Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't really care either way
    the problem now is the game reached way too much mounts that it became useless to care to farm them
    Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Uther: How can you even consider that?

It's never been easier to farm mounts anyways >.> Just gonna be desrespectful to those spend weeks on weeks farming those mounts
    how u didn't get banned on ur avatar? i got banned for less than that multiple times during blizz-china fiasco
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I would genuinely love this change. Make Soundless a 100% drop, increase Arachnoid Harvest/Rust drop chance and all the 8.3 rares. Those guys are fucking torture to deal with.

I don't see why people defend anything below a 10% drop chance for these mounts.

Nobody thinks you're special for having the shackled urzul anymore (or ever really). At this point, there are so many mounts that even the rares don't give anybody a pause.

It is terrible game design to bar these things behind ridiculously low drop rates, especially when you only have a chance at them once per week usually. Running old content isn't fun, it's a monotonous slog that I'm sure 99% of players would rather not be doing if the mounts didn't drop. How about making some sort of interactive challenge to get the mounts? Or some sort of currency you can farm?

I agree that the drop rate needs to increase. I took 30 weeks farming on a single character before i finally got the sha mount. That's more than a half a year. Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I agree that the drop rate needs to increase. I took 30 weeks farming on a single character before i finally got the sha mount. That's more than a half a year. Absolutely ridiculous.
    It isnt ridiculous you dont deserve to own that mount in first place as you are killing absolote boss anyway so be glad you have atles some chance Bliuzz should also just remove it completly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Cant let the noobs get a chance to be an elite overlord like you, right?
    This has nothing to do with being elite. You didnt put any effort into getting that mount. All you did was pressing button and one shot boss. And you should never be rewarded for such low amounth of effort. Its absolote content and it should not reward anything.

5+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard keeps bloating every raid and dungeon to the point every other boss drops a mount, I would say: Dungeon mounts can afford a an increase to 5-10%. Raid bosses can afford an increase to 5%. For special final raid boss mounts, I'm with what we have currently.

What I'd actually want is for them to scale back on the bloat. A low chance is justifiable to me if the reward is actually special and it's the only one in that dungeon/raid. Having some raids drop several mounts with low chances (and some bosses dropping multiple mounts) sucks for farming in a system that encourages it.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I think increasing the mount drop chance is a nice idea, especially the fact that everyone is staying in their home now. Perhaps Blizzard should add it just for a limited time only.
    Check out my drones guide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    no thanks. bye.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

IMO, drop rates should be limited by how often you can farm the mount.

If you can farm at will, perhaps 0.01% makes sense. Daily, 0.1%. Weekly, 1%. No less.

Hell no. I like to see people with rare mounts.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Back in my days...

Honestly, fuck it, let it be a coinflip, especially if there's no order to how often stuff drops depending on where you are. Without listing dropchances each boss is essentially a lootbox - blizz know what they're doing and they only care about your wallet. Unhealthy addiction is their bread and butter.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    It isnt ridiculous you dont deserve to own that mount in first place as you are killing absolote boss anyway so be glad you have atles some chance Bliuzz should also just remove it completly.

- - - Updated - - -

This has nothing to do with being elite. You didnt put any effort into getting that mount. All you did was pressing button and one shot boss. And you should never be rewarded for such low amounth of effort. Its absolote content and it should not reward anything.
    Alright then guy, how about 100% drop chance on all mounts while current and 0.1 when it's old
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Do I really have to remind some people there that the droprates are low so that you keep playing?
    Some bad luck protection would be nice.

And no, elitist ego's will survive other people getting the same stuff.

No. Since you didnt beat content when it was relevant you dont deserve to own those mounts in first place so be glad they gave you 0.1% chance they might also make them seasonal time limited rewards so noobs wont get them at all.
    "Oh no, you were 10 when it came out and couldnt play, so fuck you!"

Great argument, while also totally ignoring the whole run selling, which means you could literally buy the mount via real money from buying gold for the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    Not really needed. I do hunt mounts myself but we're not at the stage where increasing it is really worth it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

how u didn't get banned on ur avatar? i got banned for less than that multiple times during blizz-china fiasco
    Slightly off-topic, but I guess the answer would be because I'm not actually provoking or discussing anything about the chian thingy, I'm just meme'ing. The picture it self and my name is humorus at most

I think mounts are in a good place myself, you don't need the mount from soundless or Sha, if you think they look great, there are lookalikes you can get very easily. If you want those very specific mounts though, you will need to do some farming.

Noone needs to collect all the mounts, let there be some things left in the game for people that enjoy extensive farms. If you put every mount at 10% like some people suggest then the mount farming would be over in a single week for most "serious" mount farmers.

I agree that some mounts should get increased drop chance. 1 in 10000 is just ridiculous like some of the mounts from worldbosses. Some sort of badluck protection would be nice too. For example I'm at almost 400 tries for ashes of alar and it might take another 400 tries if I'm insanely unlucky.

the chance should be removed once a new expansion hits, make it tied to the cutting edge achievement, 99% of your mounts are irrelevant as most ppl will use less than 5 and never really change them.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mount collector (over 570 unique)... the only one I'd be ok with and I know others would be ok with is Soundless. No one should have to grind a rare with a potentially 8 hr spawn for a less than 1% drop. Especially after BFA when people that come across it will just one shot it, which means good luck ever getting a tag on one character let alone multiple.

At the very least, make him spawn MUCH faster (ex. every 30 mins or hell every 5 mins)

I'm close to 2k for the world bosses I still need. They're fine at 1 in 2k.
    Last edited by Lupen202; 2020-03-29 at 11:31 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, they should just delete all old content from the game, no point in it being there. And mount/transmog/toy farms? Pfft, that doesn't keep people subscribed at all...

You are absolutely being elitist. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but there is a lot wrong with disingenuously claiming you're not while simultaneously saying that some kind of challenge must be involved to get rewards. If the game operated by your logic, the only thing that would give loot is M+15s and Mythic raids. Everything else is about the same level of 'challenge' as Sha, just extended over a longer period of time.