Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    no way there will be a "start at 58" option

precious, valuable gametime going to waste
    Well, the poll includes that option......so.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I was simply rebuffing what you said. Quoting doesn't always mean you disagree with somebody. :P
    But this is the mmo-c war-zone where a quote is a declaration of war. Just this week i watched 2 guys go head to head for over 3 pages - saying the same thing - they actually completely agreed with each other, but were so caught up in the battle they didnt notice.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But this is the mmo-c war-zone where a quote is a declaration of war. Just this week i watched 2 guys go head to head for over 3 pages - saying the same thing - they actually completely agreed with each other, but were so caught up in the battle they didnt notice.
    I... uh, resemble that remark. >_>;

Blizz could just offer all of this:

- Make BC servers where all people start fresh at 58. No transfers allowed. Quick start mode without copying economy from a source server.

- Make BC servers where all people start fresh at 1. No transfers allowed. Full levelling experience for all those who were waiting for classic BC and thus skipped vanilla. Fresh economy.

- Don't touch vanilla servers at all. Just no need to annoy people that want to stay in vanilla since there is the below option available for those who want to progress:

- Make transfer-servers where everybody comes from a vanilla server and keeps their level and wealth.

- And additionally: All transfers should be copies, not moves.

I played a lot on EverQuest TLP servers and have experienced first hand that lots of people jump fresh servers and want to roll from scratch. Doesn't entirely compare that well to WoW, but having options is always good (for those that are not handicapped in making decisions - no offense.)

Stay safe!

Edit:
    I actually mean all of this. Each option should be available to the players at the same time so they can pick individually which path they take.
    Last edited by Corydon; 2020-03-29 at 07:02 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Blizz could just offer all of this:

- Make BC servers where all people start fresh at 58. No transfers allowed. Quick start mode without copying economy from a source server.

- Make BC servers where all people start fresh at 1. No transfers allowed. Full levelling experience for all those who were waiting for classic BC and thus skipped vanilla. Fresh economy.

- Don't touch vanilla servers at all. Just no need to annoy people that want to stay in vanilla since there is the below option available for those who want to progress:

- Make transfer-servers where everybody comes from a vanilla server and keeps their level and wealth.

- And additionally: All transfers should be copies, not moves.

I played a lot on EverQuest TLP servers and have experienced first hand that lots of people jump fresh servers and want to roll from scratch. Doesn't entirely compare that well to WoW, but having options is always good (for those that are not handicapped in making decisions - no offense.)

Stay safe!

Edit:
    I actually mean all of this. Each option should be available to the players at the same time so they can pick individually which path they take.
    That sounds like a recipe for dead servers. 4 server types, 4 BC flavors, and then you need to split them up by language and/or time zone too. Plus you're gonna have people staying on Vanilla as well to further dilute things.

I highly doubt Blizz does anything other than pick one option. And that option is still probably just to keep it as close to authentic as possible. You can transfer in from Classic, or you can reroll from 1.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

I honestly feel like copying the entire class server base and just making them XXXX-BC would be the best choice. Then you can take your same character and play Classic and TBC or Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That sounds like a recipe for dead servers. 4 server types, 4 BC flavors, and then you need to split them up by language and/or time zone too. Plus you're gonna have people staying on Vanilla as well to further dilute things.

I highly doubt Blizz does anything other than pick one option. And that option is still probably just to keep it as close to authentic as possible. You can transfer in from Classic, or you can reroll from 1.

If they do it right it's not a recipe for dead servers. E.g. you do not have to have a tranfer-to BC server for every vanilla server out there.

I'm getting kinda hyped up for TBC.

I remember when the pre-patch introduced the level 70 mobs around Karazhan entrance, and we formed a big group to try and kill one for no reason. Everyone was amazed when some of them dropped Netherweave cloth, that had no use at the time lol. But it was the first new cloth!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Wrong exp nerf happen in ZA patch which will take minimum of 1y to relase enyoj your waiting.
    Unless they launch the game in patch 2.4 which, considering Classic, they’re likely to.

Also your original claim was that they didn’t touch 1-60 at all, you’ve just admitted you’re wrong.

I skipped classic cause its the worst version of WoW, but i'm definitely in for TBC & Wrath. I want the start at 58 option.

I don't see why people have a problem with this? Why should we all start at level 1? Its just a time waste. 58 is fine enough to grind up to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    I skipped classic cause its the worst version of WoW, but i'm definitely in for TBC & Wrath. I want the start at 58 option.

I don't see why people have a problem with this? Why should we all start at level 1? Its just a time waste. 58 is fine enough to grind up to 70.
    Classic is significantly better than any expansion after Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I... uh, resemble that remark. >_>;
    Sorry my dude, I Saw it too. It might have been you.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Classic is significantly better than any expansion after Wrath.
    I will respectfully Disagree.

I played Vanilla back when I was in Uni in 2005 when it launched here in the UK. Loved it back then, but wouldn't love it right now its far too grindy. And most of the quality of life improvements came with Wrath which i think is the Best version of WoW. Yep its the most casual version and peaked the highest sub numbers of any MMO by far go figure!

Maybe because fun is more important to most gamers? Who knows...

I played Vanilla back when I was in Uni in 2005 when it launched here in the UK. Loved it back then, but wouldn't love it right now its far too grindy. And most of the quality of life improvements came with Wrath which i think is the Best version of WoW. Yep its the most casual version and peaked the highest sub numbers of any MMO by far go figure!

I liked TBC and I liked Wrath.

The “quality of life” improvements are what destroyed the game. Wrath had the most subs, but those subs were built up in classic and TBC. Wrath was pretty flat, very little sub growth.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that during wrath and especially in Cata the game transitioned from being an MMO to being a multiplayer action RPG. On net, I still think wrath was wonderful and I hope I get to play it again, but it is where the problems started.

Far too many difficulty levels, leveling as a chore before getting to the “real game”, balancing PvP entirely around arena, etc. are all things that were fine as part of wrath but became issues as they got doubled down on as more expansions came.

Don't really have any interest in going back to TBC, but happy for those who do. I'll stick with classic.

Was hoping for Classic+ but guess they ain't gonna dedicate that much resources or risk to Classic. I cleared TBC first time round, and whilst it was fun I don't really want to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I hope it's a "start from level 1" for everyone.
    People wanting to play shaman on Alliance/paladin on Horde shouldn't get left in the dust by everyone else. And that would make less of a clusterfuck in Hellfire Peninsula.

But the most important point is which patch they will use for content. Hope they don't wreck TBC by using 2.4 nerfed one.
    Alright WOD baby, let me explain something to your entitled "Mommy get me hot pockets" self. When TBC Came out... in 2007.... EVERYONE who wanted to play shaman and paladin, STARTED at 1, AND EVERYONE ELSE...walked through that helfire portal together. That's right. Blizzard didn't cater to the boo hoo babies and the Akka's of the world.
    SO if a TBC server is remade, you can do what everyone else had to do.. 13 years ago big boy, you're a big boy now!!!

This makes me sad because it means it's further away than I hoped.

Considering LFR didn't come out until Cata, i'm curious how wotlk is "Most casual version" of the game. LFG wasn't introduced until late in the expansion.

Fun is a point of view, unless you're one of those people who only think "Fun" is what they consider "fun and the game should be built in that image.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This makes me sad because it means it's further away than I hoped.
    Define "further away".
    The survey is primarily concerned with the implementation, that's indicative that Blizzard is already working on the content itself.

I really think that Blizzard tries to get TBC servers ready asap, that they can launch it once they see a content drought on the horizon (=post P6 / SL release).

Copy/paste is the best formula. Too many wouldn't like starting a fresh toon no matter i58, including me.

Instant 58's would have to come with almost leveled professions and somehow you get an epic mount at 60 for really reduced cost or free. From experience the i58 is not the bet option going into Outlands.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The hell else do you want to do in it? Grind netherwing rep again? BC never really hit my top expansions.

In fact I rescind my asking for Timewalking Karazhan specifically because, digging through those dusty memories, I remember raiding Karazhan for literally 3/4 of the expansion. Grinding a lot of gear tokens. A really obnoxiously long attunement questchain for said Karazhan...

Yeah, cut what I said about Karazhan. Been there, done that plenty. Even if it is a good raid.
    Why are you playing dumb? You really want me to answer what else is there to do in TBC besides questing?