Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yep token should also be removed its cancer of this game.
    I mostly meant before the token, when gold sellers were more popular. On the other hand - tokens do allow people with little income to play the game for free, if they can grind enough gold. Not sure they need to go...

Almost 500 guldan kills and still no green mount fml

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    I have over 1300 kills on ICC25H and still no mount. I wouldn't care if the drop chance was changed if it let me get my mount
    This is why i push for raid tokens.

Every boss in a raid drops a currency "Fragment of icecrown citidal"
    At the start of the raid is a vendor, you can unlock transmog for specific pieces, for your class, and your other classes.
    You can also use it to get pets, transmogs, mounts, and eventually once you have everything, gold.

3 clears for a full transmog set for 1 class
    30 clears for the mount.
    2 clears per pet.

so on so forth
    and do this for ALL of the raids
    (Either have transmog sets, or literally have every single piece of gear on the vendor)

I have been asking fo this, forever, but people dont rally behind it.

WE MUST GROUP TOGETHER, TO GET THIS VENDOR IN!

Honestly i don't care too much, i have like 87 mounts, i am by no means a mount farmer, but i do have an idea and i am curious as to what people think about it.

So a problem is that if you wanna start farming a mount, it can take weeks, months or even years to get it, which is ridiculous. Any mount with a 1% chance to drop, on a weekly lockout, would take on average 100 weeks to get, which is close to 2 years, and i don't even know if some mounts have even lower drop rates, but i wouldn't be surprised.
    If you wanna get into mount farming, then this ridiculous idea of doing the same farm every week and only expect to get it after 2 years, is something that not many people wanna can get over. That was on average, but it can easily take longer. The chance of not having obtained it in 200 attempts, which is roughly 4 years, is around 13%, and we don't even consider things that happen with 13% chance to be that unlucky.

What if we make it somewhat deterministic, or infinitely farmable. As i said, i am not in the mount community, and i am not sure if the prestige in a certain mount comes from the hard work you put into getting it, or if it is from the luck you had to get it, but if it is the ladder, then that is really fucking dumb.

Making it deterministic would mean that it would be guaranteed after say 50 attempts. The amount can always be tweaked, but i feel like farming it for a year straight should award it. I do see the problem someone might have with this, where they spent maybe 100-200 attempts and would be mad that someone got it given after "only" 50.

Then we could make it bad luck protection so that the chance of getting it is higher after every time you didn't loot it. That way we could still make it so you get it on average after 100 attempts, but to get it after 200 attempts is all the way down to 1% or something like that, it can be tuned.

Last option is to not make it lockout. I know that this could have implications in raw gold farm of old raid, but what i am suggesting is making it so the mount is not on lockout, meaning that if you kill last boss and reset, then on your next run, no mobs or bosses have loot, except for mounts, but still with the same drop chance and no bad luck protection. With this you will still have to put in just as much work as someone who had already gotten it, difference is that you're not locked behind years of just waiting. I am not sure how mount farmers feel about this. Would you be mad if someone got a mount you put in, say 50 hours spread over 2 years, in 50 hours over 2 weeks because they grinded it out? We can even tune it so that if you go for infinite farmable, then it has half the drop chance, so they work twice as hard as you, but skip the waiting time?

As it is now, the barrier to entry for the mount community is huge. Sure you can always join it, but you'll never be anything in that community until you have some mounts and that can easily take years due to the RNG nature, and that just means that the mount community will become smaller and smaller, cause no one wants to join it, and the only players in that community are people who have already farmed them for years and can focus on new mounts, instead of new players having to farm several raids for years to get a mount.

After 300 mounts, I realized I didn't use ANY of them. I've legitimately been using the Ghastly Charger since WoD (and the Aqua Strider for leveling when pathfinder hasn't been achieved).

Deterministic would require a massive amount of additional code, to keep track of each characters number of attempts for a given mount, and to make previous attempts "remembered", which would be a massive amount of additional database storage for every character. Straight up increasing the drop rate would be do-able, but I don't think "guaranteeing" a drop after x attempts is even remotely plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    How about a reward for continual subscription. Say, annually, if you were subscribed for the whole year, let the player pick any one mount or item in the game to keep as a reward. That still maintains the rarity of certain mounts, while solving the problem of perpetual bad luck on rare drops for some players.
    didnt we get like 3-4 mounts for being subbed for half a year? or its not as good if its not precisely the mount you want, but just a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Deterministic would require a massive amount of additional code, to keep track of each characters number of attempts for a given mount, and to make previous attempts "remembered", which would be a massive amount of additional database storage for every character. Straight up increasing the drop rate would be do-able, but I don't think "guaranteeing" a drop after x attempts is even remotely plausible.
    I'm not saying I want this system, but this is not the reason not to. It'd be a VERY small amount of code/storage. Like unbelievably small. It'd be a single variable for each mount boss you've killed. Think of it like adding a quest objective for each mount boss in terms of storage. The game already does it for bonus rolls so the code is already there too.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2020-04-15 at 04:02 PM.

Bad luck protection would only need to apply to a couple of drops per expansion, mounts that are under 1% drops. If droprate is 1% or higher it isn't necessary.