Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Worst Case Scenario: The Jailer Escapes/Wins...

...does that mean mortal life would be not be capable of dying and passing on? No more death and dying?

Going by Blizzard's official description of the expansion, on how Sylvanas and the Jailer threaten to "unravel reality" and "unmake the cosmos" it would seem that this points to the fundamental process of living and dying. Or at least how I see it.

So what could happen? The Jailer wins and these reality unraveling events happen: no more afterlife? No more death in our physical universe?

Who is the Jailer?

people would still die. but maybe they souls would get stuck somewhere. i find it hard to believe the jailer would just stop gobbling them up though, presumably he would want to use the power of the souls to unravel w/e he wants to unravel.

Worst case? He consumes all souls' anima, becomes the most powerful entity, and there's no longer a game to play since there's nothing else left in existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Or the Jailer might consume all anima unto himself, regardless of whether or not the beings containing that energy had actually died - unraveling all life in the physical universe and turning it into a veritable graveyard
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Who is the Jailer?

Evil Santa Clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Worst case? He consumes all souls' anima, becomes the most powerful entity, and there's no longer a game to play since there's nothing else left in existence.

Yeah this may end up being the actual reason. In most cases for this game, it's always that. Was hoping for something a little different for what is at stake here.

Sylvanas literally tells Anduin what would happen. Everything would be consumed by the Maw. Which means that every single world in the cosmos would end up looking like this:

A bleak and desolate wasteland with only death and sorrow in it.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

The jailor and sylvanas are the good guys,they are trying to break the machine of death...to end the cycle...BREAK THE WHEEL (expectations subverted!),created by the pantheon of death to keep the world imprisoned and feed of our anima!

you see in such a scenario...burning a bunch of kids alive isnt even moraly gray,its objectivly GOOD,because by doing so and sending them to the maw,sylvanas SAVED those kids from becoming part of the anima dark titan kool aid!

but we,just like with illidad...fail to see the bigger picture and foolishly try to stop them,potentialy dooming us just like then...

the expansion will end with sylvanas heroically sacrificing herself to correct the mistake we made!(killing the jailor maybe)

hear me now quote me later,it has blizzards writing style all over it
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-08-10 at 09:34 PM.

We all will become part of the jailers army.
    Guess its the same as what the Lich King basicly wanted all become undead and all will serve the Lich King (Jailer) to fight the other big forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    We all will become part of the jailers army.
    Guess its the same as what the Lich King basicly wanted all become undead and all will serve the Lich King (Jailer) to fight the other big forces.

Forgot about this small point. Arthas' supposed "noble" cause for enslaving all of Azeroth as undead minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    no more afterlife? No more death in our physical universe?
    I think that's Sylvanas' goal. She's realized she can't stop her eventual death and eternal damnation in the Maw - no matter what she does, there will never be enough Val'kyr to keep her out forever. She has too many enemies and Azeroth faces too many threats.

So, she's going to break death so that nobody has to go to the Maw ever again. I think that's what she meant when she said "this world is a prison and I will set us all free" - she means from death. Everything we do in Azeroth is so we can all keep on living another day - what if that didn't matter anymore?

I think, to that end, she's going to betray the jailer and try to take his position so she can complete this goal. It will likely backfire spectacularly, she'll end up obliterated and we'll be stuck dealing with a super jailer Sylvanas has been feeding souls to.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    ...does that mean mortal life would be not be capable of dying and passing on? No more death and dying?

Going by Blizzard's official description of the expansion, on how Sylvanas and the Jailer threaten to "unravel reality" and "unmake the cosmos" it would seem that this points to the fundamental process of living and dying. Or at least how I see it.

So what could happen? The Jailer wins and these reality unraveling events happen: no more afterlife? No more death in our physical universe?
    The worst case scenario would be if Sylvanas managed to escape, because we would have to endure her cringey, full Mary Sue-likes appearances, as well as her unbearably emo speeches for the Eternal Sun knows how longer. This Jailor guy is looking more and more like N'zoth 2.0, aka "the ultimate menace" who is completely overshadowed by author's pet Sylvie, and dispatched in a lame final patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Or the Jailer might consume all anima unto himself, regardless of whether or not the beings containing that energy had actually died - unraveling all life in the physical universe and turning it into a veritable graveyard
    So he'd basically become Nagash?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Who is the Jailer?
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. Have you not seen anything of Shadowlands?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically Dark souls.....life and death rolled into one hellish nightmare and thats if you manager to not get gobbled up by the jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is the Jailer?
    Stop playing around!
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2020-08-11 at 05:52 AM.

i guess the dead would sticka round like sprits similar to the highborne or whisp-like forms.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I think Sylvanas' goal is about wiping out the cruel reality and then creating one she controls, where everyone is free from suffering and bla bla.

The Jailer might have convinced her that this is his goal too, but him being a being more ancient then the Titans I really really doubt he cares about the lifes of insects like Sylvanas or us. He will consume all of the Shadowlands and then most likely seek revenge against whoever jailed him in the Maw (the Titans maybe?) with the resulting war wiping out the universe.

Who cares what WOULD happen, because it never WILL.

Oh no everything's gone to shit, the world is going to end... BUT WAIT, "the Champion of Azeroth", "the Maw Walker", magically and miraculously manages to mend the malefic machinations of the Main Bad at the last second. With the borrowed power of <MacGuffin> we avert what seemed like certain doom (for the umpteenth time), and everyone is shocked AND surprised that somehow the multi-million dollar franchise DIDN'T decide to just kill off its own world in a big boom.

It's truly mind-boggling.

It's so fucking vague. It says absolutely fucking nothing about what they actually want to achieve. If they mean literally "erase everything" How does this outcome benefit Sylvanas in any way? What does she gain from turning everything into a shithole

Worst case scenario: a long "Sylvanas was right all along" cutscene.