Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Next Reset - Legacy Loot Coming to Legion Instances

    Next Reset - Legacy Loot Coming to Legion Instances
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With scheduled weekly maintenance the week of March 31, we’re enabling Legacy loot rules in Legion raids and dungeons.

    We’re reached that point in an expansion where the content from the previous expansion no longer requires a full group, and the rewards are primarily sought by transmog collectors. With this change, Legion raid and dungeon encounters will drop a fixed quantity of class-agnostic loot. Today, if you and one other player enter Emerald Nightmare on Mythic difficulty and kill Nythendra, it’s unlikely that you’ll receive any loot, since drop rates normally scale to the number of players. After this change, Nythendra will always drop 5 items from her loot table, regardless of your group size.

    Dungeons and many of the lower-difficulty raid bosses in Legion are already soloable by well-equipped Battle for Azeroth characters, though some bosses, especially on Mythic difficulty, may still require you to bring a few friends. Nonetheless, this should amount to a great increase in the availability of Legion transmog gear.

    See you there!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-03-27 at 03:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Yay! Better transmog farming, now lets see how long before somebody claims this is a terrible thing.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Yay! Better transmog farming, now lets see how long before somebody claims this is a terrible thing.
    This is a terrible fucking thing.





































    /s


    *Thumbs up!*
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  4. #4
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,923
    Awesome news. Don't have much I need from them these days, but I know a lot of people still trying to finish off various sets and get cosmetic pieces.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  5. #5
    Will the damage buff come with the Legacy Loot change?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Will the damage buff come with the Legacy Loot change?
    What damage buff? There never was one in legacy raids.
    The one you probably think about is the compensation for the item squish back in draenor. They didn't bothered to scale raids back then, since their system to scale properly mobs down wasn't refined like today.

  7. #7
    Oh good. Maybe now I can finally get the damn monk pants from Sassz'ine.

  8. #8
    Just wish they'd make it such that you unlocked lesser difficulty versions of gear dropped. Needing to run numerous difficulties of the same dungeon or raid just sucks.

  9. #9
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    1,810
    Great change! Now I can finish all my DH mogs!

  10. #10
    Ok I unsubbed back in Wrath and been here reading every single post since then even though game is ded and I hate the game.

    I have been asking for legacy loot in legion, account wide essences and faster leveling for years even though I dont play the game.

    And it pisses me off that they are doing it now because its obvious that since it all happens 4 days too late, its a money scheme to get people into buying more store mounts and I hate Blizzard.


    Ok seriously this is a good thing!

  11. #11
    High Overlord Woods7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    152
    Legion instances should have been put on legacy loot rules the day that BfA launched, since that was the day that it became legacy content.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Just wish they'd make it such that you unlocked lesser difficulty versions of gear dropped. Needing to run numerous difficulties of the same dungeon or raid just sucks.
    At least it's better in modern raids than things ToT and back where you can only do one difficulty (plus LFR where applicable). Having to choose each week between trying for Invincible on heroic-25 and mog from anything else because you can't do both is sad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Legion instances should have been put on legacy loot rules the day that BfA launched, since that was the day that it became legacy content.
    The legacy loot rules were for content "11+" levels below the current gap. Their definition of legacy is not yours and, sadly, theirs is the one that matters. I myself had been wondering how they were going to handle the 11+ rule come Shadowlands. This is nice.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The legacy loot rules were for content "11+" levels below the current gap. Their definition of legacy is not yours and, sadly, theirs is the one that matters. I myself had been wondering how they were going to handle the 11+ rule come Shadowlands. This is nice.
    Yeah, but part of the problem was that during pre-BFA interview Ion addressed this and stated that at least 2 pieces of gear would drop because running the dungeons/raids and getting no loot wouldn't feel good. Yet finally we get it. Guess better late than never.

  14. #14
    I would assume that this is in part to prepare us for a long wait until we see Shadowlands, or hell even Shadowlands alpha/beta content.

    But all that aside, this is a really good change and much appreciated. Hope they do the same for BfA raids at the start of Shadowlands.

  15. #15
    Hmmm... they are still saying you might need more ppl for mythic difficulty?

    What does that exactly mean? Mechanics arent soloable? Or simply boss is still tough enough that its difficult to solo?

    I also wonder how they will eventually scale when SL comes. Will they have all mythic (or the most difficult version) tough enough that you might need a friend along? Like... mythic wod stuff that is easily soloable, but once all expansions except SL scale to same difficulty at SL max lvl?

    If all of these fears are baseless, I'm really happy with this. I might resub for a while since I'm still missing some legion transmogs that I find pretty.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Hmmm... they are still saying you might need more ppl for mythic difficulty?

    What does that exactly mean? Mechanics arent soloable? Or simply boss is still tough enough that its difficult to solo?

    I also wonder how they will eventually scale when SL comes. Will they have all mythic (or the most difficult version) tough enough that you might need a friend along? Like... mythic wod stuff that is easily soloable, but once all expansions except SL scale to same difficulty at SL max lvl?

    If all of these fears are baseless, I'm really happy with this. I might resub for a while since I'm still missing some legion transmogs that I find pretty.
    The mechanics still hurt enough that you may need a friend or two to kill them in mythic.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Hmmm... they are still saying you might need more ppl for mythic difficulty?

    What does that exactly mean? Mechanics arent soloable? Or simply boss is still tough enough that its difficult to solo?

    I also wonder how they will eventually scale when SL comes. Will they have all mythic (or the most difficult version) tough enough that you might need a friend along? Like... mythic wod stuff that is easily soloable, but once all expansions except SL scale to same difficulty at SL max lvl?

    If all of these fears are baseless, I'm really happy with this. I might resub for a while since I'm still missing some legion transmogs that I find pretty.
    I don't think Nighthold and Antorus mythic are soloable due to mechanics, or mechanics and damage, not sure.

    If so, they might be changed to facilitate solo farming in Shadowlands, but probably not before then.

    Old, pre-BfA raids shouldn't scale up to 50 since that scaling is part of Chromie time.

  18. #18
    Good change. Time to farm some mogs!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    What damage buff? There never was one in legacy raids.
    The one you probably think about is the compensation for the item squish back in draenor. They didn't bothered to scale raids back then, since their system to scale properly mobs down wasn't refined like today.
    There is, for raids under 11+ levels below the max. Go to any of the Warlords of Draenor raids and see how hard you hit compared to normal.

  20. #20
    Great change. Now I'll definitely run my alts thru them to get my mogs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •