Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    This feels like the worst content drought that we ever had

    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.

  2. #2
    I have plenty of things to do that I will be busy with until Shadowlands, clearing raids on mythic and getting keystone conqueror as well as mount-farming.

    Dont feel like there is any content-drought to me.

  3. #3
    Siege's and Hellfire Citadel's were way worse.

  4. #4
    You can always just take a break until the next expansion, you know. There's more to do in the game now at least than back in the fun times of SoO content droughts.
    But this will always be down to personal opinion and so on. Some people love these droughts, some people are okay with them, some people hate them, some people don't like them and take a break, etc.

    Roughly the final patch lasts for 10 months on average, I believe? with MoP and WoD being the longest at 425 or so days each for the final major content patch.

    I'm not sure if people are expecting to be able to play for 10+ hours each day without getting burned out or "done" with the current content, or if 10 hours a week is the expected time, etc. Either way there's plenty of stuff to do for most people until Shadowlands. And if someone disagrees with that, or don't enjoy it, it's logical to take a break.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    if you think this is worse than 18 months of Siege, you are crazy.

  6. #6
    Laughable notion to be honest.

  7. #7
    The patch has only been out for what, 3 months?
    If you feel that way already, I'm not sure what can be said to help you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  8. #8
    WoW is the only game next to maybe CS:GO, League and Fortnite that doesn't need new content to retain players. Battlegrounds, Arenas, Mythic Raids, +20 Keystones. the only and I repeat the ONLY people who can complain about there being no content are: raiders who have cleared mythic Nyalotha and don't want to do M+ or PvP OR people who have ALL achievement points unlocked OR people who ONLY play the game to quest (in which case there is ALWAYS a content drought).

  9. #9
    I don't get why people feel obligated to play last patch 12 months. Every patch in history last 4-5 months at best, after that it's either break time, catching up or collection game. For all burned out I highly recommend break, otherwise you will be even more miserable next expac.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Tincjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    455
    And then in the Shadowlands last patch you'll write the same thing about Shadowlands content drought ...

    Never understood the point in making a thread solely to complain instead of making an interesting topic to discuss about.

    Give WoW a break and play something else until Shadowlands. I personally started a new main in 8.3 so I want to do some catching up.

  11. #11
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    really you think this is worse then the 15 months of hellfire citidal and afking in the garrison, or the 13 months of siege of org and timeless isle?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    the only and I repeat the ONLY people who can complain about there being no content are: raiders who have cleared mythic Nyalotha and don't want to do M+ or PvP OR people who have ALL achievement points unlocked OR people who ONLY play the game to quest (in which case there is ALWAYS a content drought).
    It's not about content, it's about "fun" content. The stuff you linked is only relevant for a pitifully small part of the playerbase, and it's not even considered part of the content available for everyone else.

    +20 Mythic dungeons? Almost no one does those for reasons, and as such it's not considered available content, leading to the drought.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,670
    You dont seem to know what content draught actually means.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not about content, it's about "fun" content. The stuff you linked is only relevant for a pitifully small part of the playerbase, and it's not even considered part of the content available for everyone else.

    +20 Mythic dungeons? Almost no one does those for reasons, and as such it's not considered available content, leading to the drought.
    roflmao okay
    "I dont like it so it doesnt count"

  15. #15
    Mop and wod were at least interesting to play. BFA not so much, jesus its shit, stale and just boring

  16. #16
    Surely this is worse than 18 months of siege of orgrimmar.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    Keep in mind that being stuck indoors in a quarantine situation is going to change your perceptions.

    This is nowhere near as bad as the WoD drought.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Mop and wod were at least interesting to play. BFA not so much, jesus its shit, stale and just boring
    mop was the worst final patch.
    Timeless isle was good if you were a lfr mouthbreather, though.

  19. #19
    People glorify history, they forget the bad parts and only remember the good. Hence, the "current" situation will always feel the worst, the current expansion will always be terrible, and everything that came before will suddenly turn into "it wasn't so bad" afterall.

    This thread is a perfect example of this. Every final patch in WoW history was always pretty much the same. You had some outdoor content that was boring and repetitive after a month or so, and you had a raid. No final patch has been any different.

    In fact, it has only gotten better over the years. Before Legion, we didn't even have M+, which means practically nothing to do but raid for 12 months. And this time around we also have visions. If you don't like them thats fine, but its still content that other people do like.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-03-27 at 03:52 PM.

  20. #20
    Are you sure about that -John Cena

    I think whats messing you up is how much time we need to wait for shadowlands.
    The drought havent even started yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •