Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Exactly that is the Problem. We had the patch, yet the drought has already started.
    I don’t think that’s true. I’ve full cleared M Nya’lotha, have some 21/22 keys timed, 1900 rating and I’m still finding things to do. I think BfA overall has been bad (imo) and the implementation of some 8.3 systems has been bad but there’s definitely shit to do. I usually just do 2 visions (A 5 and a 4) but there’s also m+, transmog farming, 8.3 mount farming or mount farming in general, etc. The only time I ever really felt a drought was wod, even the SOO drought was fine until the last few months due to timeless isle. I don’t think this drought will be too bad.

If you don’t enjoy any of that though then taking a break might be best? Can’t pretend to know what you want but if raiding/pvp/m+ doesn’t appeal to you then I imagine there usually isn’t much in the game for you to do, that’s the bread and butter.

It's not, but it might be. At this point you can convincingly say that the expansion is done. Cloak and the neck are both maxed out, barring meaningless post-mortem progression. Slow guild have hit their progression goals, even subpar players are doing +15s with relative ease. Sure, there are always exceptions and latecomers, but it's just life. Majority of players that played since the start of the patch are now hitting the "whelp, I guess we're done here" point.

But you have to be fair, there was relatively a lot to do, compared to previous expansions. Sure, you could say legion had the mage tower for tons of content, but I always found players grinding the appearances on their 10th+ alt a bit weird and disturbing... This time around you had somewhat novel invasions, and a rather nice idea in visions, on top of your, now expected, raid and m+ seasons. Yeah, the pacing was off, like the rank 3 essences were too late initially, but they've patched that out. Same with sockets from visions, most players get their first ones around now, when they don't really matter any more.

So overall we had decent amount of stuff to do, even if longevity for it is not there. The big issues is what now. We already had the delayed 8.3 due to holidays, and 8.2.5 was nothing to write home about, so that did not help. But will there even be 8.3.5? or 8.3.2, legion style? My guess is on no, but we'll see. The problem is SL release date. We have no information on it. Just a placeholder text promising it will be out before January first 2021.

Now, the most optimistic speculate on autumn release, as it was the season of choice for several expansions. I, personally, was rather sceptical on it, and in light of recent events, don't even consider it. But if it's true, we get a cosy and short end patch time of about 8 month. More realistically, we are looking for a release just before the next holiday season, or even right after it. Then we are back to the annoying year long wait. But considering we are now nearing the middle of spring with no new information on SL, not even a friends and family alpha, combined with a lackluster showing on blizzcon, the expansion might be even further away. Add the corona issues on top of that, and we could truly have the longest content drought on out hands.

So, all in all, it's just too early to say if this one is the longest, or the worst. It does not seem like it, but even in best case scenarios we're just about half way through it.

SoO had the worst by far. I have played all of BFA and have NEVER felt like I had nothing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    SoO had the worst by far. I have played all of BFA and have NEVER felt like I had nothing to do
    If you thought timeless isle was garbage (which it was) SoO patch ended the first time you killed garrosh. and then it lasted for an additional year.

And yeah, there was nothing worth doing on TI because 1) the gear was useless because lol, tier (azerite fixed this) and 2) was about lfr itemlevel (you get normal dif gear from HV/emissaries so, also fixed)

BUT HEY, /1 RARETIMER HUOLON AMIRITE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Let's ignore what if's and you invlude +15 carry runs? WoW.

Okay, let me break it down:
    Emissaries give 50 Echo each - that's 7 * 50 = 350 per week.
    If you only kill Thrall in the visison that gives 50 (if I remember correctly). You can do this 5 times your first week (you have that much currency after assaults and quests): 250 Echo.
    2 Minor assault give 75 each: 150 Echo.
    Major Assault gives 125.

This is already 875 echo for doing only the world content for the first week, almost 2 essences.
    HC warfront gives 75.

If you do a few +5 dungeons (15 essence per run) you have 2 rank3 essences plus whatever rank1 and 2 you unlocked on the way.

Let's assume you found a group for a +8 for your best weekly and also filled the conquest cap for that free 440 weapon.
    That means next week you will get 160 echo from the M+ chest and 175 from the pvp chest next week.
    With the increased gear you will be able to solo the 2 minor wings of the vision (+50 echo per run).

(lets assume you do 3 visions as that's how much currency you can receive for just assaults and no dailies and you do one +8 dungeon)
    That means on your second week you can get 160 + 175 + 350 + 2/75 + 125 + 3*100 + 24 = 1284 Echoes.
    And you havent done a single raid boss or more than one m+ yet for gearing and you already have 4 rank 3 essences.

Note, this is the bare minimum you can do and it takes very little time /played per day to achieve this.

I bet you could do more being 460 in a week. Where is the issue? No +15 carries were needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of all the reputation grinds Mechagon is probably the least time consuming one (right below Honorbound/7th legion).
    You can literally just do the one WQ they have daily and have it fairly fast.
    Again, I don't like assaults. Anything outside of m+, PvP and raiding is null to me. Besides, what you claim to not take that long, in reality takes much much longer than what you're underestimating. All of what you posted would still only apply to one alt. To jump through that many hoops over a system that'll be gone in less than 9 months is absurd. It's their game and they can do w/e they want, but retaining tedious grinds like this only hurts the game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Wasn't like that in Cata or late Wrath. In MOP once you got beyond the first tier you just had the legendary quest, same thing in WoD. Legion is where it started to get bad, and now it's out of control.
    I liked Wotlk but I was never a fan of rep grinds. Hated grinding hodir rep on my alts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

How can it be the worst drought when DS, SoO and HFC existed

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    How can it be the worst drought when DS, SoO and HFC existed
    icc was no joke either. tbc had sunwell dailies which were like 5 quests total that rotated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly that is the Problem. We had the patch, yet the drought has already started.
    Or could it be that the patch didn't provide that much content to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I liked Wotlk but I was never a fan of rep grinds. Hated grinding hodir rep on my alts.
    And see, that was okay - you didn’t have to as nothing serious (like flight) was locked behind it.

You had your shoulder enchants, but just finishing Storm Peaks unlocked the first tier at friendly. If you wanted to, you could hit exalted for 4 more Int on the enchant, nothing serious. And just to mention, on WotLK’s last patch you’re able to purchase rep tokens with emblems. Stuff like this on retail is a small chance, or takes 12-24 hours for a “follower mission” to get. Time played metrics rule retail and it’s disgusting.

Shareholders have become priority.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-03-30 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    And see, that was okay - you didn’t have to as nothing serious (like flight) was locked behind it.

You had your shoulder enchants, but just finishing Storm Peaks unlocked the first tier at friendly. If you wanted to, you could hit exalted for 4 more Int on the enchant, nothing serious. And just to mention, on WotLK’s last patch you’re able to purchase rep tokens with emblems. Stuff like this on retail is a small chance, or takes 12-24 hours for a “follower mission” to get. Time played metrics rule retail and it’s disgusting.

Shareholders have become priority.
    you do know that the timer on missions tick down when you're offline right? like they literally add no time to the time played cus you set them and log out.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It does minorly improve it for people who care about it. That patch also had garrison invasions, pretty sure, so this "selfie camera patch" meme is stupid anyway.
    Garrison invasions were like 6.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I don't wanna run out of things to do in WoW"

"Ok, we hear you players. Here, bounce this ball against a wall for 3 hours."

"OH MY GOODDD!!!!! THANK YOU SWEET BLIZZ! YOU ARE MESSIAH AND KING!"

And there's your retail.

No, WoD was worse as the raid was tripe.

SoO wasn't too bad until a few months before the release. Doing those bosses was actually fun, even when absolutely overgeared.

Never ending content would actually burn players out. Also gearing up your BiS and doing various side activities has always been the case in World of Warcraft. It boils down to the simple fact that people want to feel powerful in fantasy game, and there is no need to disrupt that with constant power resets.

There is a reason why it's not being released that often.

How long till shadow lands comes out? What if it’s another 18months lol

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Again, I don't like assaults. Anything outside of m+, PvP and raiding is null to me. Besides, what you claim to not take that long, in reality takes much much longer than what you're underestimating. All of what you posted would still only apply to one alt. To jump through that many hoops over a system that'll be gone in less than 9 months is absurd. It's their game and they can do w/e they want, but retaining tedious grinds like this only hurts the game.
    It does not matter a bit that you do not like assaults. They are there and there for a reason. It also only takes like 15 min per assault and you only need to do 3 in the entire week.

And I also said that this is the least you can do without doing actual hard content.
    If you do shitloads of M+ and clear the raid on the side (even on LFR) you will get much more echoes, with 460 ilvl you can easily solo a full no-mask vision for 150 echoes per run (and this is only the second week for you).

All those activities up there combined will take you like 4-5 hours of playtime on your alt PER WEEK. It's pretty acceptable.

How is a grind tedious when literally every activity you can do gives you echoes?
    Blood of the Enemy rank 3 is tedious.
    Nazjatar followers are tedious.
    This is a piss-easy.

I did the math for you not even calculating in your godlike gamer ways of getting 460 ilvl within the first week on an alt without resets even.
    If at this point all you can keep saying is "but I dont wanna play my alts to actually progress them, give me instant stuff" then this conversation is over and you can just keep whining until the end of the expansion.

Or you can stop whining here and do an assault in the time you write a response. Will get you much further.

At least I had fun playing my class back in MoP/WoD's drought.

HAHAHAHAHA

Okay there buddy. There is more to do in this game than there has ever been. Ever.

Being bored does not mean there is no new content... You're bored, and the content has been meh. Thats not the same thing as WoD or MoP, not to mention BC and Wrath when there was literally *nothing* in the game outside of raiding or dungeons.

The fact that this post got any attention at all literally gives me a headache.

So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    Luckily facts and science are not decided on peoples feelings. You are wrong. Its probably better if you just quit because this imaginary drought will turn into a real drought. Why put yourself through this fake pain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro