Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    None of the above. Classic + with balance for all DPS specs.
    BC is exactly that.

How long will they push this? It feels like hail mary passes to save the franchise. Does it stop at TBC? Will it continue to Wrath? How about Cata? How about Mist? At what point we are not just playing wow again from the start with no changes? This is beyond moronic... To each their own, but seriously, this could be a bad precedent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    God I'm so hyped, this is what I originally was hoping would happen when I supported Classic's release. I genuinely can't wait.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    fuck retail, it hasn't been good in years and it wont become good ever again, so i rather play expansions that were actually good, like TBC
    I beg to differ. I've played that stuff long ago, I want new content. Blizzard is just hopping on the "lets remake games since we have no new ideas". I don't wanna support that.

Blizzard needs to get it together already. Stand out like they did in the past.. right now they're just following in line like the rest of these lazy companies.

Sad stuff.
    -Casual Dad Gamer

7+ Year Old Account
    Where are you now? All tbc not gonna happen crowd lmao
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

God bless blizzard, they've finally accepted the fact they're unable to make good games/content anymore and are instead deciding to remake/reuse old content.
    BUT just like classic they'll manage to derp it

Quote Originally Posted by calathiel- View Post
    How long will they push this? It feels like hail mary passes to save the franchise. Does it stop at TBC? Will it continue to Wrath? How about Cata? How about Mist? At what point we are not just playing wow again from the start with no changes? This is beyond moronic... To each their own, but seriously, this could be a bad precedent.
    my sentiments exactly. glad everyone is having fun with classic, that's great...but blizzards actual newer games have been pretty sketch.

blizzard does great with the initial launch of games, it's when they start fiddling with it that things go south.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I think it will stop at wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    God bless blizzard, they've finally accepted the fact they're unable to make good games/content anymore and are instead deciding to remake/reuse old content.
    BUT just like classic they'll manage to derp it
    They fucked up Warcraft 3 Reforged badly. I hope they don’t remake anything for a very long time if this is the quality we can expect.

I am very interested in classic TBC, i couldn't be bothered with classic Vanilla because i have played 100% of it when it was current and i couldn't find motivation to do so again.

Even though, I played most of TBC in terms of PVE (with the exception of Sunwell) but i have not played arena and basically this is what i am really really interesting in doing. Playing arena in tbc environment. I got at roughly 2k rating back in the day but still i want to do that exclusively. Arena nowadays is a complete mess -at least in my eyes- very fast paced and so many classes that i feel disconnected.

So yeah i am extremely interested in TBC, but because i haven't played Classic Vanilla, i would love the option to get a fresh 58 lvl, all other option don't apply to me and lets be honest leveling all the way from level 1 up to 70 is a pain, i will do it, but still it's a pain and it wouldn't add much to the overall experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    All this classic nonsense is just rubbish.
    Taking away precious development time that could be used on retail.
    And yes, it is another team, still they could have worked on retail.
    Thanks, you!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbabyy18 View Post
    I beg to differ. I've played that stuff long ago, I want new content. Blizzard is just hopping on the "lets remake games since we have no new ideas". I don't wanna support that.

Blizzard needs to get it together already. Stand out like they did in the past.. right now they're just following in line like the rest of these lazy companies.

Sad stuff.
    The hell are you talking about? They are still making new expansions...
    Shadowlands is a pretty standard size expansion with some great ideas in there. These classic servers exist to give people who enjoyed a different time something to do/reexperience a game they loved.

I love Tales of Symphonia, it would suck if I could never go replay it again in it's truest form.

ridiculous take my guy.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I said for years (and of course many others) it's gonna happen. Most likely midway through Shadowlands, so my bet is Q3/Q4 '21.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I think it will stop at wotlk.
    Why? Most likely servers will be separate anyway. I would like to experience some expacs again. But I think in more modern expansions they should integrate achievements with retail WoW, so for example we would be able to do things like MoP legendary cloak or Mage Tower and get skins on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbabyy18 View Post

Sad stuff.
    they will never get it together, it's been years since the last good expansion.. and even that expansion wasn't as amazing as the ones before that

I heard you liked a split community so we split your already split community even more.
    What could possibly go wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why?
    I think because Cataclysm was truly cataclysmic for old wow's world.

Also, considering that in shadowlands you will be able to play in any "era"/expansion you want, it wouldn't make much sense.

Its all a steep downhill from wotlk really, i dont see them pushing any further, since the spirit of classic wanes off pretty fast after. Only thing that remains is old char models up till wod but i dont see that being a big deal.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I think because Cataclysm was truly cataclysmic for old wow's world.

Also, considering that in shadowlands you will be able to play in any "era"/expansion you want, it wouldn't make much sense.

Its all a steep downhill from wotlk really, i dont see them pushing any further, since the spirit of classic wanes off pretty fast after. Only thing that remains is old char models up till wod but i dont see that being a big deal.
    Well, my reply to you is in part of post you cut. If servers will be separate, there will be no harm in reliving some Cata nostalgia. Most likely BC will be '21, WoTLK '23, Cata '25 which feels like eternity from now. People will be bored with old stuff and there will be no need for Classic 2.0, since old servers will be working all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I hope they don't make TBC servers.
    Same, people got classic, isn't that enough wasted dev time.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait it's not April 1st yet..

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    Still waiting for Wrath servers!
    Still waiting for WoD servers!

I mean to be fair, not like anyone signed a confidentiality agreement or an NDA before opening said email.... so yeah it'll get out lol