Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,188
    This game will always have a combo of dark and light-hearted. And it will always remain PG13.

    Time people got over it. And no, nothing started or ended with the introduction of Pandaren, plenty of dark stories in Pandaria. Tauren and Draenei were in the game long before that, as were Gnomes, and Dwarves... And the Vulpera are fierce little scrappers.

    I'm well aware that people have selective memories and sometimes even outlooks on present facts, but jeez...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-29 at 02:23 AM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Half of the zones are more light based than shadowy
    Witchcraft in ardenweald
    Revendreth is...yeah
    Maldraxxus is death and skeletons
    Bastion is light but the story is....dark with a civilian getting goomba stomped

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    685
    well, the game its pretty dark, remember we went to Argus, homeworld of the demons, did you actually have seen the Urzul?, little Uunas body was part of one of the Urzuls. Shit went dark on Argus. But it wasnt so, how to say it.... EVIDENT because of the style of the game.

    Probably we wouldnt see like a 10 hells or the underworld as depicted by religions on Shadowlands, probably it would be more of a greyish Argus.

    The maw and revendreth.... those zones are the ones that i want to see, how "dark" they will be.


    Fuck even Drustvar, with all the Witches lore, burning pyres, witchcraft and dead... it isnt so "spoopy", go and play some Secret World, i tell you rn you will shit your pants in some fucking roller coaster questlines. Fuck that was stressfull.
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2020-03-29 at 02:53 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    If you actually look past the jokes, the cartoonish graphics and art, and the general silliness of the game; WoW is already extremely dark.

    You think about what's going on right now in real life, a minor plague that only kills 1% of the people it infects... And everyone thinks it's the end of the world.

    This type of plague is a part of normal life in WoW. Think of Naxxramas and all the horrors it contains, and that's but a sample.
    You're referring to an expansion that was ages ago. I agree that the Wrath expansion had some dark angles but it would be neat to see them go further. It's possible that the T rating is holding the game back but Warcaft 3 felt far grimmer than anything WoW has put out. Other T rated games of theirs like Starcraft and such also prove that they can push the envelope a bit.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because Vulpera are all sunshine and rainbows, what with their being enslaved by a race that eats them. Or Mechagnomes, who just had to fight a civil war to stop their leader from destroying the world.

    Or, you know, baby turtles requiring your help just to walk some 3 meters over a beach without getting killed.
    That was kinda my point, they miss the "Dark Shit", using op's phrase, because something else distracts them. As soon as those races became playable people just forgot that the Mechagnomes mutilate themselves to become Mecha and the whole thing with the King's Master Plan because "they are goofy" and that the Vulpera were both slaves and being executed by Alliance purge squads at one point because "they're furry bait". Plus my point still stands that people only remember that phrase the most from that WQ and not the Turtles literally being eaten alive in front of them.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You're referring to an expansion that was ages ago. I agree that the Wrath expansion had some dark angles but it would be neat to see them go further. It's possible that the T rating is holding the game back but Warcaft 3 felt far grimmer than anything WoW has put out. Other T rated games of theirs like Starcraft and such also prove that they can push the envelope a bit.
    What in WC3 was "grimmer" than anything in WoW?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    5,152
    Wow is pretty dark. Isn't Thaddius for example made out of butchered people who's souls are still trapped inside, crying for help?

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    not rly,look at witcher 3
    Played through every darn nook and cranny. It still isn't all dark.

  9. #49
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,066
    Hmm, let's see, was literal genocide not dark enough?

    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  10. #50
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Happy Pride
    Posts
    14,366
    Once you manage to look past the cartoony comedic packaging around the game, you'll realize that the game is already quite dark.
    LoveLove
    Is

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Hmm, let's see, was literal genocide not dark enough?
    Genocide of a race that didn't pose any threat to you aside from an imaginary one, on top of that.

    In order to make a thread like this following BfA, you either have just not been paying any attention, or your definition of "really dark shit" is pretty skewed.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Played through every darn nook and cranny. It still isn't all dark.
    yeah but you didnt say ALL,you said to much,dont you think witcher is mostly dark?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah but you didnt say ALL,you said to much,dont you think witcher is mostly dark?
    No, not really. Few if any of the issues you come across(including those that don't really affect Geralt, personally) are insurmountable. It's part of the story that Witchers are dying out because they're no longer needed, too.

    It doesn't pull any punches about showing the horrors of war, but it isn't exactly portraying situations as hopeless, either.

    The colour scheme can be dark, the story not necessarily, and often you are given the option of doing something about it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Hmm, let's see, was literal genocide not dark enough?

    It is very light. That glow makes my eyes even quite uncomfortable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What in WC3 was "grimmer" than anything in WoW?
    I wanted to say fall of Lordaeron but we saw entire kingdom being burned just recently. Warcraft 3 was very similar to what we have now.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  15. #55
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    32,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    They just introduced Vulpera. The days of anything immersive and dark in Warcraft is over.
    They said that about Pandaren, yet Mists of Pandaria holds some dark shit, so does other expansions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Wow is pretty dark. Isn't Thaddius for example made out of butchered people who's souls are still trapped inside, crying for help?
    Oh yes, indeed.

    Don't forget the old tombs under Karazhan. Or the face tents. Or the fact you kick people in a deep depression. Or the fact you have Goblins assassinate the very quest NPC's you are currently in progress of helping, just to take their spot. Or the fact that Owlkins liquefy their prey to eat/drink them - not to mention they are alive as they slowly turn to goo.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  16. #56
    Have you been to the Karazhan crypts? Naxxramas? The Plaguelands? Icecrown? Drustvar? The game is brimming with dark stuff, but I agree it could always do with more.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Also that the "flying fairies heaven" is pretty messed up in their own way. Definitely the darkest interpretation of "heaven" I've heard with what they do to the "new converts."
    Eh, I disagree. The Night Fae use anima that souls bring with them to infuse spritits of nature. But they just use the anima, it's never stated that the soul dies or is destroyed in the proces.

    Ardenweald seems like the chillest afterlife tbh. Just hanging out with faeries and faunboys in a magical forest. I'd take it over the others.

  18. #58
    pretty sure i killed 10 rabbits to get those 10 carrots.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Wow is marketed as 12+ or something like that.

    Even really basic war/barbaric/violence concepts such as rape are never even mentioned, while we can all be sure it happens every day (especially since females of most races look very similar in body structure).

    Since blizzard is unwilling to put even the most common aspects of violence and war into WoW i doubt they will do anything more complex.
    They don't advertise it, but rape is defintely there. How else would you explain Draenei-Orc hybrids like Garona, it's not like a bunch of Draenei women willingly gave themselves to the Orcs.

    The dark stuff is out there if you look for it. I remember in War Crimes, Velen recalled a memory in which he saw a Draenei child being murdered quite violently by an Orc.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Eh, I disagree. The Night Fae use anima that souls bring with them to infuse spritits of nature. But they just use the anima, it's never stated that the soul dies or is destroyed in the proces.

    Ardenweald seems like the chillest afterlife tbh. Just hanging out with faeries and faunboys in a magical forest. I'd take it over the others.
    Ah, the fairy part should've clued me in, I was thinking the glowing angelic looking one where they completely mindwipe everyone that joins, destroying their former selves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •