Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Deterministic would require a massive amount of additional code, to keep track of each characters number of attempts for a given mount, and to make previous attempts "remembered", which would be a massive amount of additional database storage for every character. Straight up increasing the drop rate would be do-able, but I don't think "guaranteeing" a drop after x attempts is even remotely plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    How about a reward for continual subscription. Say, annually, if you were subscribed for the whole year, let the player pick any one mount or item in the game to keep as a reward. That still maintains the rarity of certain mounts, while solving the problem of perpetual bad luck on rare drops for some players.
    didnt we get like 3-4 mounts for being subbed for half a year? or its not as good if its not precisely the mount you want, but just a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Deterministic would require a massive amount of additional code, to keep track of each characters number of attempts for a given mount, and to make previous attempts "remembered", which would be a massive amount of additional database storage for every character. Straight up increasing the drop rate would be do-able, but I don't think "guaranteeing" a drop after x attempts is even remotely plausible.
    I'm not saying I want this system, but this is not the reason not to. It'd be a VERY small amount of code/storage. Like unbelievably small. It'd be a single variable for each mount boss you've killed. Think of it like adding a quest objective for each mount boss in terms of storage. The game already does it for bonus rolls so the code is already there too.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2020-04-15 at 04:02 PM.

Bad luck protection would only need to apply to a couple of drops per expansion, mounts that are under 1% drops. If droprate is 1% or higher it isn't necessary.