Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Varian should be dead in the truest sense of the word, gone, lost, forever.

Because Gul'dan blew him up with Fel Magic, which destroys souls (and therefore the person).

Of course the Blizzard goon squad might retcon their own story yet again so who the fuck knows and who cares anyway.
    destroying a soul does not stop them from going to the afterlife.
    it stops them from haunting/visiting
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Varian should be dead in the truest sense of the word, gone, lost, forever.

Because Gul'dan blew him up with Fel Magic, which destroys souls (and therefore the person).

Of course the Blizzard goon squad might retcon their own story yet again so who the fuck knows and who cares anyway.
    Even Varian comes back in a quasi-ghost form to give encouraging words to Anduin (we're lead to believe that it's his spirit giving original words to Anduin somehow as opposed to just a memory). Cairne came back as a ghost to speak to Baine.

Death means relatively little in the Warcraft universe, removing the sense of drama and human turmoil that death is supposed to stimulate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Medivh died? Nah it's cool, he's back. Like 3 times.
    Arthas died? Nah it's cool, he'll probably be back in the Shadowlands.
    Uther died? Nah fuck it, he's almost become a side protagonist at this point with the number of appearances he's made in ghost form.
    Ysera dead? Nah she's probably alive somewhere in the dream, waiting to be revived.

Oh and by the way, in the next expansion you can basically go talk to all of them in heaven and earth.
    They're all there, just on the other side of some veil that you can easily shatter by breaking some item crafted in some Shadowlands forge.

Varian was an impactful death on me, especially the way he went out like a total fucking badass, but he's already been shown in ghost form towards the end of Legion and let me guess, Anduin will have a soulfull reunion with him in Shadowlands after the mages just open a portal from there to Azeroth.

"Can you open a portal so I can go talk to every one of my favorite characters that died plz? I'll gief you 10g thx"
    Because being a spirit is totally the same thing as having a living body am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Because being a spirit is totally the same thing as having a living body am I right?
    One of the issues is not whether or not they are back physically, but rather that we get some form of closure...with all of them.
    There can be no sadness and sense of loss when all these people are literally a spiritual phone call away.
    They've now canonically set the realm of death as a "physical" place. They're THERE. No they're not dead, they're just "behind the veil".
    For me it feels cheapening the deaths.

And as far as their power, well if we can't have that, at least we'll have their lessons.
    And if Terenas is any example, the fuckers can actually even act in the spiritual plane, in a more than meaningful way.

Fucking Vol'Jin was practically a main protagonist for the horde this expansion.
    Oh, and didn't say bye to Uther? You can talk to him all the time now, just visit his grave or some shit.
    Miss Kael'Thas? You'll see him soon.
    Have no idea what happened Arthas? don't worry, he'll probably be front and center at some point next expansion.
    Medivh passed away after coming to teach the world a last lesson? Nah he's still around and kicking, hinting that we'll see him again one day even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    One of the issues is not whether or not they are back physically, but rather that we get some form of closure...with all of them.
    There can be no sadness and sense of loss when all these people are literally a spiritual phone call away.
    They've now canonically set the realm of death as a "physical" place. They're THERE. No they're not dead, they're just "behind the veil".
    For me it feels cheapening the deaths.

And as far as their power, well if we can't have that, at least we'll have their lessons.
    And if Terenas is any example, the fuckers can actually even act in the spiritual plane, in a more than meaningful way.

Fucking Vol'Jin was practically a main protagonist for the horde this expansion.
    Oh, and didn't say bye to Uther? You can talk to him all the time now, just visit his grave or some shit.
    Miss Kael'Thas? You'll see him soon.
    Have no idea what happened Arthas? don't worry, he'll probably be front and center at some point next expansion.
    Medivh passed away after coming to teach the world a last lesson? Nah he's still around and kicking, hinting that we'll see him again one day even.
    You do realize there is a huge difference between talking/calling someone and actually doing stuff with them? You literally can't do any meaningful physical interactions...can't hug or kiss them...can't hold there hand...can't spar with them...ect ect

While yes you get to see them and talk but that is all...most meaningful interactions are gone.

For me it's the constant retcons/power creep that removed the emotional impact. Shadowlands is the last drop of water. Was anyone even interested in such a theme? Esotherical and spacial laser technologies were never the draw of Wacraft's lore but they somehow got the focus during the last 3 or 4 expansions.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

For me it had no impact anymore, after we had to kill Onyxia the 3rd time. The warcraft universe is buddhist, everyone and everything reincarnates.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    For me it's the constant retcons/power creep that removed the emotional impact. Shadowlands is the last drop of water. Was anyone even interested in such a theme? Esotherical and spacial laser technologies were never the draw of Wacraft's lore but they somehow got the focus during the last 3 or 4 expansions.
    I was interested in knowing more about the realm of death, but the way they've presented it so far, just sounds like a theme park where you can either go to hell or heaven to talk to all your old buddies. I wouldn't want to spend an entire expansion there either, maybe just a patch.

They got it all wrong, gave us Nyalotha as a patch, but shadowlands as expansion, when it was supposed to be the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    For me it had no impact anymore, after we had to kill Onyxia the 3rd time. The warcraft universe is buddhist, everyone and everything reincarnates.
    LMAO hahaha