Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    Luckily facts and science are not decided on peoples feelings. You are wrong. Its probably better if you just quit because this imaginary drought will turn into a real drought. Why put yourself through this fake pain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  2. #222
    these days content for me is to find a hc group that is on nzoth. I keep refreshing constantly looking for raid tab. God damn i feel even more desperate than azshara. I have to pug my stuff always due to work but getting aotc for nyalotha seems too difficult for me. Thank god I could get previous ones. Finding a proper pug is god damn difficult. send me a message if anybody is raiding on saturday sundays. 11/12 hc.

  3. #223
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    these days content for me is to find a hc group that is on nzoth. I keep refreshing constantly looking for raid tab. God damn i feel even more desperate than azshara. I have to pug my stuff always due to work but getting aotc for nyalotha seems too difficult for me. Thank god I could get previous ones. Finding a proper pug is god damn difficult. send me a message if anybody is raiding on saturday sundays. 11/12 hc.
    I suggest joining the secret finding discord, there are people there who usually run groups and I am sure that eventually (if not already) there will be groups basically gifting aotc

  4. #224
    There is no conceivable way that anyone can think this period is worse than MoP or WoD's content droughts.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    At least I had fun playing my class back in MoP/WoD's drought.
    It's the core issue with this expansion from go. Everything feels tedious when the core gameplay loop of most specs is poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    Same problem. All content droughts have always been more casual/alt-friendly in order to allow players to finish their stuff on all characters. But BFA? All I need - is two mounts from expeditions and one mount from rares. I've already got two of them. So, I stared to do Legion content to grab some mounts too. Yeah, BFA has some content... It's so bad, that I don't want to do it on alts. I do minimum required content on main - dailies and visions for cloak upgrades. But I don't even know, why I do it. It leads me to nowhere. Dailies are badly designed (Blizzard try to artificially stretch this content) and visions just aren't for me.

  7. #227
    LOL the final raid and latest patch has been out for what... 2months? and you're already complaining about no content? Sorry you cleared LFR already.

    Kids these days are so entitled. You wouldn't of lasted in any version of WoW pre MOP. My god.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tell that to italy
    you mean US ? its already worse there

    but nevertheless it does give excuse to play more wow with all gyms, bars , swimingpolls etc closed .

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Same problem. All content droughts have always been more casual/alt-friendly in order to allow players to finish their stuff on all characters. But BFA? All I need - is two mounts from expeditions and one mount from rares. I've already got two of them. So, I stared to do Legion content to grab some mounts too. Yeah, BFA has some content... It's so bad, that I don't want to do it on alts. I do minimum required content on main - dailies and visions for cloak upgrades. But I don't even know, why I do it. It leads me to nowhere. Dailies are badly designed (Blizzard try to artificially stretch this content) and visions just aren't for me.
    well then you have raiding and pvp .

    like it has been always historicaly .

    and mythic +

    i really dont know what people expect.

    i suppose some want infinite content.

    if you are done then yo should just realise it and take couple of months break to ensure burnout lessens.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "I don't wanna run out of things to do in WoW"

    "Ok, we hear you players. Here, bounce this ball against a wall for 3 hours."

    "OH MY GOODDD!!!!! THANK YOU SWEET BLIZZ! YOU ARE MESSIAH AND KING!"

    And there's your retail.
    This is how I picture a fair portion of the current retail crowd:

    I don't wanna raid or PvP, gimme something else.
    -Ok, here's M+.

    I don't like M+, gimme something else and make it quick and easy.
    Ok, here's islands and warfronts.

    That's boring, I don't wanna do stuff with others all the time.
    -Ok, here's visions that you can solo.

    I don't wanna do anything timed, I have a life you know.
    -Ok, here's invasions with numerous wqs and daily quests that give a few decent rewards every week.

    I'm bored of that, gimme something else.
    -Ok, what about pet battles, transmog and mount farming?

    "...Shut up and just give me more story content like it was a single player RPG. Preferably a whole expansions worth every month. NOW OR I UNSUB"

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "I don't wanna run out of things to do in WoW"

    "Ok, we hear you players. Here, bounce this ball against a wall for 3 hours."

    "OH MY GOODDD!!!!! THANK YOU SWEET BLIZZ! YOU ARE MESSIAH AND KING!"

    And there's your retail.
    You just... described videogames

  11. #231
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,765
    3 months into the patch and it's the worst ever. Whatever it is here, it's always the "worst ever." Give me a break. If you're done, then unsubscribe.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    There is not more or less to do than any expansion tbh.

    What do you want? You can do mythics, raiding, PVP, Transmog farming, Visions, leveling... i get that at some point this will become boring. But that has allways been the way with the last patch of an addon.

    If you do not like the content, then it does not mean there is nothing.

    I have my main, with whom i raid and do high level Keys.
    I have my twinks which i try to get to the level of my main, now that you can actually play them with the new essence system.

    More than enough

  13. #233
    What do you mean? Theres shitton of things to do in 8.3. You might find it boring and not worth doing, but there are many options out there. So its not really lacking in content, its lacking in what you find worthwhile doing.

    This is not real content drought. Real content drought is when you are at the 8+ month of last patch and all there is to do is the latest raid and maybe a few dungeons. Besides that the usual BGs.

    Look at 8.3. Now remove everything except the raids, dungeons, BGs and some Daily quests. Thats how a last patch usually looked like. Cleared the last raid after 2 months? WELL enjoy doing it for 12 more months.

    So its not really about lack of content. Maybe its lacking in quality? Maybe, but thats a different topic. Right now in retail theres a shitton of stuff to do that can keep you playing all day, everyday.

  14. #234
    I have no idea what were they thinking with adding the +3 corruption resistance each week.

    This won't prolong the game, people who wanted to do anything in this patch already have done it.
    Having nice logs? Yeah, who cares after like 10% of the playerbase will still be playing.
    Getting absurd numbers of OP corruptions? What's the point if 90% players already done what they wanted?

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Surely this is worse than 18 months of siege of orgrimmar.
    This

    No one is forcing you to play only WoW. Go try some other games.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    This

    No one is forcing you to play only WoW. Go try some other games.
    Ok compared to 18 months SoG, everything starts to shine.

    (yikes, i am so glad i never had to experience that crap)

    But honestly now, Bfa is a huge layer. Content free layer.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-03-30 at 09:36 AM.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    You and your fanboi friends will see. If Shadowlands comes out too soon its gonna be trash. Also BFA is the worst expansion.





    Ok and now you do that with every expansion and compare them. Legion was one of the better ones. You are welcome.
    I fully agree .. what the blizz absolutely must not do is to release an expansion not ready even if it means 10/12 months of 8.3 .. the patch 8.0 was a real disaster precisely because it was released early to satisfy the fanboys who they got tired of legion. I prefer to wait a little longer and play an expansion made and well thought out rather than playing an expansion half done as happened in BFA. Because BFA is nothing more than a half-done expansion.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

    I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    This happens every expansion. And if ur not enjoying urself that’s fine, there r plenty of other games u can go play until shadowlands. U don’t have to stay playing wow.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean it sounds to me like you're saying we should never criticize the game ever. We should play if we like and not play if we don't like. Is that right?
    Absolutely not what I'm saying. Although I kind of agree with your second point.

    Let's assume you're in a restaurant. You've been eating there for a few years and noticed that throughout the time the quality has dropped. Now, what do you do? Majority of people will just give up on the place. Some will tell the staff what (in their opinion) is wrong. But I know absolutely noone who would visit the restaurant everyday and go from table to table, making sure that every customer knows how they dislike the food.

    So what is the point of threads like this, besides having it as "my dear diary" or "I need to vent and my audience will be the people who give no fucks about what I say"? You are not giving the feedback to the source of the problem (and there's not that much being constructive in OPs post anyway). Instead, you go here to have people 1). agree with you cause they are stuck in the same situation of not being able to just go do something else, resulting on feeding on their negativity in addition to yours 2). disagree with you, to which you react emotionally because you are not able to take a break from a game you dislike, going into defense mode and reflecting anything that makes sense, calling people blizz fanboys which further gets you stuck in this negativity.

    Make no mistake - me, you, OP, we won't convince anyone against their opinions. If someone likes the game, they will keep liking it even after this post. If someone dislikes the game, they will keep disliking it even after this post. The only purpose of such threads is seeking confirmation in your negativity, and I noticed some people feel great pleasure doing that. As if they tried to gain new recruits into their "Hate Blizz" club. So while I'm not against healthy criticism, I'm against threads like this, because while the amount of people creating threads like this doesn't change, they keep being louder and louder, creating an illusion that the game is indeed a catastrophy. It's not.

    Be constructive. Be smart and educated about what you're complaining about. Actually create a field for discussion instead of an invitation to negativity circlejerk. Or else all that you look like is an addicted manchild who's not able to quit doing something that harms them.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Siege's and Hellfire Citadel's were way worse.
    I disagree. I stopped caring about 8.3 a month in. I did siege and hfc for A LOT longer.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •