced the game is and anyone can see it's a ghost town.

Let's look at the mountains evidence you provided shall we? Oh wait, denial and "because I said so" doesn't seem to cut it. Soz m8.
    Source: trust me m8

Pulling numbers and facts out of your ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 200g

15+ Year Old Account
    ~500

Farmed 10k on a pvt server, then 30k on the next, and last itteration before classic I farmed whatever I needed. In the end, after the 'death' or progress completion of all 3, the latter felt so much better not having so much wasted time wasting away in my bank forever. Especially the first one I ended with over 200 titan/SP flasks, pffff.

Yes it feels equally bad sometimes not having my 5000 major mana pots or 500 GFPP to use on every single thing in raid, but whatever. I might start nolife farming sometime, but I'm not into that 'mindset' yet of just putting in a week or two in DireMaul or Maraudon.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    ~500

Farmed 10k on a pvt server, then 30k on the next, and last itteration before classic I farmed whatever I needed. In the end, after the 'death' or progress completion of all 3, the latter felt so much better not having so much wasted time wasting away in my bank forever. Especially the first one I ended with over 200 titan/SP flasks, pffff.

Yes it feels equally bad sometimes not having my 5000 major mana pots or 500 GFPP to use on every single thing in raid, but whatever. I might start nolife farming sometime, but I'm not into that 'mindset' yet of just putting in a week or two in DireMaul or Maraudon.

I would do the same in retail, stock up on more consumes that I could ever use, then even worse I would forget to auction off all the mats/consumables at the start of the final tier of expansions and be stuck with basically 200 Flasks that I could either vendor, sell for cheap, or use for leveling in the next expansion. In the end, I find it better to just farm what I need, and sell excess. Totally brings a sense of security to have enough consumables to last the next 5 years...but then you realize the expansion will only be relevant for 2.5 years! In classics case the dynamics are a bit different. But same concept.

You honestly believe the servers are as full as they where 5 months ago? Just log in and have a look. Classic was massive, and is still thriving. But nothing near as big as it was. Just play the game and you figure that one out rather quickly.

Also the high/full markers are fluid. Doesn't mean shit when they just added layers in the beginning, and later on removed them as people got burned out/figured that Classic wasn't anything for them.

We can wait for the data though, no worries. Feel free to come back here with evidence of your claims then.

- - - Updated - - -

~500

This time around it really looks like we're getting TBC though, so stocking up on gold really isn't stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

200g, haven't really played since dinging 60 back in October.

~500

This time around it really looks like we're getting TBC though, so stocking up on gold really isn't stupid.

True, just make sure to liquidate your assets timely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that would definitely be a huge difference, back to farming gold it is after all

Quote Originally Posted by Sallador View Post
    Source: trust me m8

Pulling numbers and facts out of your ass
    From my ass, eh?

Classic beat the all time record.

This is the previous record of 2.6 million. Try again m8.

You honestly believe the servers are as full as they where 5 months ago? Just log in and have a look. Classic was massive, and is still thriving. But nothing near as big as it was. Just play the game and you figure that one out rather quickly.

Also the high/full markers are fluid. Doesn't mean shit when they just added layers in the beginning, and later on removed them as people got burned out/figured that Classic wasn't anything for them.
    Yeah, Blizzard puts them on for a laugh just to troll Noxina of MMO Champion. Sure, people have left and the numbers have gone down, but slightly as the servers are still booming, leveling zones are still packed, and new players are still joining. Log in to retail and compare the difference, it's obvious. Whatever, I'll leave it to you to ask for mountains of evidence and then use none yourself. But as Blizzard had to stop releasing sub numbers for retail because they dipped to record lows, I think it's pretty obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 830g on my main just in gold. I have some long term investments (recipes/reagents/etc) stashed on a bank toon for Phase 5 (and maybe 4) but I can't put a value on them cause I really don't know what they'll go for when they become in demand.

Yeah, Blizzard puts them on for a laugh just to troll Noxina of MMO Champion. Sure, people have left and the numbers have gone down, but slightly as the servers are still booming, leveling zones are still packed, and new players are still joining. Log in to retail and compare the difference, it's obvious. Whatever, I'll leave it to you to ask for mountains of evidence and then use none yourself. But as Blizzard had to stop releasing sub numbers for retail because they dipped to record lows, I think it's pretty obvious.
    You did read the part about layering? The servers was full with several layers allowing more people to play. And now they are full with one layer.
    Leveling zones swarming with people? What server are you playing on? Most zones got a couple people questing, and that's it.

Retail feels empty, because they are all sitting in a city queueing for everything they do. Last time I checked, Orgrimmar was so packed with huge flashy mounts, it was hard to freaking focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

About 300g currently. About 200g in consumables. Gear is fully enchanted with the top enchants currently available

From my ass, eh?

Classic beat the all time record.

This is the previous record of 2.6 million. Try again m8.

You honestly believe that all those players are still playing classic?

And by pulling numbers from your ass and making stuff up, i was referring you believing server population hasn't changed, that retail is a "ghost town" and that complaining players on balance etc are the majority of players playing retail.

"Anyone can see it's a ghost town" Genuinely my favourite ape quote of the month.