Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If by one, you mean one who doesn't give a rat's ass about you and your opinion, then you would be correct.
    oh jeez got me, im melting....meeeeltiiiiiing.

ride that pony white knight

BUT to stay on topic here, and not let you turn this into an insult hurling shit show, why wouldn't blizzard put anti trolls in place to shoot down things that could sway opinion against their games/company on the forums?

if i ran a huge company like that i totally would have people in place.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    Blizzard has a large PR department. And a lot of loyal fans in their forums and on social media in general. Blizzard is not really able to process criticism of any kind, and also does not like fundamental criticism on their boards. To actually achieve the goal of moderating the contents of their boards, they use loyal trolls to get their agenda going. While they punish every rule violation in negative feedback with trolling and spamming infractions.

They do not infract or ban loyal trolls. Means, trolls which talk for blizzards agenda or sake. Means trolls which help blizzard to get rid of topics they do not like. These trolls know that, so they attack criticism with ad hominem posts and personal attacks up to insults.

I have seen that a lot on their game forums. And it always works in the same pattern. In special in the WoW forums they use this method, and generic reasons as like trolling and spamming to get rid of unwanted opinions.

Have you encountered this behaviour of blizzard on their game forums as well? Or have you always been treated fair?
    Ooooor, hear me out, not as many people hate the game as the forums tend to represent and many actually enjoy it and are fed up with people trying to make the game worse than it is

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Ooooor, hear me out, not as many people hate the game as the forums tend to represent and many actually enjoy it and are fed up with people trying to make the game worse than it is
    or the more likely and logical possibility of blizzard being in line with the liberal media, the deepstate, china, and race 1033a in their attempt to cow the public into submission by uplifting humanity slowly over the course of 10000s of years and then giving them small disappointments such as an egg being slightly undercooked except its not undercooked the deep state only gets you to think it is

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I have no idea if there are more critical players or players who agree with blizzard. I just know how blizzard reacts to insults and ad hominems from critical players versus how they react to insults and ad hominems from loyal players.

Oh shit, there are people who disagree with you on the internet, how tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Insults, ad hominem and other logical fallacies are something that both sides are great at using. But maybe since you have observed this trend over a longer period, you also have a link where somebody got unjustly infracted / banned for speaking up?
    I have seen such threads, but actually have none at hand. If i find one, i will post it. The fact that trolls do answer to criticism with insults and ad hominem, tho, is very visible in the example.

Well, and you find the same trolls in other threads as well, repeating their insults. Seems, they have not faced any consequencies from being insultive.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-29 at 10:39 AM.

Considering the amount of criticism and discussion on the WoW forums, you are fake news.

I would be very interested in those examples. As I said, I do not see any insult that I would deem worthy of a ban and an ad hominem is a) not bannable and b) something that both sides use. As is irony, sarcasm etc etc...nothing of which is against the rules of a good fight with words.
    Actually, blizzard bans ad hominems, they call that "flaming". Based on the context, tho.

But how would that work? Only judging by this forum, I have yet to see somebody changing their opinion on any issue with diverse standpoints.

On the other hand, calling them "Anti Trolls" suggests that there are "Trolls"...only OP claims Blizzard is sending out the Trolls (with the irony of an example where a player with a Troll Avatar posts)

i guess "troll" wasn't the right term, i dunno, fixer maybe?

why wouldn't they have people in place to help them fight back against slander, or criticism (the derpy critics and the legitimate ones alike) to protect their asset which is the game?

as far as how it would work, i'm not sure. i mean you just have your loyal mods log into their civilian accounts i guess. i haven't worked out the details lol, i don't own an internet company. but i do know it's common business practice for people to delete harsh messages about their company.

example, my former boss would delete facebook messages from my old jobs facebook page all the time. it's a stretch, but it's of the same idea and that's my point.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Well, i would like to add that i do not think blizzard pays these trolls. Blizzard is known to exploit passion. Be it either the passion for the game or the passion for trolling.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has a large PR department. And a lot of loyal fans in their forums and on social media in general. Blizzard is not really able to process criticism of any kind, and also does not like fundamental criticism on their boards. To actually achieve the goal of moderating the contents of their boards, they use loyal trolls to get their agenda going. While they punish every rule violation in negative feedback with trolling and spamming infractions.

They do not infract or ban loyal trolls. Means, trolls which talk for blizzards agenda or sake. Means trolls which help blizzard to get rid of topics they do not like. These trolls know that, so they attack criticism with ad hominem posts and personal attacks up to insults.

I have seen that a lot on their game forums. And it always works in the same pattern. In special in the WoW forums they use this method, and generic reasons as like trolling and spamming to get rid of unwanted opinions.

Have you encountered this behaviour of blizzard on their game forums as well? Or have you always been treated fair?
    so what you're saying is that people who have a differing opinion of the game to the naysayers are all wrong and trolls...... so you're saying that ONLY your opinion is valid and anyone who disagrees is wrong? also, it's often the negative people who get angry when not everyone agrees with their point of view so they start resorting to tactics which get them banned.

Not just that, they also allow trolls to disrupt critical threads on the official forums. And only infract violations which are against their agenda. The typical trolls which repeat their insultive attacks against those that criticize are rarely seen infracted. They post for months and years.
    This has been the case since Burning Crusade.

My god, the travesty threads I would see back then.
    You would have people come discuss DPS and classes and stuff only to be shot down by trolls with arguments like "dude you can't comment your have blue gems you don't even have epic gems in your gear omg you have haste + intel instead of crit + intel" or shit like that, it was disgusting.

And like you say, these were disruptive people with 0 arguments, they were just there to create drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the puppet charade? Do you often make accounts and make them "converse" with each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some great criticism there, indeed. Quite constructive.
    Hi

Not just that, they also allow trolls to disrupt critical threads on the official forums. And only infract violations which are against their agenda. The typical trolls which repeat their insultive attacks against those that criticize are rarely seen infracted. They post for months and years.
    You really cant see the other side of this? In two different posts of yours, I have seen your replies full of vitriol and spite, lies and slander. Yst somehow its only a problem when the same shit is used when its disagreeing with you.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The trolls first trick is to make you hate it, its second is to make you think your friend is one.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    They use Bot accounts to outweight the mas of your input. They use Botaccounts to start offtopic in your threads. They make you mad, so a moderator is allowed to alter your message and ban you. Wowhead and also areas here are infected with these blizzard lizzards. I would not wonder if they get payed for spreading blizzard agenda only.

Even if your thread is the perfection of political correctness, they will infest that thread, make you retaliate, to then ban you. Honest discussion are not allowed in a blizzard forum and wowhead forum.

They are not intersted in whatever you state. They clearly do not need any opinion and they are not intersted in sharing these opinion. All this garbage company wants is Hype for their game. No matter its quality
    Holy shit, I see you have been hitting the 1984 juice.
    "Blizzard's censorship is so advanced it reaches this unofficial WoW forum, Where every other post is negative, but trust me theyre censoring every negative opinion."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Holy shit, I see you have been hitting the 1984 juice.
    "Blizzard's censorship is so advanced it reaches this unofficial WoW forum, Where every other post is negative, but trust me they are censoring every negative opinion."
    Well when that doesn't work it comes down to you are either a bot or a shill or a blind fanboy...
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-29 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well when that doesn't work it comes down to you are either a bot or a shill or a blind fanboy... Heaven forbid free thinking. People literally cannot grasp that people like things they don't (or vise versa), its alien to them :P
    I just can't believe these people are blind to the overwhelingly negative criticism Blizzard and WoW recieve on this forum, and them proceed to say that every poster here is a Blizz shill, amd in some cases, literally paid by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    I just can't believe these people are blind to the overwhelingly negative criticism Blizzard and WoW recieve on this forum, and them proceed to say that every poster here is a Blizz shill, amd in some cases, literally paid by Blizzard.
    Literally every post I see is negative about WOW (some warranted, some not). Not like Blizzard is going to shut down their own forums because people wont say anything good about them lol. :P