Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, do that survey now good luck getting your hacked accounts back suckers.

Even if it was legit no one would ever say "Please don't share this, or post on social media" right out of the blue. That's a big giveaway. You have no obligation at all, it's your email, it was sent to you. What they gonna do?

I'd rather see a TBC server than that Classic+ bullshit that was being spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Is that why all the private Vanilla servers were dead? Oh wait...
    Once they are through all the content for a long time yes they usually die or reset.

But more often than not they are shutdown before reaching that point

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Haha, do that survey now good luck getting your hacked accounts back suckers.

Even if it was legit no one would ever say "Please don't share this, or post on social media" right out of the blue. That's a big giveaway. You have no obligation at all, it's your email, it was sent to you. What they gonna do?
    Saving this one so you can't delete it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Saving this one so you can't delete it.
    So what, I said even it if was legit. They just proved they're the same shady company, no one ever puts this in their emails.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm sort of excited for this.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    TBH I'd like them to have some sort of "pre-patch" where I can level a Draenei Shaman before the Dark Portal opens, so I can be closer to on par with other players in regards to end game.
    I mean I am a slow leveler, I distinctly remember being lvl 65 on my Hunter and seeing lvl 60+ pallies running around UC and Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Maybe I phrased it wrong. I wasn't saying "what is there to do in BC?" so much as "What is there to do in BC for someone who already played that expansion?" What makes it worth replaying? What was actually fun enough that going back and repeating ourselves would still be fun?
    "playing it again" seems a pretty good reason, exactly like what happened with Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt get thaty survey and no one of my friends

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They also specified in the fucking email, that this was to be an NDA and to not talk about it. Dipshit.
    Please don't quote this post, let anyone know you read this post, or even quote any text you find on this entire site. Thank you.

OH SHIT, SON! YOU JUST GOT HIT BY AN NDA!!!

Because that's how NDAs work. Simple request = NDA!!! Yo' ass goin' to JAIL naow!

<cannot possibly roll his eyes harder at you people than he is right now>

Nostalrius alone had 130,000 active accounts.
    "Active accounts" simply means "accounts made on Nostalrius over the course of its existence". Peak numbers are much more reliable indicators, and they never went past 12-13k roughly.

If you think the majority of people won't move to TBC you're just being delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    "Active accounts" simply means "accounts made on Nostalrius over the course of its existence". Peak numbers are much more reliable indicators, and they never went past 12-13k roughly.

If you think the majority of people won't move to TBC you're just being delusional.
    No, those are ACTIVE ACCOUNTS. The number of accounts created in total was over 800,000.

- - - Updated - - -

And the TBC private servers never even came close. They were tiny and usually failures.

You are projecting your interests into other people. You may want to play TBC. I may want to play TBC. Not everyone does, and the notion that classic is going to have so many people leave that they will only need two servers is absurd.

TBC servers will probably be a big success, but to a much lesser degree than classic, and the influx will largely come from players who didn’t play classic because they were waiting for TBC.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

It's odd that they would separate servers like that. Why on earth would they actively try to split the player base? I'd say that all servers switch to BC and if somebody wants to keep their character(s) vanilla then they can get a free transfer to a vanilla only server, which I image will only be a couple servers like that.

I'm just playing classic with the anticipation of being able to move onto BC. Hopefully by end of 2021, but most likely early half of 2022.

No, those are ACTIVE ACCOUNTS. The number of accounts created in total was over 800,000.
    Source? I've read Nostalrius's post-mortem in full and nowhere it mentions this figure, nor it mentions what counts as an "active account". Heck, the idea that there are 130,000 unique accounts regularly playing, yet never more than 12-13 peaks, is kinda stupid in itself.

But even if we were to go by your own figure, Warmane alone had similar peak figures to Nostalrius for one of his WotLK servers, back in 2016. And that's just one WotLK server, the overall total sum of peak numbers for most WotLK server nowadays exceeds 80k according to pserver listing sites.

And the TBC private servers never even came close. They were tiny and usually failures.
    I already explained you why, not going to repeat myself if you can't care to read my posts.

You are projecting your interests into other people. You may want to play TBC. I may want to play TBC. Not everyone does, and the notion that classic is going to have so many people leave that they will only need two servers is absurd.
    I never said two servers will be enough. But if I were to make a prediction, I wouldn't expect the Classic population post TBC launch to be more than 25% of the TBC populace.

TBC servers will probably be a big success, but to a much lesser degree than classic, and the influx will largely come from players who didn’t play classic because they were waiting for TBC.
    I would expect smaller but still impressive launch numbers - above current Classic numbers, at least. I also would expect a lesser influx of tourists though, and much less bleeding over the first few months of play.

Regarding versions and instance difficulty too.... the issue they had with classic was that there wasn't an older version saved. Only 1.12 server binaries existed. From TBC onwards they have each official patchs server binaries separate so... they can do tbc EXACTLY how it originally came, no fudging/phases/etc needed (if that's what they WISH to do).

Personally, thinking further ahead to WotLK classic, I'd rather like them to do the same again. It rolls with the last patches balancing/class changes etc and content comes in phases. The DK will be a day 1 WotLK re-roll for me. DK's originally were in a weird state (blood was a dps spec, ice was the tanking spec etc). Personal wish-listing though
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

But why not allow the roll-over of Vanilla characters into TBC?