Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a cute little game so far, but I'm still not sure how much depth/replayability it will ultimately have.

I've no problem with playing a free game that uses the micro-transaction model. If rich players want to pay Blizz for BIS gear(or whatever) then that's good because it funds the game and incentivizes more game development in the future, which means more content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    but darker as expected.
    Oh ya I guess it is relatively dark, and gory. On the character select screen I clicked the female Barbarian and it shows an animation where she plunges an axes into the heart of a monster. I don't remember anything that gory in previous Diablo games.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-06-02 at 09:58 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to wait until the PC version of the game gets fixed up. My phone is in shambles and I generally don't like playing mobile games to begin with. For me the phone is just an extension of work and when I want to sit down to game, I'd rather just do it on my desktop. A shame that the PC version is clunky at the moment? When I played Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon the controls were very fluid on the phones they had at the stations, so it's not really a surprise to me that people are backing it up in this thread.

MTX and microtransactions in general are just how the gaming world is at the moment unfortunately. Have some self control or just gauge yourself based on what you can do without spending money if that's your goal. I rarely spend any money in F2P games, and the money I have spent is generally because I spend such an enormous amount of time in that game that it makes sense (PoE is literally the only example I can give).

I realize it's popular to shit on Blizzard and Activision, but there are so many people in this thread that will gloss over how some very popular games that are "free" as well are just as predatory, if not more predatory in other ways. I have no intention of playing Diablo Immortal at this time, but it's amusing to see Lost Ark enthusiasts (which I stopped playing shortly into T3) scream about the MTX in this game while unironically ignoring Lost Arks business model in general.

PC has been fine for me, granted my PC is massive overkill. Still a bunch of people playing on emulated servers and Linux haven't been having too many issues either.

Couple of thing though with the PC version.
    -This is less of a port and more of a self contained emulation
    -kb/m doesn't work great, if I had to venture a way to fix it, the move button will walk straight to something you click, even though hold and drag works normally. But in combat if you click and drag, and accidentally click something, your character goes straight for it, instead of following the mouse. It's actually really annoying and probably the number one complaint I saw.

I'm up to level 36, found a couple of leggos, they are surprisingly not OP... which makes me hope that these types of tuning makes it to D4. This isn't to say I want d4 to be like this, I don't, but the gearing is out of control.... yet.

The background quests, board, ... idk there is a lot that is inexplained. There are rewards that show as you receive for these quests and you never get them.

Final verdict because I think the farther I level the more I'll bang my head against pay to upgrade mechanics, game is fun to play and for the 15 hours or so you'll get for free, and then walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It isn't that aggressive, pretty tame by free to play standards to be honest. Were people expecting them to not advertise anything at all?
    No, but they're literally putting them everywhere. The fact it's a standard in mobile gaming doesn't mean it's good by any stretch.

On PC you see way less of these ads. Probably because they don't want to annoy the pc playerbase. However it doesn't feel as good as on mobile to play - it's simply not a PC game
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It is an emulation more than a port. They said that clearly when they announced it on PC.
    It's also very much a beta. I've had it crash on start (haven't had any crashes while playing though) and it does get unresponsive often.
    It's fairly easy. I don't mind that (especially with the freezing). I still think it's fairly fun. The story so far seems better and more faithful to the franchise than D3 was; game is darker.

Also have to say, since there are clearly P2W elements in this, I prefer it being easy. It means people can have fun and see the story without having to pay for it. I found early D3 with the very challenging gameplay, very low loot drops and BMAH to be far more predatory than this.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-03 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    PC has been fine for me, granted my PC is massive overkill.
    What are your specs and at what resolution are you plaing? Because 3080 Ti and i7 12700KF on 4k resolution lags lol.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I must say its funny watching PC gamers discover the world of Mobile games and flipping the fuck out about micro transactions can actually mean.
    I particularly love the conspiracy theories about how this is a test to see how far they can push D4 monetization.

Its a mobile game monetized as a mobile game. *Shock*
    Damn these capitalist companies charging what the market has shown it will bear...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    What are your specs and at what resolution are you plaing? Because 3080 Ti and i7 12700KF on 4k resolution lags lol.
    Are you sure it's lag? I think the game just stops being responsive altogether. It's not lag, the commands just get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    3070, R7, 2k resolution.

I haven't directly seen it stated, but I'm assuming that the game performance is probably partially based if not affected by swrver/internet connection. Not to say it's your connection, but your connection with Blizz.
    I've also found running windowed is the go to, it's not like the game has a resolution anyway, it's all stretched.

Do you have to do like a starter area before you can group with another person on PC? I checked all the settings and couldn't find an option for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No, but they're literally putting them everywhere. The fact it's a standard in mobile gaming doesn't mean it's good by any stretch.

On PC you see way less of these ads. Probably because they don't want to annoy the pc playerbase. However it doesn't feel as good as on mobile to play - it's simply not a PC game
    Play with a controller it changes the experience completely and it works great.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Play with a controller it changes the experience completely and it works great.
    Tried but i am unable to move and don't know why (i use an xbox one controller that works fine with any other game). I'll try again tho - controller gameplay was something i really looked forward to. Plan to play D4 with it aswell when it comes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Do you have to do like a starter area before you can group with another person on PC? I checked all the settings and couldn't find an option for that.
    I'm not sure you can group with anyone before you finish the storyline in Wortham. That's when I was first able to see anyone other than myself.

Got to say, almost every rift or dungeon boss the game becomes unresponsive for a while. I cannot fire any abilities, don't seem to take any damage. And it's not like it's lag and everything lands at the same time after.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    I'm not sure you can group with anyone before you finish the storyline in Wortham. That's when I was first able to see anyone other than myself.
    Got it, thanks!

Tried but i am unable to move and don't know why (i use an xbox one controller that works fine with any other game). I'll try again tho - controller gameplay was something i really looked forward to. Plan to play D4 with it aswell when it comes.
    My wife was having the same issue, I used PS4/8bitdo controllers. I think this is an ongoing issue unfortunately until they address it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling once Microsoft takes over we will see them move towards mostly cosmetic stuff.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Ugh. This game kinda frustrates me. I like a lot of the elements but it all feels unpolished. Seems to be barely thrown together- I could deal with P2W but that does not excuse the shabby state of this game.

I know Diablo diehards (which includes me) took offense to Grinding Gear Games figurehead Chris Wilson taking a jab at Immortal a few months ago.

Though, honestly, Wilson was right. Diablo Immortal isn't a real game.

I am so disappointed this is where the product is currently. Hope they improve the performance, control, and stability issues and the aggressive monetization is at the least toned down a bit. Great googly moogly.

Here is my question for the people who played this.

Ignoring the P2W, MTX, Microtransaction stuff.
    Is there any reason to play this on PC over D3?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

More customization, larger variety in activities and ofc a new story and new content. Plus the MMO feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

I think its worth checking out if you're a fan but it really is a mobile game, something best played in small bursts when you need to kill some time. It's not a substitute for a full blown Diablo game but it's a fun distraction.