Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Blizzard is sending out a survey regarding the interest in "classic" TBC

Received an Email (legit), questions were about the transition to a new server or a server transitioning to TBC model as well as keeping or transferring guilds. Nothing on content (changes) more like binary logistic changes/decisions so to speak.

Pic or never happened

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just got it to. One of the questions was how would you prefer TBC to happen, copy character to new server, start at 58, start 1 or copy your char to a vanilla server.

Oh, glad it's a (legit) email

i bloody hell hope they make it a "start at 58" experience

15+ Year Old Account
    i just got it too

I checked email after seeing this post

http: // prntscr.com/ro1paa
    Last edited by Dranetg; 2020-03-27 at 08:45 PM.

If they are legitimately asking if it should start at lvl 1 or transition and effectively remove Vanilla, I would be surprised lol. Clearly they should let you copy your char once over on a new set of realms

Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    Pic or never happened
    they ask u not to gotta folow the ruleS

BUt it is legit i got it too

crap did i break the rule by posting this?
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-03-27 at 08:58 PM.

Seems legit. Checked out the screenshots by @Dranetg and the survey is hosted by Qualtrics. Blizzard has used this company to send out similar surveys in the past.

Cool.

The 1 year wait begins
    Last edited by Dranetg; 2020-03-27 at 08:58 PM. Reason: bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dranetg View Post
    They are just seeing if people are interested. Giving the options of starting at level 1 or 58. Then giving options of keeping your current classic character on it's current realm, never progressing into TBC, but you'd have the option to transfer to a TBC server if you want, then the same option but having your current classic character stay on its current realm progressing into TBC
    Nice. These options aren't exactly new ideas but it's really interesting to see Blizzard asking their playerbase for legitimate feedback.

(Exhibit A in the case against "Blizzard never listens.")

Good to know they're starting to consider the future, but it's gonna be chaotic (some people rather stay vanilla, others want a port to TBC, others want a fresh start for TBC since they didnt want to play Classic, etc etc).

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Received an Email (legit), questions were about the transition to a new server or a server transitioning to TBC model as well as keeping or transferring guilds. Nothing on content (changes) more like binary logistic changes/decisions so to speak.
    They also specified in the fucking email, that this was to be an NDA and to not talk about it. Dipshit.

3+ Year Old Account
    Finally good news in 2020! Thank you Blizzard, can't wait for TBC Classic!

I hope it's a "start from level 1" for everyone.
    People wanting to play shaman on Alliance/paladin on Horde shouldn't get left in the dust by everyone else. And that would make less of a clusterfuck in Hellfire Peninsula.

But the most important point is which patch they will use for content. Hope they don't wreck TBC by using 2.4 nerfed one.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They also specified in the fucking email, that this was to be an NDA and to not talk about it. Dipshit.
    TIL e-mails can have NDAs. Who knew.

Considering their last shareholder call said half of current WoW subscriptions were playing classic exclusively its kind of a no brainer isn't it?

Got it as well