Unpruning Demon Hunter for Shadowlands

What abilities do you like to see as a class staple for the only class born in a class pruned environment?

Currently we have these skills on both specs:
    • Chaos Brand
    • Consume Magic
    • Disrupt
    • Imprison
    • Metamorphosis
    • Torment
    • Double Jump
    • Glide
    • Shattered Souls
    • Spectral Sight
    • Throw Glaive

Our differences:
    Havoc:
    • Blade Dance
    • Chaos Strike
    • Demon's Bite
    • Eye Beam
    • Fel Rush
    • Vengeful Retreat
    • Blur
    • Darkness
    • Chaos Nova
    Vengeance:
    • Immolation Aura*
    • Shear
    • Sigil of Flame
    • Soul Cleave
    • Infernal Strike
    • Demons Spikes
    • Fiery Brand
    • Sigil of Misery
    • Sigil of Silence
    Last edited by Glaivedave; 2020-03-27 at 03:33 AM.

Y'know Vengeance USED to have Empower Wards which was great for spell mitigation, they could stand to bring that back. Also, deprune Havoc entirely so I can go back to Legion-era Demonic build, thanks. Lastly, there used to be a talent in the Havoc tree that made chaos strike cleave to a second target, why not bring that back and make it baseline to the spec?
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

Vengeance with blur would make it a top tier tank. Would be really nice.

First of all either remove Momentum completely (bad solution) or make it baseline and design the class around it.
    Also fuck Demon Blades and everything that it stands for.

Please do not bake it into havoc. It is like you have said bad game design. We need that shiet removed. Why would you advocate for that if you already made a point that it is bad?

Momentum is good in theory when you think of closing in on an opponent and getting a buff. But flipping around and dashing back and forth around an enemy every few seconds is silly. It should increase Fel Rush's cooldowns or just go away.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    First of all either remove Momentum completely (bad solution) or make it baseline and design the class around it.
    Fuck Momentum. That gameplay style is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Fuck Momentum. That gameplay style is trash.
    As I said - either fully commit on it or remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    fuck demons bite. it slows us down so much

Rename Blur to Evasion. Rename Rogue Evasion to something else.

Momentum is trash.

Last time I specced to it was at start of legion when I was raiding mythic EN. It is a liability. Do you really want to be bouncing around all the time? All those mechanics that you have to be careful of. Wait a bit? Thats loss of dps immediately as your uptime starts to drop. You will also have to do it perfectly to stay above other options.

Lets take m+ dungeons since less people do mythic raids. Do you want to bounce around as your group tries to take meta paths? You risk pulling extra groups or waste your dps by choosing to stay still.

I repeat. It is a liability. You might technically do relevant and even good dps with it, but you have to do it perfectly and avoid all those little details like mechanics, extra packs, ect. It is unlikely you are able to do that always. It is better to choose safe and more reliable specs.

Momentum is trash.

Return with blur would give it a top tier tank.