Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Collectors must be leaving the game too.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Their definition of legacy is not yours and, sadly, theirs is the one that matters.
    He just gave his opinion of how he think it should be. Stop always being so condescending towards other people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    which ones are impossible to solo?
    I haven't researched it too well, but I think mythic Gul'dan is impossible to solo for some classes due to the illidan debuff? Some classes can avoid the debuff but other cant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You said no such thing as a damage buff exists, it does, you are wrong.
    he asked "Will the damage buff come with this?" both him and i know it is not part of the legacy loot buff, but it does exist, and he was asking if the damage boost would alos be coming, which we dont know yet, and again you said doesent exist, you were wrong, get over it.
    Why do you keep arguing with him based on a technicality. Do you have a need for him to admit that what he said was technically wrong?

  3. #83
    On Mythic you'll definitely still need a group for Antorus and ToS no matter how geared and good you are. For the former especially, as Imonar and Eonar are 100% impossible to solo, and Coven only if you have a pet tanking it. Thankfully you can skip to Aggrammar/Argus, but I strongly doubt many people will be able to tank their damage output.

    I'll still solo EN and have a go at Nighthold, which I'm fairly sure is quite soloable.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    On Mythic you'll definitely still need a group for Antorus and ToS no matter how geared and good you are. For the former especially, as Imonar and Eonar are 100% impossible to solo, and Coven only if you have a pet tanking it. Thankfully you can skip to Aggrammar/Argus, but I strongly doubt many people will be able to tank their damage output.

    I'll still solo EN and have a go at Nighthold, which I'm fairly sure is quite soloable.
    Until they fix Eonar to be soloable since you need like a dozen with a brain to do the boss right, I'm not bothering with Antorus Mythic. I got the sets I want from ToS though, they're awesome looking.

  5. #85
    Warchief Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Collectors must be leaving the game too.
    Both me and my partner refuse to do Legion content because of the loot rules. It just felt so bad not getting anything at all 80 % of the time.
    So, we had way less to do this expansion.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Until they fix Eonar to be soloable since you need like a dozen with a brain to do the boss right, I'm not bothering with Antorus Mythic. I got the sets I want from ToS though, they're awesome looking.
    They nerfed Eonar, you need just 4 people now. You can re-enter the ship after you're done.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  7. #87
    Cool but kinda useless for me since I want Mythic ToS mogs but no friends to run them with

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Oh good. Maybe now I can finally get the damn monk pants from Sassz'ine.
    They literally just dropped for me. :P
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  9. #89
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,045
    Right on schedule, won't be long now before news of how Shadowlands is coming along hits.

  10. #90
    Quick question: does this new Loot rule apply to Legion LFR or will it only be Normal, Heroic, Mythic?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, but part of the problem was that during pre-BFA interview Ion addressed this and stated that at least 2 pieces of gear would drop because running the dungeons/raids and getting no loot wouldn't feel good. Yet finally we get it. Guess better late than never.
    So you get a blue post saying you'll always get two pieces instead of the possible none, and that's not good enough. Then we're getting legacy loot rules early, and your response is "better late than never?" No wonder the devs don't want to talk to the playerbase anymore.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Saite View Post
    Quick question: does this new Loot rule apply to Legion LFR or will it only be Normal, Heroic, Mythic?
    Have t done one in a while, but pretty sure this change never applies to LFR drops as LFR is always personal loot.

  13. #93
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Legion instances should have been put on legacy loot rules the day that BfA launched, since that was the day that it became legacy content.
    Luckily, they did not do so

    By now, everyone would be running around in full Legion sets.
    Thanks to this, now it is a "new", "fresh" thing.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They nerfed Eonar, you need just 4 people now. You can re-enter the ship after you're done.
    Technically you still need more because some have to kill the trash at every entrance where it spawns in order for them to not reach her.

    You can't really just switch from doing trash / portals because of the red debuff that makes you fly into the air from time to time..

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you get a blue post saying you'll always get two pieces instead of the possible none, and that's not good enough. Then we're getting legacy loot rules early, and your response is "better late than never?" No wonder the devs don't want to talk to the playerbase anymore.
    Did I say something to upset you? Not every thing has to be perfect and well received.

    During BFA Pre-patch they stated that shortly after BFA is launched they would adjust the personal loot system. We are now into the final patch and they decide to activate it. We were solo'ing a lot of this back during the initial 8.0.5/8.1 patches so it should've been done then.

    We are not getting legacy loot rules early. We are indeed getting them late compared to the previous mentioning of Ion and the devs. Granted the only reason they are probably implementing it now is because in Shadowlands they have no idea when a right time is with the new leveling revamp. As they would probably enable them all at 50 rather than earlier at various parts based on expansions coming prior and gear.

    Sorry, not everyone is going to say great things about it all at once. Is it a nice change? Yes. Is it welcomed? Yes. However, it should've been done a lot sooner than it is now.

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    No wonder the devs don't want to talk to the playerbase anymore.
    Sorry, but that's not the reason at all. There are multiple reasons devs don't talk to any player base at all. Typically it isn't something they do. Also, if you think they talk to the player base during those interviews and stuff then you are pretty naive. All they do is either pick any question we already know and give an answer to it or they make up their own question just to give an answer. This is pretty evident by how every question needs a 5-15 minute answer when it can be summed up in one minute.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    Technically you still need more because some have to kill the trash at every entrance where it spawns in order for them to not reach her.

    You can't really just switch from doing trash / portals because of the red debuff that makes you fly into the air from time to time..
    I meant you need just 4 people for the ship mechanic.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    On Mythic you'll definitely still need a group for Antorus and ToS no matter how geared and good you are. For the former especially, as Imonar and Eonar are 100% impossible to solo, and Coven only if you have a pet tanking it. Thankfully you can skip to Aggrammar/Argus, but I strongly doubt many people will be able to tank their damage output.

    I'll still solo EN and have a go at Nighthold, which I'm fairly sure is quite soloable.
    EN is very simple to solo these days. Botanist can be done but a CC removal skill is extremely helpful. Krosus seems to be my wall as the add phase just overwhelms in seconds.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Did I say something to upset you? Not every thing has to be perfect and well received.

    During BFA Pre-patch they stated that shortly after BFA is launched they would adjust the personal loot system. We are now into the final patch and they decide to activate it. We were solo'ing a lot of this back during the initial 8.0.5/8.1 patches so it should've been done then.

    We are not getting legacy loot rules early. We are indeed getting them late compared to the previous mentioning of Ion and the devs. Granted the only reason they are probably implementing it now is because in Shadowlands they have no idea when a right time is with the new leveling revamp. As they would probably enable them all at 50 rather than earlier at various parts based on expansions coming prior and gear.

    Sorry, not everyone is going to say great things about it all at once. Is it a nice change? Yes. Is it welcomed? Yes. However, it should've been done a lot sooner than it is now.



    Sorry, but that's not the reason at all. There are multiple reasons devs don't talk to any player base at all. Typically it isn't something they do. Also, if you think they talk to the player base during those interviews and stuff then you are pretty naive. All they do is either pick any question we already know and give an answer to it or they make up their own question just to give an answer. This is pretty evident by how every question needs a 5-15 minute answer when it can be summed up in one minute.
    They said they're like to do it does not equal a promise to you. Maybe they decided it wasn't he right time. Haven't you heard of the 'they promised me apony meme'? According to the legacy loot rules 11+ the "right" time would've been when we hit the next level cap and Legion was 11+ behind. That's months from now. Therefore we're getting it early. I love how you can twist anything Blizzard does into something negative. "We're only getting it because they have no idea what the right time is." Do you even hear yourself?

    As for your entire second paragraph, it's so biased and bigoted it's not even worth commenting on.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you get a blue post saying you'll always get two pieces instead of the possible none, and that's not good enough. Then we're getting legacy loot rules early, and your response is "better late than never?" No wonder the devs don't want to talk to the playerbase anymore.
    Of course it wasn't good enough, because it was a lie. There has never been a point where you are guaranteed to get at least two pieces, currently Legion content gives a single item ~20% of the time and never gives multiple items.


    Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I think he was confusing soloing old content with running current content with a minimum size raid.

  20. #100
    I really don't know much on this since I never bothered to run Legion stuff since I knew it wasn't on legacy loot rules. I do, however, remember the pain of trying to run DS through HFC LFRs during Legion. Gotta love having a chance to get one piece of gear in LFR from the same boss you get ~5 pieces from on the other 3 diffs. Once they added legacy loot I had all the mog in a matter of weeks. /yay
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •