Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Botanist_Freywinn was not a druid. He was a herbalist and an alchemist. A wizard who conducted various experiments on plants and plantlives while mixing up wierd potions and infusions to grant life to plants and grant himself various plant-like abilities.
    That could be blood elf twist on druid. Just like Kul Tirans have Thornspeakers.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  2. #22
    They can't be druids, because the number of blood elf players in the horde is too overwhelming as is.

    Lore was never the reason.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Botanist_Freywinn was not a druid. He was a herbalist and an alchemist. A wizard who conducted various experiments on plants and plantlives while mixing up wierd potions and infusions to grant life to plants and grant himself various plant-like abilities.
    Funny you say he's not a Druid, because he literally casts Tree Form and Tranquility during his encounter.
    (Also, Druids and Herbalism/Alchemy aren't mutually exclusive, but I think that goes without saying.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Huge difference in WoW between being a druid and a wizard though. One is basically a scholar who was mastered the art of throwing a fireball in your face, or conjuring forth a picknick. The druid is one who is a devout follower of a certain diety or supernatural force, who in return grants who a set of specific powers, such as the powers to make it rain or turn into an animal - if anything, the druid is a "nature priest".
    Malfurion and Illidan were powerful mages before they were taught by Cenarius... if anything, mastery over the arcane seems to imply one would have a... natural... aptitude for druidism if not spell-casting as a whole. And also, it was said that Illidan would make for a powerful Druid... if he had the patience for it. So, Druidism does take a kind of study as well - maybe not through books, maybe more through trance with the Dream and connecting to nature. So, maybe reading the lines on a leaf is not unlike reading ink on parchment. Understanding the balance of nature, of its creatures, of life... is another kind of study too, no? Intellect, as we know, broadly helps all spell-casting.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-03-29 at 09:53 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Huge difference in WoW between being a druid and a wizard though. One is basically a scholar who was mastered the art of throwing a fireball in your face, or conjuring forth a picknick. The druid is one who is a devout follower of a certain diety or supernatural force, who in return grants who a set of specific powers, such as the powers to make it rain or turn into an animal - if anything, the druid is a "nature priest".
    Not at all. That's not how it is presented at all.

    Druids in wow are not devout followers of deiteis. You're thinking Loa priests, in fact, you just described Loa priests. Druids are devoted to nature, Cenarius and Malurion are their shando's and they certainly don't worship them, they're more like teachers.

    Druidsm to me feels more like the schorlarly approach to nature. This is why it takes the night elves to develop it into a class. Malfurion is a great scholar and highly intelligent we read in WotA.. really think of him as Botanist with Monk/zen spirtitual side to it (not a priest at all, not the wow druid). Druids aren't praying to Cenarius and certainly not Elune, they instead manipulate the very forces of nature and life (not relying on deities or elemental spirits to do it for them) and call on plants and animals and the spirits of nature to do the things that need to be done for nature to thrive, or survive or to eliminate something harmful to it. We see them ask them to give of themselves so the druid can utilise more power in times of dire need when he's own power is insufficient. Not like say a shaman who needs the elemental spirit to do the stuff, cos it's the elemental spirit that does the magic not the shaman (at least not until the move advanced stages).

    Druids are seeing studying plants, and animals, devising useful improvements to nature and observation of it, like a scholar and scientist will do, except with magic and it's nature magic instead. I really tend to think of them more as the PhD of nature magic, because the night elves come from that discipline where they structured and properly learned everything.

    I think people don't quite get night elves or druids properly most of the time (but then they're not supposed to, which is why they're described as enigmatic).. they see living in caves and outdoors (at least the druid ones), and conclude primitive, savage and un-educated (conveniently forgetting Darnasssus, the temples and other ancient kaldorei cities) - yet, all you need do is look at how well furnished their caves (again druids only) are, and structures are, how civilised and highly orgnaised their behaviour is and their societies highly structured. You look at their task, it's complex stuff, Emerald dream, guiding the evolution of the world. Just because they prefer to be in nature, humbly attired, people tend to overlook what we are actually shown about them.

    The night elf druid doesn't need the palaces and temples or cities of the kaldorei, Nature itself is a beautiful and intricate tapestry no carved stone, marble or wood wrought by Elf or man can measure up - this are ancient beings who've seen it all and lived it all, and those who remain druids have chosen that path because they love it. To live surrounded by this beauty in it's pureness is all the complexity and diversity they need.. nature is their complexly woven habitat, and so they find no need to adorn themselves or be lavish or extravagant, they're surrounded by it, and love it.

    At least this is the impression I get. When I first read the night elves' history in WC3 manual (very first introduction) as the very highly intelligent boosted race, with the highest standards of development for civilization and magic ever seen on Azeroth by humanoids even comparing to the best of todays civilizations, i never for once thought the druids were simpletons, to me, they just took their great knowledge and highly structured mind and applied it to nature. They're living in the forests with simple abodes because that's their thing, however for the rest of the non-druid night elves, it's because they're actually very busy with the long vigil task during that era, and the race cannot use the arcane side of its heritage which means for those who aren't druids, no temples, no cities, no luxuries etc, but they're fine with that because they brought this situation on the world, it is their cross to bear (so to speak), and they do their duty for 10k years until the Legion returns, adn well tha'ts the end of that.

    However druids continue to be druids, becuase it's a discipline, not a mandate, unlike what the Long Vigil was. and those night elves who are druids, we see quite learned - you must remember the lore tells us many of the Moonguard with the survivors and the highborne that didn't join Darth'remar turned to druidsm during the long vigil (only to now return to the arcane with the lifting of the ban and acceptance of the Shen'dralar. These are highly intelligent, schorlarly crafters of magic from a highly learned society - you don't just stop learning and studying because your priorities for living habitations change or you are doing nature now. You simply apply the same rigour and intelligence and further your new subject matter. This is ofc why they reach the level with nature magic that far outstrips any other to the extent that it becomes a class.

    As further proof backing this up, the druids have books and scrolls if you go to their class halls, if you look at the quests attributed to them in Outalnd, in Northrend, in Hyjal - teh way they are written are people who study and enquire, examine, test, develop, they just do it with nature and biology instead of with the arcane.


    And their magical palystyle backs this up. it is far more mage than it is preist.Not one healing spell is calling on any deity, and the damge spells are not calling on an etnitty etiher but are utilising knowledge of how things that occur in nature work and the attributes they have so they can employ them.


    i mean this is how I am seeing it.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-03-30 at 01:56 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Botanica outland : bood elves druids.
    not sure they're "druids" rather than teh equiv of arcane scientist fucking around with magic.

    but the distinction is lost on a lot of people.


    Honestly I no longer understand why they keep having a restriction on race/class. The factions have long since been intermingling to such a degree that you can find just about every combination out there and there's lore justification to explain literally any match up somehow.

    After how Tauren paladin and priest were made a thing I don't see how any other options remain taboo. Course that's more related to how the "light" got fleshed out to be multiple religious views all leading to "light" as a cosmic force (previously I think they talked about priests for non-humans/thalassians as some other organizations not related to "The Light" like forsaken being cult of shadows or something)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Not at all. That's not how it is presented at all.

    Druids in wow are not devout followers of deiteis. You're thinking Loa priests, in fact, you just described Loa priests. Druids are devoted to nature, Cenarius and Malurion are their shando's and they certainly don't worship them, they're more like teachers.
    Pretty sure Druidism in wow started out as devout followers of Cenarius... a wild god of azeroth on the same scope as a loa so the comparison isn't far off. But then something weird happened when Furion turned into Malfurion and other subsequent changes to the story that weren't all properly taken care of.

  6. #26
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    21,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Funny you say he's not a Druid, because he literally casts Tree Form and Tranquility during his encounter.
    (Also, Druids and Herbalism/Alchemy aren't mutually exclusive, but I think that goes without saying.)



    Malfurion and Illidan were powerful mages before they were taught by Cenarius... if anything, mastery over the arcane seems to imply one would have a... natural... aptitude for druidism if not spell-casting as a whole. And also, it was said that Illidan would make for a powerful Druid... if he had the patience for it. So, Druidism does take a kind of study as well - maybe not through books, maybe more through trance with the Dream and connecting to nature. So, maybe reading the lines on a leaf is not unlike reading ink on parchment. Understanding the balance of nature, of its creatures, of life... is another kind of study too, no? Intellect, as we know, broadly helps all spell-casting.
    And Shattered Halls have fel orc casters who use "Heal", you think they are Holy Priests? Gameplay mechanics doesn't equal the actual lore behind it. And Malfurion, unlike Illidan, never practised the arcane or trained as a mage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Not at all. That's not how it is presented at all.

    Druids in wow are not devout followers of deiteis. You're thinking Loa priests, in fact, you just described Loa priests. Druids are devoted to nature, Cenarius and Malurion are their shando's and they certainly don't worship them, they're more like teachers.

    Druidsm to me feels more like the schorlarly approach to nature. This is why it takes the night elves to develop it into a class. Malfurion is a great scholar and highly intelligent we read in WotA.. really think of him as Botanist with Monk/zen spirtitual side to it (not a priest at all, not the wow druid). Druids aren't praying to Cenarius and certainly not Elune, they instead manipulate the very forces of nature and life (not relying on deities or elemental spirits to do it for them) and call on plants and animals and the spirits of nature to do the things that need to be done for nature to thrive, or survive or to eliminate something harmful to it. We see them ask them to give of themselves so the druid can utilise more power in times of dire need when he's own power is insufficient. Not like say a shaman who needs the elemental spirit to do the stuff, cos it's the elemental spirit that does the magic not the shaman (at least not until the move advanced stages).

    Druids are seeing studying plants, and animals, devising useful improvements to nature and observation of it, like a scholar and scientist will do, except with magic and it's nature magic instead. I really tend to think of them more as the PhD of nature magic, because the night elves come from that discipline where they structured and properly learned everything.

    I think people don't quite get night elves or druids properly most of the time (but then they're not supposed to, which is why they're described as enigmatic).. they see living in caves and outdoors (at least the druid ones), and conclude primitive, savage and un-educated (conveniently forgetting Darnasssus, the temples and other ancient kaldorei cities) - yet, all you need do is look at how well furnished their caves (again druids only) are, and structures are, how civilised and highly orgnaised their behaviour is and their societies highly structured. You look at their task, it's complex stuff, Emerald dream, guiding the evolution of the world. Just because they prefer to be in nature, humbly attired, people tend to overlook what we are actually shown about them.

    The night elf druid doesn't need the palaces and temples or cities of the kaldorei, Nature itself is a beautiful and intricate tapestry no carved stone, marble or wood wrought by Elf or man can measure up - this are ancient beings who've seen it all and lived it all, and those who remain druids have chosen that path because they love it. To live surrounded by this beauty in it's pureness is all the complexity and diversity they need.. nature is their complexly woven habitat, and so they find no need to adorn themselves or be lavish or extravagant, they're surrounded by it, and love it.

    At least this is the impression I get. When I first read the night elves' history in WC3 manual (very first introduction) as the very highly intelligent boosted race, with the highest standards of development for civilization and magic ever seen on Azeroth by humanoids even comparing to the best of todays civilizations, i never for once thought the druids were simpletons, to me, they just took their great knowledge and highly structured mind and applied it to nature. They're living in the forests with simple abodes because that's their thing, however for the rest of the non-druid night elves, it's because they're actually very busy with the long vigil task during that era, and the race cannot use the arcane side of its heritage which means for those who aren't druids, no temples, no cities, no luxuries etc, but they're fine with that because they brought this situation on the world, it is their cross to bear (so to speak), and they do their duty for 10k years until the Legion returns, adn well tha'ts the end of that.

    However druids continue to be druids, becuase it's a discipline, not a mandate, unlike what the Long Vigil was. and those night elves who are druids, we see quite learned - you must remember the lore tells us many of the Moonguard with the survivors and the highborne that didn't join Darth'remar turned to druidsm during the long vigil (only to now return to the arcane with the lifting of the ban and acceptance of the Shen'dralar. These are highly intelligent, schorlarly crafters of magic from a highly learned society - you don't just stop learning and studying because your priorities for living habitations change or you are doing nature now. You simply apply the same rigour and intelligence and further your new subject matter. This is ofc why they reach the level with nature magic that far outstrips any other to the extent that it becomes a class.

    As further proof backing this up, the druids have books and scrolls if you go to their class halls, if you look at the quests attributed to them in Outalnd, in Northrend, in Hyjal - teh way they are written are people who study and enquire, examine, test, develop, they just do it with nature and biology instead of with the arcane.


    And their magical palystyle backs this up. it is far more mage than it is preist.Not one healing spell is calling on any deity, and the damge spells are not calling on an etnitty etiher but are utilising knowledge of how things that occur in nature work and the attributes they have so they can employ them.


    i mean this is how I am seeing it.
    Which is wrong though but okay. But as always, your posts is mostly your own meta-lore and headcannon so...

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  7. #27
    Dreadlord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    I believe High Elf Druids were established but were retconned/buried later. And considering how close they are to nature and their homeland, especially in their W3 representation, it wouldn't be THAT far-fetched.
    This is another one of the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves (and Void Elves) - they can be druids

    I think the Quel'danil should be the place for High Elf Druids
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And Shattered Halls have fel orc casters who use "Heal", you think they are Holy Priests? Gameplay mechanics doesn't equal the actual lore behind it. And Malfurion, unlike Illidan, never practised the arcane or trained as a mage.
    Shadowmoon Acolytes you reference wield Power Word: Shield, Mind Blast, and Prayer of Healing, so I would classify them as Discipline since they wield both schools of Holy and Shadow. The clans of Outland and Draenor had Orc Priests - even the playable Mag'har Orcs we have can be Priests. So, that's probably a bad example if you're trying to prove a point there. So, back on point, the Botanist casts Tree of Life and Tranquility. He is casting these spells, and he doesn't drink a potion or do anything else to trigger these and there's nothing else to indicate that what he's doing is anything else. And since Herbalism and Alchemy aren't mutually exclusive to being a Druid then unless you have another explanation that can be supported with evidence I think these two spells make this pretty cut and dry what he's doing is casting Druid spells.
    And Malfurion was indeed a mage (specifically, a sorcerer) before he was a Druid. (see: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Malfurion_Stormrage)

  9. #29
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    21,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Shadowmoon Acolytes you reference wield Power Word: Shield, Mind Blast, and Prayer of Healing, so I would classify them as Discipline since they wield both schools of Holy and Shadow. The clans of Outland and Draenor had Orc Priests - even the playable Mag'har Orcs we have can be Priests. So, that's probably a bad example if you're trying to prove a point there. So, back on point, the Botanist casts Tree of Life and Tranquility. He is casting these spells, and he doesn't drink a potion or do anything else to trigger these and there's nothing else to indicate that what he's doing is anything else. And since Herbalism and Alchemy aren't mutually exclusive to being a Druid then unless you have another explanation that can be supported with evidence I think these two spells make this pretty cut and dry what he's doing is casting Druid spells.
    And Malfurion was indeed a mage (specifically, a sorcerer) before he was a Druid. (see: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Malfurion_Stormrage)
    I was refering to the Hellfire Watchers (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hellfire_Watcher). And no, orc priests weren't a thing until they added it in BFA with the playable mag'har - hell, if it had always been a thing, regular orcs would be able to be priests.
    As for the Malfurion being a sorcerer, that's from the Knaak novels, which aren't exactly on point anymore.

    Anyways, I grow tired of this going back and forth....

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I was refering to the Hellfire Watchers (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hellfire_Watcher). And no, orc priests weren't a thing until they added it in BFA with the playable mag'har - hell, if it had always been a thing, regular orcs would be able to be priests.
    As for the Malfurion being a sorcerer, that's from the Knaak novels, which aren't exactly on point anymore.

    Anyways, I grow tired of this going back and forth....
    So, not Shattered Halls reference then, Hellfire Ramparts. Understandable mistake. In any case, these Priests cast Shadow Word: Pain, so they're probably Discipline Priests as well. And again, in any case, the Shadowmoon clan and orcs of Outalnd and Draenor have had Priests for all this time so if you're trying to say Orcs don't have Priests until just recently, the examples you are giving are pretty explicit that these were Priests this whole time as they're casting many Priest-specific spells so again if you're trying to make a correlation to the Botanist who is also casting two distinctive Druid spells, Tree of Life and Tranquility, I think you'll probably have to do a bit better than that. As for saying Knaak books are non-canon, do you have a source saying this is the case?

  11. #31
    Love the idea, just a bit vary of the whole troll/loa connection you suggested.

    Hope that if they introduce it they won't make the forms all exaggerated and flamboyant with hot-pink hair and silly markings and stuff, like they did on the darkspear trolls.

    Blood elves/high elves in my opinion are more "classy" and have a cleaner style then that and their shapes should reflect it.

    Would actually be able to play a druid on horde if this happened, never been able to make myself do it properly earlier due to the race restrictions.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    They can't be druids, because the number of blood elf players in the horde is too overwhelming as is.

    Lore was never the reason.
    Agreed, as if Orgrimmar isn't infested with Blood Elves already. Night Elves should be the only Elves with acces to the Druid class.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And Shattered Halls have fel orc casters who use "Heal", you think they are Holy Priests? Gameplay mechanics doesn't equal the actual lore behind it. And Malfurion, unlike Illidan, never practised the arcane or trained as a mage.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Which is wrong though but okay. But as always, your posts is mostly your own meta-lore and headcannon so...
    REgardless, you haven't proved that you are right.



    What evidence do you have to show that druids worship deities? Or
    follower of a certain diety or supernatural force, who in return grants who a set of specific powers, such as the powers to make it rain or turn into an animal - if anything, the druid is a "nature priest". ?


    Where is your evidence? The druid is my favourite class, the night elves my favourite race in Warcraft, I see little to no evidence of your suggestion. My so called meta-lore at least derives its explanation from what we are shown. I don't see druids worshipping any wild god or supernatural force.. I see them learning from Cenarius and Malfurion (who isn't a deity of any sort) some follow the teachings of Goldrinn (we know what happened to those).

    At least my meta-lore is seen in game. Quests from druid that study and examine plant life, animal life, and deduce solutions to problems. Using magic they know how to manipulate directly and not calling from any deities.

    I look at my spell bar in balance and resto spec. Not one description talks about calling to an elemental spirit or deity. The balance star spells are phrased like arcane spells - indicateing the druid directly manipulates this. The description of druids using spells in Stormrage novel and WotA further backs this. We also see Malfurion call on animals and plants to give of their life energy which he is able to utilise in spells. We see he can call to the actual element itself, not elemental spirits - more akin to how a mage does it, and we read they exercise power of nature magically through their art.

    The focus of priests and shaman are different. Priests contemplate and meditate to gain greater clarity into spiritual truths and the will of their deity whom they worship, depend on and call upon. Shaman appeal to elemental spirits and ancestral spirits, the former they do not worship, the latter many shamanic cultures do worship. The elemental is the one that gratns or bestow the power it wields on the shaman or directly does the job the shaman asks. Shaman that get skilled learn to use the powers they get from the elements well, and are great at talking them down.


    In real life, celtic druids are pretty much pagan priests, however druids in wow are something largely different, elves do not exist, nor does arcane magic and the type of mechanics we see in game. The fantasy concept of mage, druid etc used in game is unique, and we find their version of druids and elves have a lot of differences to other fantasties. They may have based them on certain things we know, but that's pretty much the extent.

    At least I took the effort to point out my source my meta-conclusions come from.. Quests, books, spell bar etc... While there may be more to it as I haven't included everything, I at least know somewhat of what I am talking about here based on what we have been given. Night elf druidsm is kaldorei derived, and they have a connection and way of operating that relates to the arcane they are based on and the priesthood that pretty much encompasses everything about them. Application, devotions and functions vary. Kaldorei priests are devoted to a deity, druids are all about nature, mages/highborne focus on applications and use of the arcane - this is what fascinates hem. Yet all 3 aspects can be found in all 3 walks of life based on what we've been shown.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Agreed, as if Orgrimmar isn't infested with Blood Elves already. Night Elves should be the only Elves with acces to the Druid class.
    Well i do agree it's got nothing to do with lore. The minute Tauren were made druids for WoW, that siwhen imo, they showed us other thigns than lore take precedence.

    However, I am in the camp that all elves should have access druid. In fact I feel strongly that druidsm shoudl be an elven thing primarily in wow, and don't like that we see humans (kul'tiran/worgen) then Tauren/trolls - having access to it earlier - I sometimes thing that part of what elven druism was actually originally shown as is lost in this influx.

    However like some of the posters above, Elves love nature, and are great at magic. Druidsm is the nature magic arena, it really doesn't mesh well that blood/high/void elves and the Nightborne night elves can be so magical and clearly love nature, yet somehow, with the shared Kaldorei origin mysteriously not have druidsm or at least a variant based on Malfurion/Cenarius - actually available to them.

    1. Thalassians - their night elven predecessors were 3,000 years in a long vigil - without arcane magic and loving magic - I find it hard to believe that they would not have picked up great knowledge and skill in this area, although it is very likely those that became druids stayed with the other kaldorei in obedience to Malfurion and Cenarius, still those exiled, would have had exposure and likely involved a lot of study

    2. Nightborne - while Malfurion, a citizen of Suramar was not in the shield when it went up, busy saving the world etc, when it comes down, we see Farodin (from the druid portion of the Valewalker order), play the key role in saving the Nightborne by the creation of the arcan'dor half nature/half arcane tree - we see the Nightborne pretty advanced in nature magic through the botanists, and we see Val'Sharah druids also partner with them to free shal'aran - these are druids not part of the Darnassian alliance faction.

    Seeing their restoration to a natural state, the races' intrinsic love for nature. IT is hard to think that some would not at least now choose to fully delve into that path - especially amongst the Nightborne, and also at least amongst the Thalassians.

    Furthermore, for those who would not take the kaldorei advanced route but have developed their own, again I don't see why they dont' have their own version of druidsm and with the Tauren and night elves being allied with blood elves and void/high elves respectively - for some cross acceleration to happen.

  14. #34
    Good summit mate! I have said this since the beginning of Cata that they should have the opt to become druids. Shaman would also be cool but Blood elves are closer to druidism than shamanism. We hope they implent this in game!

  15. #35
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,355
    they were sh8tconned out of lore
    high elf druid exist since wc2 days, but blizz decided to f8ck it and give it to trolls to troll us
    there is literally a blood elf druid in TBC yet they sh8t on that too

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Malfurion and Illidan were powerful mages before they were taught by Cenarius
    that's ur only mistake here, Mal was never strong with arcane, exact opposite he hated it, Illidan on other hand loved arcane and embraced it, he also did practice druidism but hated it because how weak it was
    Ironic since Malfurion is the strongest mortal ever with ability to control entire Azeroth nature in his book, a feat of strength that not even titans were able to do, but maybe because back then druidism was still infant hence weaker than arcane magic ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    They can't be druids, because the number of blood elf players in the horde is too overwhelming as is.

    Lore was never the reason.
    they gave them warrior, which was already one of top played classes
    then again i think one of least combinations i see in wow is belf warrior in horde, if u have access to orc or tauren why would u play belf warrior, plate looks amazing on tauren, and orcs already look savages without even need to be warrior
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that's ur only mistake here, Mal was never strong with arcane

    To directly quote the source, The Well of Eternity, pg. 595
    Despite having turned to druidism, Malfurion was almost as adept at sorcery as his brother

  17. #37
    I like it, we should call them Botanists!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Nice work man, Elves are very good at magic, and they love nature too. I agree that every elven race should have mage, druid, priest as staple ( lock can be for the special groups like Illidari, Felborne, Fel elves etc, I think only void elves don't necessariy need a special group for those).

    While I get that night elves are the original and complete elves.. and some people feel only they should have access to every magic available. I disagree.


    1. Quel'thalas was built on freedom of ALL magic
    2. We love nature every bit as much, just b/c we haven't gone all caveman like the night elf druids (oh nature is our home) - doesn't mean it's not there
    3. We have treants, botanists etc - Nature is such a core part of life, and magic from the kaldroei roots concenring it would be an institution in any Elven civilization.
    4. We didn't lose ability for nature magic or love for nature when we became high elves - that part of the night elf is still in our DNA


    I feel the Thalassian druidsm can be different to the kaldoreri. But I also feel it doesn't need to, thanks to the nightborne.

    Nightborne can connect to druidsm via Arcan'dor, Farodin and Val'sharah druids they mix with, and in turn blood elves can come to druidsm via that root. Meanwhile void elves and high elves can actually get it directly from the night elves. It really would only be an extension of their magical knowledge.

    The Thalassian would have druidic magaic principalas in their culture, since they come from night elves and the magic has been there with them nearly as long as the arcane. Furthermore they were in the Long vigil for 3,000 years, without using the arcane, many would have tried druidsm and at least learnt.

    I support this.
    This is my thinking also, it's obvious to anyone who thinks about elves and isn't ofc against something just cos they don't like it or don't care. It's strange not to have all elves involved with some level of druidsm given they all are nature lovers greatly talented with magic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I like it, we should call them Botanists!
    i'll be fine with that.I've been feeling for a long time that blood and void/high elves should have their druidsm in the form of Botanists, and that humans and forsaken can have have that class by extension (as an adapted durid class). I feel nightborne should have Valewalkers are morea dvanced form, effectively druidsm but with an emphasis on Balance and the arcane/nature duality of the night elves and the balance between it - which fits perfectly with the Arcan'dor, the presence and hlep of Farodin and the val'sharah druids and more like an upgrade to the high botanist Tel'arn and his research.

  19. #39
    I think some of the rational is a little flimsy, but if Gilneans had harvest witches before they naturally accrued druidic powers from the wolf form, I see no reason that the same couldn't hold true. More importantly, I'm in favor of opening more classes to more races. And if it gives some rational for void elf druids as well, all the better!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i'll be fine with that.I've been feeling for a long time that blood and void/high elves should have their druidsm in the form of Botanists, and that humans and forsaken can have have that class by extension (as an adapted durid class). I feel nightborne should have Valewalkers are morea dvanced form, effectively druidsm but with an emphasis on Balance and the arcane/nature duality of the night elves and the balance between it - which fits perfectly with the Arcan'dor, the presence and hlep of Farodin and the val'sharah druids and more like an upgrade to the high botanist Tel'arn and his research.
    That would be awesome. Lynx cat form and Venus Fly Trap balance forms for Blood Elves.

    Crazy mutated Biolante-like forms for Void Elves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •