Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I wish party based RPGs would make a comeback

I miss hoping into these amazing creative worlds chock full of lore and memorable characters to fall in love with and being presented with choices that give me the illusion of controlling the direction of the story. Besides the ME trilogy I also enjoyed FFIX.

Dragon Age Inquisition was the last Bioware game I truly enjoyed. I didn't hate Andromeda but it didn't grab me like the others. Anthem was the abandonment of the Bioware's spirit.

I wish another company would rise to the challenge and give us creative new worlds, memorable characters, and unforgettable stories.

Why aren't you playing the Trails of Cold Steel series then? Come on down and meet Class VII!

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I wish another company would rise to the challenge and give us creative new worlds, memorable characters, and unforgettable stories.
    This is your chance to be the change you want to see in the world! Don the mantel of developer and bring forth these new worlds.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss hoping into these amazing creative worlds chock full of lore and memorable characters to fall in love with and being presented with choices that give me the illusion of controlling the direction of the story. Besides the ME trilogy I also enjoyed FFIX.

Dragon Age Inquisition was the last Bioware game I truly enjoyed. I didn't hate Andromeda but it didn't grab me like the others. Anthem was the abandonment of the Bioware's spirit.

Highly recommend Octopath Traveler.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This is your chance to be the change you want to see in the world! Don the mantel of developer and bring forth these new worlds.
    Most people aren't cut out to be game developers.

Persona 5 royal and ff7 remake come out soon...like

Trials of mana is around the corner,
    Bravely Default 2 was just announced
    Think youll be fine

I miss first-person dungeon crawlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    God i wish Wizardry and M&M made comeback one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Why aren't you playing the Trails of Cold Steel series then? Come on down and meet Class VII!
    I liked a lot of the aspects of the game. But man.. something about the love for high school simulators in JRPGs these days is kinda getting me ugh lately.

Dragon Quest XI exists too, party based RPGs haven't really gone anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the PS pass and it has the first two of the newer series on it, not really where I wanted to start it, but so far I'm liking what I see, though it looks a bit more complicated than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I liked a lot of the aspects of the game. But man.. something about the love for high school simulators in JRPGs these days is kinda getting me ugh lately.
    Only the first game is really high school, and even then only half of the game takes place in it. The other half JRPG adventuring. Half of CS3 takes place at a military academy (due to the events of CS2, the new academy is actually pretty militarized) and you're an instructor guiding the students. Again, the other half of CS3 is classic JRPG adventuring. CS2 and CS4 are JRPG adventures all the way through. Barely 1/4th of the saga takes place at school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I got the PS pass and it has the first two of the newer series on it, not really where I wanted to start it, but so far I'm liking what I see, though it looks a bit more complicated than I was expecting.
    Trails games can look pretty intimidating with all of the tutorial screens they front load, not to mention the sheer number of NPC conversations to keep up with. I know I was pretty intimidated when I first played CS1, but by the end of chapter 2 I had pretty much gotten the hang of it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-03-28 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Legend of Grimrock I and II

Trails games can look pretty intimidating with all of the tutorial screens they front load, not to mention the sheer number of NPC conversations to keep up with. I know I was pretty intimidated when I first played CS1, but by the end of chapter 2 I had pretty much gotten the hang of it.
    Yea, I'm going to stick with it as it's been awhile since I found a NEW jrpg series that's not DQ or FF

5+ Year Old Account
    Give Divinity: Original Sin 2 a whirl. It is one of the best party based RPGs out there IMHO. Loads of choices that affect the whole game and an amazing cast of companions with their own story lines.

10+ Year Old Account

Play Greedfall. Lower your expectations a bit as Spiders (the developer) doesn't have the budget of a Bioware/CDPR etc game, but it should be right up your alley if you're looking for a Dragon Age Origins-type of experience.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Give Divinity: Original Sin 2 a whirl. It is one of the best party based RPGs out there IMHO. Loads of choices that affect the whole game and an amazing cast of companions with their own story lines.
    The characters are utterly fascinating, brilliantly acted and well-written.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I feel you.

Sadly there are only asian games in that category left and they are mostly heavily tunnled Story wise...
    And i (personally) despise the artstyle. Cannot get any immersion at all from those Not very humanoid looking things.

But i have yet a bit of hope left for the next dragon age. Because if they miss that one or overmometize it bioware will be over...

Party based RPGs make a come back? They never went anywhere. How did I know who OP was before looking? Hell even if you wanted to exclude JRPGs things like DOS and Pillars say hi along with a slew of other CRPGs.

It doesn't have to be made by bioware to exist, and it's probably better off if it's not made by them... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Party based RPGs make a come back? They never went anywhere. How did I know who OP was before looking? Hell even if you wanted to exclude JRPGs things like DOS and Pillars say hi along with a slew of other CRPGs.

It doesn't have to be made by bioware to exist, and it's probably better off if it's not made by them... just saying.
    Oh come on, Anthem was ama..... no, no, i can't make that joke with a straight face.