Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    Everything past Vanilla is bad.

Watch this video (He is 100% right)

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNF...v=9MNFWhCw8dg)

Focus on raiding actually became a curse as he said. When they catered to that small demographic and the even smaller demographic of autistic people who think MMO PVP should be a esport (and I was one of those idiots at one point), the game got ruined. I'm not saying it's all Blizzard's fault either. Loudmouths on forums are just as responsible asking for idiocy like arena. A lot of the mistakes was catering to what they thought was the majority.

TBC had too much difference in gear level, too many raids and too big a gear carousel, that isn't even worth it for pvp players because resilience was stupid. At everything else? It's a really bad MMO. World PvP doesn't exist. Community was awful outside your guild and non existent and cross realm BG's also added to this. TBC had the precursor to LFD, it's just most people didn't use it because the heroics were so darn hard at first. No Wintergrasp to try to make up for lack of wpvp. It was flawed, but at least something similar. Not alt friendly at all. Small world that sucks compared to old Azeroth and made smaller due to flying. Dailies that are done by zombies that suck to try to make up for the fact they killed organic content that happened on the way to dungeons without flight or farming in the world. Again I'm not saying WOTLK is a great MMO, it just does all these dumb minigames better than TBC.

Vanilla WoW was more than just a PVE raiding game, its about WORLD and organic content. TBC isn't. It's small, limited and shallow.
    TBC > Vanilla. objective fact no further discussion needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Vanilla servers will be scary place once even Classic community will move on to TBC.
    I was looking forward to classic to play SLSL lock, sadly that didn't come till BC so I will be one of those moving on to TBC servers
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The only thing I can say I 'dislike' about TBC was how it pretty much turned the old world into a place that didn't matter a whole lot anymore. A trend that continued for every expansion after it. Pretty much you just bunch up in a small little cluster of zones for the expansion and the rest of the game is next to forgotten. I really wish that trend wasn't set in TBC although I do have a certain understanding of why the choice was made at the time. As for the rest of the expansion all I can say is really good things. It pretty much takes vanilla and *expands* upon it. Which is actually not how most of the expansions in WoW go anymore. Most of them try to gut everything that was and replace it with all the new even if they are similar systems.

Raids in Vanilla were incredibly basic and dull, so your opinion is mute. TBC craps on Vanilla easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Raids in Vanilla were incredibly basic and dull, so your opinion is mute. TBC craps on Vanilla easy.
    Moot.

Here's some text so I don't get infracted for two things - I've already got one target on my back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    TBC > Vanilla. objective fact no further discussion needed.
    The sun is hot. This is a fact.

Trees are made of wood. This is a fact.

TBC > Vanilla. This is an opinion.

The difference is subtle, but it's there.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

It's small, limited and shallow.

Just like yourself!

Why is this even a topic of conversation? You have a classic server, this is not a point of contention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The only thing I can say I 'dislike' about TBC was how it pretty much turned the old world into a place that didn't matter a whole lot anymore. A trend that continued for every expansion after it. Pretty much you just bunch up in a small little cluster of zones for the expansion and the rest of the game is next to forgotten. I really wish that trend wasn't set in TBC although I do have a certain understanding of why the choice was made at the time. As for the rest of the expansion all I can say is really good things. It pretty much takes vanilla and *expands* upon it. Which is actually not how most of the expansions in WoW go anymore. Most of them try to gut everything that was and replace it with all the new even if they are similar systems.
    Until they decimated their own game in cata at least you still experienced the classic content with new toons. Cataclysm is what downgraded the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    AFAIK he was still very competitive in pro scene when he came back. Assuming pro players were stupid back in Vanilla is just wrong.
    yeah he was really competitive on gorefiend with over 600 wipes or more,i forget

Everything past Vanilla is bad.

Watch this video (He is 100% right)

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNF...v=9MNFWhCw8dg)

Focus on raiding actually became a curse as he said. When they catered to that small demographic and the even smaller demographic of autistic people who think MMO PVP should be a esport (and I was one of those idiots at one point), the game got ruined. I'm not saying it's all Blizzard's fault either. Loudmouths on forums are just as responsible asking for idiocy like arena. A lot of the mistakes was catering to what they thought was the majority.

TBC had too much difference in gear level, too many raids and too big a gear carousel, that isn't even worth it for pvp players because resilience was stupid. At everything else? It's a really bad MMO. World PvP doesn't exist. Community was awful outside your guild and non existent and cross realm BG's also added to this. TBC had the precursor to LFD, it's just most people didn't use it because the heroics were so darn hard at first. No Wintergrasp to try to make up for lack of wpvp. It was flawed, but at least something similar. Not alt friendly at all. Small world that sucks compared to old Azeroth and made smaller due to flying. Dailies that are done by zombies that suck to try to make up for the fact they killed organic content that happened on the way to dungeons without flight or farming in the world. Again I'm not saying WOTLK is a great MMO, it just does all these dumb minigames better than TBC.

Vanilla WoW was more than just a PVE raiding game, its about WORLD and organic content. TBC isn't. It's small, limited and shallow.
    vanilla WoW is terrible, no balance, no challenging content, just long boring grinds, it was good in its time but as games have evolved we need more to keep entertained.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    vanilla WoW is terrible, no balance, no challenging content, just long boring grinds, it was good in its time but as games have evolved we need more to keep entertained.
    A lot of people find the treadmill, scaling content, numerous difficulty level design of modern WoW to be significantly more grindy than classic. A lot of people don’t find challenging content very interesting if you’ve already competed the same content on faceroll difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

And balance is an overrated terrible concept that has resulted in Retail wow ripping every bit of identity out of every class and turning every toolkit into a homogenous lump.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not do this whole Game vs Game thing that keeps coming up, and also insulting people right in your opener is not the way to go.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)