Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Sounds like it will probably be okay? Purchases are designed to be a bonus but not required.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diab...=blizzard-news

Looks like everything you can buy can also be earned in game, there's a battle pass, etc. Seems like something closer to games like apex where it's a BP + cosmetics, than a gatcha game.
    This is the "excessively long" part. Sure, in every mobile game you can unlock shit by playing, but it'll take literal years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is the "excessively long" part. Sure, in every mobile game you can unlock shit by playing, but it'll take literal years.
    I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see it in action. It sounds like you'll be able to play the story without spending money and there'll be post launch content updates that are also free and honestly that's good enough for me.

Release date:
    - First half of 2022

Weekly XP cap? Bwhahaha.

The game was delayed from end of 2021 to the first half of 2022.
    We believe this is a positive change. There were mountains of feedback from the 2nd alpha on ways to improve the game, and Blizzard couldn't possibly get to all of it in a few months. This will give them additional time to digest and implement changes.

Controller Support is coming.
    This is a gigantic win for everyone. Playing extended periods of time on a phone is almost never healthy, and this will allow many players to enjoy the game for longer periods of time. The only losers from this are chiropractors!

Helliquary's are becoming 8 player raids.
    While this should make it more fun, it's less of a change than you might think. Helliquary bosses didn't scale based on player count before, so fighting them with a max party was already the strategy.

Bounties now open in the same zone in batches of 4.
    This will improve your ability to split farm bounties with friends, and will also decrease menuing and server stress. Overall this is a positive change.

Challenge Rifts are now more rewarding.
    Obviously a positive change. We'd like to see them adjust the offense and defense rating formula as well so skill plays a higher factor in clears.

Battlegrounds are getting a revamp to matchmaking, rankings, class balance, time to kill, and other elements.
    All of these things can be improved and are the critical pieces of feedback we left. We like what we're reading!

Paragon Levels and Higher Difficulties will now reward better loot.
    Another positive change for Diablo Immortal as Paragon Levels and Higher Difficulties didn't matter much in the Alpha. We don't want Paragon Levels to be anywhere near as strong as they are in Diablo 3, but they shouldn't be meaningless either.

The weekly XP cap has been replaced with a global cap, and players who play less get an XP boost.
    The weekly XP cap used to be a detriment to the serious players, while newer players still never had a chance to catch up. These changes address both problems - hitting the XP cap will be a good thing (we think), and newer players can catch up to the blasters. Win - Win!

Hopefully never. It's a mobile-game abomination. It is best left to the proverbial bin of discarded ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    It's a mobile-game abomination.
    Yeah I've not played many mobile games.

Now that Diablo Immortal is getting controller support I was thinking I might try to cast my Google Pixel screen onto my TV and use a controller. Or I was thinking about buying some kind of headset for my phone.

---

That ones for VR but does anyone know of a similar product for non-VR? Or does anyone know if the game can be viewed properly from such a short distance? Or if there is some other apparatus that helps with smartphone games?
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-03-31 at 12:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Omg there's no hardcore mode in Diablo Immortal... There's no glory in playing softcore. Lame!
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-04-03 at 07:30 PM.

We can debate or condemn Blizzard for its procrastination.

We can debate or condemn Blizzard for its procrastination. But we don't know the whole truth and the complexities of creating a new product. I love playing this game on PC. I had the best diablo 2 builds, which I wouldn't trade for anything. It's just like in movies - it's not always the case that a sequel to a movie can rival the first episodes in terms of entertainment. I hope Blizzard has good game developers at the moment. Judging from the first parts of the game, there was no problem. I understand that mobile devices are firmly established in our daily lives, and many games are confined to Android, but it would be very nice to play new versions of the old PC.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Omg there's no hardcore mode in Diablo Immortal... There's no glory in playing softcore. Lame!
    It's an MMO that's why.

Aaaand its out for download on mobiles just downloading game assets

Out now and started playing on my iPad. Doesn't allow for ultra resolution on iPad mini 6 which is annoying. Fairly certain it can handle it fine since it runs cool with everything else at max at 60 fps.

I've only put in about 30 minutes but it feels like diablo 3 redeaux so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

nice fast paced gameplay . without doubt it will slow down extremly after coupel of hours - dont doubt we will see by tomorrow shop and exp inreasing pots etc for 4.99 :P

surprised we dont see starting packs today - maybe its mistep on their part and they released it o mobile to early before shop is out ? :P

ah ye written to soon shop is aviable right after what was tutorial
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2022-06-01 at 03:26 PM.

Been playing it fair few hours today on my phone, controls are somewhat decent. Graphics look good too and smooth. I'm not really a mobile player so I'll be spending most of my time on this game on the PC via cross play.

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Been playing it fair few hours today on my phone, controls are somewhat decent. Graphics look good too and smooth. I'm not really a mobile player so I'll be spending most of my time on this game on the PC via cross play.
    its still surprisigly fun to play for mobile game. i started as necromancer and have ton of fun . cant ait to see how it is on pc but on mobile its really fun to play .

feel sorry for haters who hate it just because its mobile game

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    agree with u

It's terrific. Easily the best Mobile game I played and the controls and actions are so satisfying and smooth. Very fun!

i was worried about the controls and how it would look but its pretty nice on an iphone 11. can't wait to play more later today.

my only qualm is that its always online, even when not playing with other people. would be nice to have that capability if i'm out somewhere with shit wifi/internet (idk how the performance is affected if the internet is slow).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its still surprisigly fun to play for mobile game. i started as necromancer and have ton of fun . cant ait to see how it is on pc but on mobile its really fun to play .

https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/11/03...tal-cash-shop/

Just because its mobile game, sure... It's chokeful of pay to win shit already.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/11/03...tal-cash-shop/

Just because its mobile game, sure... It's chokeful of pay to win shit already.
    Oof. /10char