Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious.

I can see it now, 15 years later, Blizzard announcing the classic release of Battle For Azeroth . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Well since it was a survey to see people’s reactions on a level squish and the fact their doing it in SL doubt it was a phishing email
    The company being used, Qualtrics, has been used for a number of official Blizzard surveys in the past. This is not a phishing attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The company being used, Qualtrics, has been used for a number of official Blizzard surveys in the past. This is not a phishing attempt.
    Quoted the wrong person.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Considering their last shareholder call said half of current WoW subscriptions were playing classic exclusively its kind of a no brainer isn't it?
    source

/10

Quoted the wrong person.
    The guy you quoted implied the leveling squish survey was a phishing attempt. It later came to fruition (because the survey actually came from Blizzard). The same exact company used for that survey is being used for this survey. On top of that, Blizzard has confirmed other surveys by this same company are legitimate. It's generally a good idea to be skeptical of things like this but given what we know about how Blizzard conducts surveys anybody who thinks this is a phishing attempt is very, very wrong.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Hilarious.

I can see it now, 15 years later, Blizzard announcing the classic release of Battle For Azeroth . . .
    No one will ever miss BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    TBC 1-60 is exact same as in vannila Blizz didnt touched it at all.
    Wrong. Dustwallow was revamped, some smaller questlines were added around the old zones including one in Thousand Needles that's pretty relevant to Blood Elf lore. That's before mentioning Class Quests.

There's also the zones in Quel'thalas and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst which make some of those earlier levels more varied and tolerable. Plus the flat exp nerf they brought out in 2.3 (Which I presume will be in on day one since they're likely to base it off patch 2.4).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wrong. Dustwallow was revamped, some smaller questlines were added around the old zones including one in Thousand Needles that's pretty relevant to Blood Elf lore. That's before mentioning Class Quests.

There's also the zones in Quel'thalas and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst which make some of those earlier levels more varied and tolerable. Plus the flat exp nerf they brought out in 2.3 (Which I presume will be in on day one since they're likely to base it off patch 2.4).
    You also can leave at 58.

The guy you quoted implied the leveling squish survey was a phishing attempt. It later came to fruition (because the survey actually came from Blizzard). The same exact company used for that survey is being used for this survey. On top of that, Blizzard has confirmed other surveys by this same company are legitimate. It's generally a good idea to be skeptical of things like this but given what we know about how Blizzard conducts surveys anybody who thinks this is a phishing attempt is very, very wrong.
    I know that. What you should have done was quote munkeyinorbit not I since he didn't believe it was an official survey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This idea is way way way too big of a fuck you to people who leveled. You would literally have people who leveled manually and are in worse shape than someone who just clicked Create 58.
    That's a very emotional response that I don't think holds much water. Those people were there to play classic, not TBC, and they still have a massive advantage over people starting classic today. There's a lot of people who want to play TBC and aren't interested in classic or having to go back and do classic content again. I think high level premades and restricted character copies are the best way to get the most people playing. In my case, I have a 60 warlock, but I want to be a Blood Elf in TBC. I don't want to relevel a warlock 1-70 at launch and miss the early days of 60-70 because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    That's a very emotional response that I don't think holds much water. Those people were there to play classic, not TBC, and they still have a massive advantage over people starting classic today. There's a lot of people who want to play TBC and aren't interested in classic or having to go back and do classic content again. I think high level premades and restricted character copies are the best way to get the most people playing. In my case, I have a 60 warlock, but I want to be a Blood Elf in TBC. I don't want to relevel a warlock 1-70 at launch and miss the early days of 60-70 because of that.
    Wonder if they'd consider doing a free race and possibly even faction change at launch when copying a character over. It's highly unlikely, but it's not like Blizz has an precedent for any of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Wrong exp nerf happen in ZA patch which will take minimum of 1y to relase enyoj your waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    “I don’t want to play TBC as it was! I want to skip things!” is a far more emotional response.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Hilarious.

I hope not but you never know. Gotta milk the nostalgia train!

no way there will be a "start at 58" option

precious, valuable gametime going to waste

I know that. What you should have done was quote munkeyinorbit not I since he didn't believe it was an official survey.
    I was simply rebuffing what you said. Quoting doesn't always mean you disagree with somebody. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    no way there will be a "start at 58" option

precious, valuable gametime going to waste
    Well, the poll includes that option......so.......

- - - Updated - - -

I was simply rebuffing what you said. Quoting doesn't always mean you disagree with somebody. :P
    But this is the mmo-c war-zone where a quote is a declaration of war. Just this week i watched 2 guys go head to head for over 3 pages - saying the same thing - they actually completely agreed with each other, but were so caught up in the battle they didnt notice.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But this is the mmo-c war-zone where a quote is a declaration of war. Just this week i watched 2 guys go head to head for over 3 pages - saying the same thing - they actually completely agreed with each other, but were so caught up in the battle they didnt notice.
    I... uh, resemble that remark. >_>;

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Blizz could just offer all of this:

- Make BC servers where all people start fresh at 58. No transfers allowed. Quick start mode without copying economy from a source server.

- Make BC servers where all people start fresh at 1. No transfers allowed. Full levelling experience for all those who were waiting for classic BC and thus skipped vanilla. Fresh economy.

- Don't touch vanilla servers at all. Just no need to annoy people that want to stay in vanilla since there is the below option available for those who want to progress:

- Make transfer-servers where everybody comes from a vanilla server and keeps their level and wealth.

- And additionally: All transfers should be copies, not moves.

I played a lot on EverQuest TLP servers and have experienced first hand that lots of people jump fresh servers and want to roll from scratch. Doesn't entirely compare that well to WoW, but having options is always good (for those that are not handicapped in making decisions - no offense.)

Stay safe!

Edit:
    I actually mean all of this. Each option should be available to the players at the same time so they can pick individually which path they take.
    That sounds like a recipe for dead servers. 4 server types, 4 BC flavors, and then you need to split them up by language and/or time zone too. Plus you're gonna have people staying on Vanilla as well to further dilute things.

I highly doubt Blizz does anything other than pick one option. And that option is still probably just to keep it as close to authentic as possible. You can transfer in from Classic, or you can reroll from 1.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting kinda hyped up for TBC.

I remember when the pre-patch introduced the level 70 mobs around Karazhan entrance, and we formed a big group to try and kill one for no reason. Everyone was amazed when some of them dropped Netherweave cloth, that had no use at the time lol. But it was the first new cloth!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!