Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzards way to suppress criticism

Blizzard has a large PR department. And a lot of loyal fans in their forums and on social media in general. Blizzard is not really able to process criticism of any kind, and also does not like fundamental criticism on their boards. To actually achieve the goal of moderating the contents of their boards, they use loyal trolls to get their agenda going. While they punish every rule violation in negative feedback with trolling and spamming infractions.

They do not infract or ban loyal trolls. Means, trolls which talk for blizzards agenda or sake. Means trolls which help blizzard to get rid of topics they do not like. These trolls know that, so they attack criticism with ad hominem posts and personal attacks up to insults.

I have seen that a lot on their game forums. And it always works in the same pattern. In special in the WoW forums they use this method, and generic reasons as like trolling and spamming to get rid of unwanted opinions.

Have you encountered this behaviour of blizzard on their game forums as well? Or have you always been treated fair?

I´m not active on the Wow Forums, so can you give a some Examples to your claims?

this is the worst garbage of a post i have ever read

And im sure you have any type of proof other then your opinion.

Every single expansion and major change when there was negative feedback (constructive feedback, not just bitching) in the past 5-6 years, Blizzard has made those theads disappear when they got to too many pages and too many good arguments and support.

The WoD content that was anounced and didn't exist, senseless class changes that benefit no one, shitty patches (WoD once again), unkept literal promises etc.

In recent years they've also implemented that godawful downvoting system, so like OP says, sometimes you'll see perfectly constructive threads, but which are unpopular opinion, with the thread message "this message was hidden because it was low rated", even though the poster is just making polite valid points.
    "I don't like this opinion so I'll show my hate for it by saying I don't like it with a shitty downvoting system! I don't have any actual arguments to post, but I'll downvote anyway like a little bitch!"

I could, if I had nothing to do, dig up many many examples, but what's the point? I know blizzard will never change, not after all the shit they've done in the past few years. You can't even call it blizzard anymore, it's just a corporate shitshow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    this is the worst garbage of a post i have ever read
    Apparently you missed his other topic, in which he was whining about how much sexier night elf feet were in vanilla.

Yes, really.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Apparently you missed his other topic, in which he was whining about how much sexier night elf feet were in vanilla.

Yes, really.
    Or his other, where he wrote a "letter" to Ion, very indignant sounding, and listed his demands that were either extremely subjective or outright wrong.

And then fought with posters that were like "dude, you posted cringe".

He even got a temp ban from it.

Why can he even still post?

Yes, really.
    It was just one example, it was not just about their feet. This is the second post I read from you on these forums, and the second post where all you do is seed drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Or his other, where he wrote a "letter" to Ion, very indignant sounding, and listed his demands that were either extremely subjective or outright wrong.

And then fought with posters that were like "dude, you posted cringe".

He even got a temp ban from it.

Why can he even still post?
    Because right to opinion? Until you get perma banned, you can post, that's how forums work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this yet another one of those, where people misunderstand deleting duplicate threads with censorship/suppression?

I remember the same thing happening with that crap with Korea. People whining how Blizzard is deleting all those threads, yet never apparently bothered to check the forums themselves. There was an active thread that had been up for hours and hours. I know, because I checked.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-03-29 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    It was just one example, it was not just about their feet. This is the second post I read from you on these forums, and the second post where all you do is seed drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Because right to opinion? Until you get perma banned, you can post, that's how forums work.
    Pretty interesting logic, considering that anybody who disagrees with him is being called out literally in the thread for being a Blizzard shill.
    He's complaining that people who don't hate Blizzard with every fiber of their being are allowed to post on the WoW Forums.

There are one or two posters here who are always present when Blizzard is criticized

10+ Year Old Account
    So don't read my posts if they hurt your feelings?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty interesting logic, considering that anybody who disagrees with him is being called out literally in the thread for being a Blizzard shill.
    He's complaining that people who don't hate Blizzard with every fiber of their being are allowed to post on the WoW Forums.
    Exactly.

Gotta love that "he has a right to his opinion, oh and he has a right to trash you if your opinion doesn't line up with his" logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Hello Gonfers second account!
    Yeah that was my guess as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit if blizzard did this.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

Gotta love that "he has a right to his opinion, oh and he has a right to trash you if your opinion doesn't line up with his" logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was my guess as well.
    look there's one
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

That's not what I read from him. Yes, he's opiniated, strongly so, possibly stemming from frustration.
    But sometimes people say things alike to what you mentioned just to vent, you have to read between the lines.
    A skill that is unfortunately being put less and less to use by people.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, this is the second (well, this is actually the third) I read from you, and where all you do is seed drama.

Every single expansion and major change when there was negative feedback (constructive feedback, not just bitching) in the past 5-6 years, Blizzard has made those theads disappear when they got to too many pages and too many good arguments and support.
    Not just that, they also allow trolls to disrupt critical threads on the official forums. And only infract violations which are against their agenda. The typical trolls which repeat their insultive attacks against those that criticize are rarely seen infracted. They post for months and years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    There are one or two posters here who are always present when Blizzard is criticized
    I have plenty of criticism for Blizzard, in particular WoW's dev team, but little patience for nonsense like 'WoW used to be for straight guys like me now its for women and gays' (which is literally a topic the OP made) and nonsense like 'blizz suppresses all criticism'.

I've posted many (and I mean many) topics on the official forums criticizing everything from loot systems to BOE-only pieces of tier sets to class changes I didn't like - and not a single one of those topics was locked or deleted or whatever.

Maybe it has something to do with presenting my criticism like a rational adult, instead of the 'OMG BLIZZ R NAZIS THEY BAN U IF U SPEEK AGAINST THEM' variety of bullshit that is commonplace on their forums (and this place).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    Blizzard has a large PR department. And a lot of loyal fans in their forums and on social media in general. Blizzard is not really able to process criticism of any kind, and also does not like fundamental criticism on their boards. To actually achieve the goal of moderating the contents of their boards, they use loyal trolls to get their agenda going. While they punish every rule violation in negative feedback with trolling and spamming infractions.

They do not infract or ban loyal trolls. Means, trolls which talk for blizzards agenda or sake. Means trolls which help blizzard to get rid of topics they do not like. These trolls know that, so they attack criticism with ad hominem posts and personal attacks up to insults.

I have seen that a lot on their game forums. And it always works in the same pattern. In special in the WoW forums they use this method, and generic reasons as like trolling and spamming to get rid of unwanted opinions.

Have you encountered this behaviour of blizzard on their game forums as well? Or have you always been treated fair?
    They use Bot accounts to outweight the mas of your input. They use Botaccounts to start offtopic in your threads. They make you mad, so a moderator is allowed to alter your message and ban you. Wowhead and also areas here are infected with these blizzard lizzards. I would not wonder if they get payed for spreading blizzard agenda only.

Even if your thread is the perfection of political correctness, they will infest that thread, make you retaliate, to then ban you. Honest discussion are not allowed in a blizzard forum and wowhead forum.

They are not intersted in whatever you state. They clearly do not need any opinion and they are not intersted in sharing these opinion. All this garbage company wants is Hype for their game. No matter its quality
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-03-29 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh noes, people disagree with me - they must be Trolls paid / encouraged / whatever by Blizzard.
    There is a difference between insults / ad hominems and disagreeing with an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    it wouldn't surprise me one bit if blizzard did this.

- - - Updated - - -

look there's one
    If by one, you mean one who doesn't give a rat's ass about you and your opinion, then you would be correct.