Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Just duplicate the servers, give them a new name and open them 1 week before tbc release, that's it.

Nobody lose their guild, character names, etc.

You get 3 games for 1 sub. Best deal in the gaming world.
    this /thread

Would be interesting if everyone had to start over at level 1 on a fresh server, but then I fear that way to many people will roll blood elf where the imbalance will be even worse than retail TBC. I really hope they don’t do away Classic servers or we are back having to sign another petition.

I’m really looking forward to play, makes me hope that we see a possible WotLK aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    this /thread
    probably cuz it cost llike nothing for them to open up classic servers but the return is huge

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Would be interesting if everyone had to start over at level 1 on a fresh server, but then I fear that way to many people will roll blood elf where the imbalance will be even worse than retail TBC. I really hope they don’t do away Classic servers or we are back having to sign another petition.

I’m really looking forward to play, makes me hope that we see a possible WotLK aswell.
    I honestly wouldn't mind a few minor "changes" like seal of blood being available to alliance (Seal of the Martyr) paladins just to prevent 99-1 faction imbalance because everyone is a super min-maxer nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind a few minor "changes" like seal of blood being available to alliance (Seal of the Martyr) paladins just to prevent 99-1 faction imbalance because everyone is a super min-maxer nowadays.
    no way thats happening lol, no changes crowd

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Good luck with anyone following "Please keep this confidential rule". Did that with the level squish survey and that got thrown onto the internet within a matter of minutes.
    There's no binding contract. The people in this thread claiming there's a NDA are exceptionally hilarious. The reason it's there is so Blizzard has plausible deniability about the course of their actions moving forward. ("What survey? We didn't authorize anybody to talk about a survey!")

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    no way thats happening lol, no changes crowd
    We're already past no changes though. Seems every patch Blizzards puts new changes from Vanilla in.

Thing is seal of blood is such a huge faction imbalance, on private servers that don't address this issue there simply aren't two factions. All PVE players go Horde because of the better racials, and the pvp players do too. Only RP players end up as Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    We're already past no changes though. Seems every patch Blizzards puts new changes from Vanilla in.

Thing is seal of blood is such a huge faction imbalance, on private servers that don't address this issue there simply aren't two factions. All PVE players go Horde because of the better racials, and the pvp players do too. Only RP players end up as Alliance.
    but if they were to change it it would be untrue to tbc regardless if its unfair or not, and i think they want to avoid tht as much as possible, the changes in classic now is not the same levle of change this would be

I would be ok to copy the character but with a gold cap.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't do it "Start at 58." If you want to jump right into BC just let us copy our Vanilla character over and do it that way. Don't skip the old content entirely, that was always the motto of pre-Cata WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

everyone is saying copy but the options that they gave us is TRANSFER not copy, and i think there is a reason theyre not saying copy cuz that seems to be the msot logical and no way they havnt thought about it so there has to be a reason why they arnt doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    i bloody hell hope they make it a "start at 58" experience
    This would be fantastic. and I fully agree this is how it should work.

I am Not Sure If this survey has more Intention of blizz to Check If ppl are willing to Accept paid Services in classic and If they would use them.

but if they were to change it it would be untrue to tbc regardless if its unfair or not, and i think they want to avoid tht as much as possible, the changes in classic now is not the same levle of change this would be
    If every server is single faction that's also untrue to TBC AND it would greatly hamper the playable experience.

Besides everything about Classic is untrue as we're playing an anachronistic patch.

the sin'dorei reign supreme!!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    everyone is saying copy but the options that they gave us is TRANSFER not copy, and i think there is a reason theyre not saying copy cuz that seems to be the msot logical and no way they havnt thought about it so there has to be a reason why they arnt doing that.
    Transfer, Copy, either way that's the way they should do it. That's the truest experience to how it was originally. If you had a Vanilla character you could start at 60 right away, or if you wanted to roll the new races you could roll them.

None of this "everyone starts at 58" crap.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wouldn’t mind start at 1 if they did it in a way where they released fresh vanilla servers 6 months early that were the dedicated “tbc” servers.

Rather than start at 1 with tbc already opened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Received an Email (legit), questions were about the transition to a new server or a server transitioning to TBC model as well as keeping or transferring guilds. Nothing on content (changes) more like binary logistic changes/decisions so to speak.
    Copy and paste, not cut and paste characters.

Guilds need to be rebuilt on a new server/game with GBANK copy and paste.

There’s absolutely no sense in just starting the whole shebang on a 12 year delay. Leave expansions intact if you’re going to start doing this.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Considering their last shareholder call said half of current WoW subscriptions were playing classic exclusively its kind of a no brainer isn't it?
    Is this true?

Because i spent 5 pages in another thread trying to prove that by simple logic...and people pretty much ganged up on me and tried to put me down.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Considering their last shareholder call said half of current WoW subscriptions were playing classic exclusively its kind of a no brainer isn't it?
    In the video game world, the money they made just in the first month of Classic, merited TBC. I think we knew TBC was a given on day one.