Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I hope they also make some changes that make soloing certain bosses literally impossible. This is annoying.
    which ones are impossible to solo?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    which ones are impossible to solo?

Imonar in Antorus for example, who puts sleep on you until you die.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Imonar in Antorus for example, who puts sleep on you until you die.
    oh that does suck, hopefully they change that.
    i didnt notice cause either
    1. my pet would kill him
    2. my infinite corruption would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Gotta get dem sick relic mogs!
    My favorite transmog run was when I bonus rolled two relics and got one single piece as drop. It was a ring!

An epic experience

Back in BOD i was able to do mythic nighthold.
    I should easily be able to do mythic tos and antorus now, that was 2 raid patches ago, we didnt even have essences yet.

- - - Updated - - -

1. that is not true at all stop making up sahit, that had nothign to do with item stat squish, cause this was intoeruded before the item stat squish.
    2. he asked "Will the damage buff come with the Legacy Loot change?" you said "there is no such thing as a damage buff"
    3. yes the damage buff did exist before legacy loot was a thing, but you literally said 2 posts ago there is no such thing as a damage buff.

Yes, my chaos bolt TOTALLY hits for 5 mil
    and my conflage hits for upwards of 2.5 mil.
    this is totally normal.
    Again: I am NOT talking about Emerald Nightmare or Nighthold. I'm not making this up to spoil any fun. I ran ToS & Antorus on multiple 120 toons the last 2 months and it was impossible to kill some bosses, even with a group of 5-10 people. Some mechanics simply just won't let you do that. Period. I would have gladly farmed this content solo but there is a reason why people are looking for legacy raid groups and try to fill them up as much as possible. It's not just because it would be faster..

Eonar: 2-4 people needed on the ship to prevent Final Doom, meanwhile 1-2 needed at every entrance to clear trash / bats..

Imonar: Sleep, Stuns, Knockbacks & Knockoffs off the platform

Avatar: Rupture & Desolate so you swim in the green lava to die before you could kill him

Maiden: Will disappear as soon as you drop down with the bomb

Kil Jaeden: Good luck killing him if you are not a DH Tank who really can solo him..

Kin'garoth: will be difficult to burst down the mob casting apocalypse protocol

Coven of Shivarra: Need to be tanked seperately, otherwise immune to damage

Aggramar: he erupts as soon as too many fire elementals get to him if you don't kill them fast enough and you get oneshotted after a while

Argus: His debuffs will make you die, even if the other mechanics would be survivable else..

But I'm looking forward to watch your videos soloing both raids on mythic next week while out-dpsing a 10-15 man raid group that already struggles killing stuff in these 2 raids
    Last edited by Fragile; 2020-03-27 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    Also think of the first encounter in Hellfire Citadel. How long did it take them to make it soloable since WoD without being a Demon Hunter because of triggered mechanics? Until late 2019..
    This is wrong. It was soloable "all the way" through Legion, and the only issue there was with that encounter was that after our ilvl squish in BfA, Blizz didn't squish raids at the same time, so several raids became impossible to do.

That's also why I worry about this shadowlands level squish. I worry we won't be able to solo BfA content. They've also phrased it as "everything you can do now, you can do in shadowlands". I can't do BfA raids solo now.

I like how they pretend they had valid and logical reasoning for why it wasn't already legacy loot. "...the rewards are primarily sought by transmog collectors." Primarily! Oh, right, I totally forgot how people farmed the gear from previous expansion raids... to use as actual gear, when it's 10 levels outdated. Because that's a thing that happens, right?

I do wonder what's the minimum amount of people you can do Eonar with. Wondered that since we first set foot in there, since it seemed like something that would be a pain in the ass.

I'm just as excited for this as any mog runner. But, are there any required group mechanics that won't let you solo those raids/dungeons past a certain point?

Off the top of my head, the general in Antorus that requires you to get in the bay might let you skip the mechanic since you can kill the adds without bombing them.

I mean I've been doing heroics and some earlier mythical since uldir.

Still haven't got half the stuff I need to finish my legion appearance collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Except there are weapon drops. They're purely for cosmetic reasons, but they are usable as weapons, classified as weapons, and drop from bosses.

A lot of people, myself included until I got them, run Antorus strictly to get these weapons.
    Yeah but those weapons always have and likely will continue to drop as bonus loot, just like mounts do. They're not part of the loot table, so if you're, say, a warlock hoping to get Taeshalach or Scythe of the Unmaker for your felguard you're still out of luck. And since it continues to be personal bonus loot it'll remain untradeable as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I hope this means Aggramar will be less impossible to solo.

I like, but I'm still waiting until SL, especially considering Mythic. <.<

As long as there won't be any significant "power up" in damage done by the players, or reducing the HP of the bosses, or preventing some mechanics to trigger as they do right now on mythic difficulty, I tend to say introducing legacy loot at this point will be even more of a shit show than personal loot.

Imagine still needing 8-20 people to clear ToS & Antorus but this time around everyone rolls on every single one of the 5 items that drop from each boss..

1. that is not true at all stop making up sahit, that had nothign to do with item stat squish, cause this was intoeruded before the item stat squish.
    3. yes the damage buff did exist before legacy loot was a thing, but you literally said 2 posts ago there is no such thing as a damage buff.
    Do you like to contradict yourself? Kek.

2. he asked "Will the damage buff come with the Legacy Loot change?" you said "there is no such thing as a damage buff"
    I may have worded it wrong. The damage buff apparent in the old legacy expansions are still not a feature of the Legacy Loot rule, period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    As long as there won't be any significant "power up" in damage done by the players, or reducing the HP of the bosses, or preventing some mechanics to trigger as they do right now on mythic difficulty, I tend to say introducing legacy loot at this point will be even more of a shit show than personal loot.

Imagine still needing 8-20 people to clear ToS & Antorus but this time around everyone rolls on every single one of the 5 items that drop from each boss..
    - The Emerald Nightmare LFR, Normal and Heroic are soloable. Mythic i wiped solo at Xavius. Other classes may fare better.
    - The Nighthold LFR, Normal and Heroic are soloable. Mythic causes some problems.
    - ToS LFR is soloable. The other difficulties may still cause some issues.
    - Antorus LFR is soloable. Normal and higher requires at least 2 people, since some mechanics require it. Mythic has some issues with Eonar, requiring a few players.

I never tested Trial of Valor solo, so cant say much there.

TL,DR. Most content is soloable, Best use 2 to 5 players and share the loot, Mythic still can cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    There is, for raids under 11+ levels below the max. Go to any of the Warlords of Draenor raids and see how hard you hit compared to normal.
    Yeah doing like 36 million dps is sweet
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post

I may have worded it wrong. The damage buff apparent in the old legacy expansions are still not a feature of the Legacy Loot rule, period.
    You said no such thing as a damage buff exists, it does, you are wrong.
    he asked "Will the damage buff come with this?" both him and i know it is not part of the legacy loot buff, but it does exist, and he was asking if the damage boost would alos be coming, which we dont know yet, and again you said doesent exist, you were wrong, get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    How cool of them! Didn't expect this. Might make me sub and gear up to start farming some Legion content.

Although I don't understand why not get rid of legacy loot completely, and have all bosses drop a fixed amount of loot. Or is there a problem if someone solos BFA bosses and gets lots of loot?

They also should remove mechanics from Legacy bosses that prevent the said fight from being solo'd, like they have done before. I believe there's many Legion raids that are impossible to solo, just because it was designed for more than one people.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-03-27 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- The Emerald Nightmare LFR, Normal and Heroic are soloable. Mythic i wiped solo at Xavius. Other classes may fare better.
    - The Nighthold LFR, Normal and Heroic are soloable. Mythic causes some problems.
    - ToS LFR is soloable. The other difficulties may still cause some issues.
    - Antorus LFR is soloable. Normal and higher requires at least 2 people, since some mechanics require it. Mythic has some issues with Eonar, requiring a few players.

I never tested Trial of Valor solo, so cant say much there.

TL,DR. Most content is soloable, Best use 2 to 5 players and share the loot, Mythic still can cause issues.
    That's why I was ONLY referring to these two Raids on MYTHIC Difficulty. Antorus & ToS Mythic won't be soloable. I didn't say anything else :P

Collectors must be leaving the game too.