So many numbers in retail, is there a dps class that I can see few but big numbers?

Title says it all. I play warlock in classic because I like to see just random sbolt big crits.

I know there are a lot more dps inputs in retail that show many damage numbers.

I'm asking if there is maybe a dps class that I can see few but big dmg numbers? Maybe mm hunter? Or a mage spec?

Tldr: this is not a complaint to either side, I'm just looking for something specific

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe a fire mage with pyroclasm, or a frost mage with ice spike, or a destruction warlock, or an arms warrior. They are still quite spammy, but have abilities that hit real hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Meanwhile the damage comes from so many sources that I don't know which number belongs to which ability. It's just all completely out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I am not sure I understand what you are asking for, a class that does less damage than the other classes?

But I am pretty sure you can do these things with addons, to hide certain things etc.
    No, they're asking for a class that doesn't have a bunch of small hits, but one that has fewer large hits, ultimately equating to a similar amount of dps.

I don't know the answer to this, but I suspect maybe destro warlock based on previous iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Meanwhile the damage comes from so many sources that I don't know which number belongs to which ability. It's just all completely out of control.
    This is kind of what I'm asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    maybe a fire mage with pyroclasm, or a frost mage with ice spike, or a destruction warlock, or an arms warrior. They are still quite spammy, but have abilities that hit real hard
    Tyvm. I will use this 100% xp time to level a mage then

I think probably either Destro Lock or Frost Mage would be your best bets.

Both still have a lot of smaller hits, Frost Mage still spams Frost Bolt, Blizzard and Frozen Orb, but Glacial Spike hits for like 500k once you're fully geared. Destro lock doesn't hit quite that hard, but you can throw out multiple 200k Chaos Bolts in a relatively short time, although you do need to spam Immolate, Conflag and Incinerate in between those.

I really want someone to be like "wth just hit me" kinda feeling.

Ret Paladin always felt to me more emphasized on a smaller number of big, chunky hits with their 2H weapon. Slow moving, but damn near invincible with all their bubbles and great at big AoE pulls.

Fire Mage is pretty fun since you mentioned almost entirely ranged dps, but it's less one big hit and more a lucky combination of crit-based procs that turn something to ash in seconds. Very good single target, and very fun. Just be careful about making yourself too much of a glass cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Marks Hunter
    Frost Mage
    Destro Lock
    To some extent, Boomkin

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Title says it all. I play warlock in classic because I like to see just random sbolt big crits.

I'm asking if there is maybe a dps class that I can see few but big dmg numbers? Maybe mm hunter? Or a mage spec?

Tldr: this is not a complaint to either side, I'm just looking for something specific
    Biggest single hit numbers I've seen is Frost Mage running with Glacial Spike talent. Just requires that you build up icicles and see a big splat after using Glacial Spike.

Ty everyone. I swallowed your ideas and I'll be leveling a mage on retail for shadow lands

10+ Year Old Account
    Destru/mm are usually just big numbers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, I highly recommend Glacial Spike-build Frost mage.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

that's what i also feel when i quest for example and only pull two or three npcs. there's just so much sh*t coming at you that you sometimes have no idea what's going on.

in former times you had at least a little more overview, but now everything just glitters and shines, i hardly see my character in mythic raiding because he gets totally lost in the abilities of other raid member. you just partly don't know anymore what comes from the boss and what doesn't. especially as melee it is extremely difficult to play coordinated with some bosses because there is so much sh*t going on. and I'm not talking about dodging abilitys, i'm talking effects.

Destro warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Especially in 8.3 now. If you get damage meters you'll see most of your damage contribution is from passives in your azerite traits or corruption with a few class abilities mixed in.

From that perspective you'll mostly just look at generic dps passives given to all the classes. I believe there are some class specific azerite traits but you'll have to look those up. Remember you don't get to keep any of those as expansions change.

Destro lock.
    you have 1 dot, your 1 pet.
    after that you mostly just pop incinerate filler, then conflage once in awhile.
    then boom big chaos bolts

you have your answer in your very start rainy "I like to see big sbolt crits" well what is that in retail? Destro lock, those big chaos bolt hits... yum yum yum.

and on the "what the fuck just hit me"
    you will know that feeling in pvp when a lock double chaos bolts you, and you go from 100 to 0
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-28 at 09:28 PM.