Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    they ask u not to gotta folow the ruleS

BUt it is legit i got it too

crap did i break the rule by posting this?
    Wow, what bullshit. Not your post or the legitimacy, but the practice.On the other hand, the fans can be rabid dogs of doom and despair if they just get a 'maybe'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Keep dreaming, that'll never happen. The furthest I see blizzard going with their classic train is Wotlk.
    They said 'maybe' about classic. They've been deceptive before. They're just pandering because they can't think of new things anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thank god. Managed to get to 40 in Classic recently before I burnt out and had to stop. TBC has a much more motivating endgame and a less taxing 1-60 experience.

Imo a one-time level 58 boost with professions would be the ideal solution.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They also specified in the fucking email, that this was to be an NDA and to not talk about it. Dipshit.
    To be fair, that's not how NDAs work. You can't just be told "you're under NDA now".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    Pic or never happened
    It's literally on reddit both on r/ClassicWoW and r/WoW, trying to be the typical mmo-c user that discredits everything bc "I'm a real life Brian Griffin" stopped being funny since 2009

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    Pic or never happened
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...assic_burning/

Formerly known as Arafal

Judginh by this it looks like it's most likely going to be Burning Crusade next for Classic, (I obviously don't know for sure but it's all pointing towards it). Hopefully this will make the Classic + BS to die down now.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Why would anyone want copies or premade characters over server duplication? You can still open fresh realms for those who want.

It requires 0 action from the users(no mess up), everyone keep their characters, guilds, names and friendlist when they log on to BC.
    Your characters are still on the classic vanilla servers if you want to play them afterward.

For me, I would not be happy to lose my characters names and the connections I made with other players.
    Last edited by Reman; 2020-03-28 at 10:59 AM.

I'd say any option that disconnects us from our existing vanilla characters would be a miss-step. One of the key bits people have is who "they are" in game (and who their friends are). The only real reason to keep the "no you start AGAIN" option is to distract some from moving as they're attached to people/characters. If they want to keep classic (no-expansions) super, super viable that might be a way to stem the tide a little. I'd forsee a lot move on to TBC, some want to play forever classic but stuck on dead(er) realms that would need some free moves to build up a decent server community again for those that want to stay in classic forever.

I'd... think the copy and from level 1 at least as an option would be a thing. The lvl 58 thing would be rather interesting (to say the least).

If they're asking, I'd love some thought into mechanics that genuinely helped being back-ported to tbc (mostly dual spec). Having a larger collection of viable group setups rather than (nearly) every group scratching around for tanks/healers would help the game immensely. Not everyone wants to be stuck with a 1 trick pony or a character that isn't min/maxed for a particular role (that.. IS a choice thing but... cake and eat it would be great tbh).

Other stuff like summoning stones.... MAYBE (well, would be in if we're on #nochanges).

LFG/LFR - fuck no, never. Not ever. Please. This was the one thing that set us on the path to a hopelessly toxic community.
    Faceless grouping should NOT happen.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2020-03-28 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I think the server should have all 3 options tbh: vanilla character copy, start at 58, and start at 1.
    This. There really is no other way around it. The community is gonna be split between multiple realms anyway, why not group them up by type?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not having SSC/TK available from the start would be a fine change
    I would definitely agree with Hyjal not being in the game at start (unless they do it like back in 2007, when you basically needed to do TK/SSC 25 times to get a full raid attuned for MH), but SSC/TK need to be in the game from start IMO.

The worst part of PvE progression in TBC is the 10/25 cliff in T4. Since Gruul and Maggy alone don't cover the entirety of T4 gear, you constantly have to juggle between 2-3 Kara raids and 1 Gruul/Maggy raids, with 5 players to spare. I honestly don't want to have to do so for longer than a few weeks. If TK/SSC are in the game, on the other hand, you can stabilize a 25m core around T5 raids and not make people feel TOO bad about being left out of the odd Kara raid (or ask them to pug it or something).

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I'd say any option that disconnects us from our existing vanilla characters would be a miss-step. One of the key bits people have is who "they are" in game (and who their friends are). The only real reason to keep the "no you start AGAIN" option is to distract some from moving as they're attached to people/characters. If they want to keep classic (no-expansions) super, super viable that might be a way to stem the tide a little. I'd forsee a lot move on to TBC, some want to play forever classic but stuck on dead(er) realms that would need some free moves to build up a decent server community again for those that want to stay in classic forever.

I'd... think the copy and from level 1 at least as an option would be a thing. The lvl 58 thing would be rather interesting (to say the least).

If they're asking, I'd love some thought into mechanics that genuinely helped being back-ported to tbc (mostly dual spec). Having a larger collection of viable group setups rather than (nearly) every group scratching around for tanks/healers would help the game immensely. Not everyone wants to be stuck with a 1 trick pony or a character that isn't min/maxed for a particular role (that.. IS a choice thing but... cake and eat it would be great tbh).

Other stuff like summoning stones.... MAYBE (well, would be in if we're on #nochanges).

LFG/LFR - fuck no.
    If you want to retain the connections you've made in game without having to deal with the issues of dead/dying realms, the easiest solution would be to just upgrade everything.

Adding new TBC-only servers and allowing people to character copy onto them will create lopsided faction imbalances and generally unfavorable results for people. It also will inevitably leave some Classic realms to die off. I know forced TBC isn't the most favored solution here on this forum but I just think given the Pros and Cons of the other scenarios it represents an option which retains as much of the Classic community as possible without invariably creating difficult situations for what remains of the Classic-only crowd once Blizzard moves forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    they ask u not to gotta folow the ruleS

BUt it is legit i got it too

crap did i break the rule by posting this?
    Its funny taht they thought those six lines would actually work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tweaking raids to be harder would be a welcome change after having played classic since it launched. Yet to see anything that can be called challenging and I hope they exclude some of the raid nerfs that happen during the TBC life span.

Also hope I can just copy my current classic characters on to a TBC server and continue the journey.

Maybe open two server types. Char copy and fresh start.

Think that the only way I'd be interested is if they had a new server where everyone started fresh at 58, that would be a ton of fun and I'd totally be down to play it. Definitely would have no interest in doing 1-70 though, which is what I expect them to end up doing, so I'll likely be skipping this like I did with classic. Which is a shame, because TBC arenas were some of the most fun in the game, but still not worth the insanely boring and tedious grind of leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Received an Email (legit), questions were about the transition to a new server or a server transitioning to TBC model as well as keeping or transferring guilds. Nothing on content (changes) more like binary logistic changes/decisions so to speak.
    Another person caught out to phishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Think that the only way I'd be interested is if they had a new server where everyone started fresh at 58, that would be a ton of fun and I'd totally be down to play it. Definitely would have no interest in doing 1-70 though, which is what I expect them to end up doing, so I'll likely be skipping this like I did with classic. Which is a shame, because TBC arenas were some of the most fun in the game, but still not worth the insanely boring and tedious grind of leveling up.
    It wouldn't be as bad as you imagine. If we get the revamped levelling experience as per 2.3 (with more quests, more experience per quest, less exp required to level up, and blue items with great stats dropping from EVERY dungeon boss - even RFC/Stockades), you'll be done with pre-BC levelling in 3 days tops, and you can actually run dungeons much more easily (and for much bigger rewards) than you can right now in Classic.

First of all I think that people should be able to keep the characters they invested so much time to. That means a copy or in the same server just open the portal.

The copy should include of course quest completed in azeroth and all but with a gold cap. We cannot have people with hundreds of thousands dominating from start any market. Professions in tbc played a huge part at start. It is not matter of being unfair or something, since the ppl gained their gold somehow. It is a matter of balance in a game that is "solved" and people knew the way to amass such amounts. You will also see people buying their attunement, buying their bis or tier pieces. Tbc required effort. And there will be people from start that could bypass this effort with gold. Let these ppl spend time to do this again and not from day 1 at 70.

By the way, releasing this so early into classic it will hurt it. People will have less will to finish the content since "tbc is around the corner" as happened to retail back then. People will start from now to level horde characters since they are better in tbc. People might easier take a hiatus till tbc and population will drop.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Good luck with anyone following "Please keep this confidential rule". Did that with the level squish survey and that got thrown onto the internet within a matter of minutes.
    You mean that phishing attempt with the poorly translated chinese to english wording. Yeah, we all had a good laugh at that official email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep Classic servers. Let people copy their classic chars to BC (while retaining the original char). Copied chars should have their gold and materials limited. Keep everything that is soulbound and max 1000g, everything else will be lost after copy. New chars rolled on the BC realm could choose starting from lvl1 or lvl58 with green gear. This should be pretty acceptable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    If they are legitimately asking if it should start at lvl 1 or transition and effectively remove Vanilla, I would be surprised lol. Clearly they should let you copy your char once over on a new set of realms
    Clearly it's not that clear since they are doing a survey about it.

Personally I would prefer to just see the current Classic servers transition to BC, like it happened in Vanilla as well. I don't see any reason I would keep playing Classic after BC is re-released.

#nochanges