Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Double exp is pretty sweet too. But they would have gained more players from a month's free access to the game. Lots of people would have enjoyed the game that haven't played it before, and want to continue after the month.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Other games got some good promotions to hold player in game during this tough times.
    World of Tanks got very attractive 2 free weeks of premium account.
    BFA is terrible expansion and making players get back is quite important.
    I suggest give all inactive and active accounts one month of free play.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-27 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got an XP boost and transmog access to legion raids.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I get it, times are tough for some folks. But $15 is still just not very much money. I know most folks live paycheck to paycheck, but that also means you shouldn't be spending money you don't have on a video game.
    Sure, I dont disagree, but you're working as a waiter, you're on your ass right now, cant afford to game, cant go outside, cant do shit, I feel for em. Does that mean I think Blizz owes people a free month, fuck no, anything given out in this time is charity and no one is obliged to give out charity.
    But I feel for those who are broke, jobless and cant afford any of their escapes atm.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Because the most they can get out of a player is a single subscription before they are bored with BFA.

If they gift you 30 days and you see that its boring after barely 2 weeks... how they get your money?

With this double exp into april deal they entice players into trying out BFA while still paying for a full subscription.

You're not entitled to anything just because the world is in a media driven hysteria.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Why would be the benefit for Blizz?? You sound like one of those guys who think that free stuff is normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Record number of Americans file for unemployment

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52050426
    That's terrible, but how does that make any difference in the fact you want a free month to play a game you clearly hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Phone bill 15,net bill is 15, electric company 150, water... gas... food.. no job cuz of the corona, and there are many other bills as well. The last thing i want to do is even spend a 1$ for a game while i already own 1500 other games (half of them were on sale or free on steam/epic) They can at least be polite and do what everyone else is doing. A free week or free month.

Add on top of that the "amazing" paychecks here, and how that 15$ is like 15% of the salary of a doctor and you will begin to understand a few things about life and gaming in different countries.

Sure, if i made 5000 $ in America or Germany/England, i wouldn't mind spending even 50$ on WoW. Heck, my friend in the US buys Starbucks coffee that costs like 5-10$ a cup LOL. I spend 0.30$ for a coffee here. Think about it. Not to mention how he often gets more than 1.. so thats like 20-30$ for coffee alone wtf. Life in America is so alien to me, i swear.
    And its Activision's fault you are in the situation you are?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This virus is an absolute joke.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

Giving a free month is terrible business practice in this situation. Blizzard's marketing team already knows people are going to be bored out of their fucking minds and reactivating for $15. They sweeten the pie by adding this 100% xp bonus to get more people to resub. It worked. Its about to work on me and my buddy who are going to take the opportunity to level allied races to 120 despite not giving a shit about the actual game right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Activision needs money.

We get 1 month xp boost and trasmog loot from legion raids, better than guild wars 2 that all they gave me was some free brazier...

BFA is simply NOT WORTH $15 a month. For free I can spend some hours in WoW, but not rly much. WoT is much better game now.
    If that were how you felt, then you'd spend more time playing WoT and less time crying about WoW.

Or can you not handle when people enjoy something you dont enjoy, so you have to attempt to drag them down with you?

Other games got some good promotions to hold player in game during this tough times.
    BFA is terrible expansion and making players get back is quite important.
    I suggest give all inactive and active accounts one month of free play.

Better question.. why no 1 free year of wow because coronavirus? (I'm serious...)

Imagine trying to use a global pandemic just to expect free shit. This is the MMO version of Karen I guess?

If companies want to offer free stuff during this more power to them, but you expecting it is holy check your privilege at the door batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I can't go the bar atm.

I could sub my accounts for a few years with the money I'm saving.
    how much you drop a night at the bar high roller? lol

Once my tab hits $50 for the night for just me, I'm out. lol

"Muh entitlement"

Sorry but I have to agree here with "okay Karen"

LOL, you... you serious?
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    LOL, you... you serious?
    I think he is, that's the sad part.

I guess he's just hoping one day he opens MMO-C and is greeted by a post from J Allen Brack that reads, "Well, World of Tanks did it so we gotta do better. Two months of free game time for everybody, unlimited Corrupted gear from a vendor that uses VP as a currency and an "I win" button for PvP that instantly kills anybody who you don't like."

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    how much you drop a night at the bar high roller? lol

Once my tab hits $50 for the night for just me, I'm out. lol
    pretty much the same, but once per every week.