Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Simple:

It's not necessary. If it's not necessary, why do it?

You can get from 1 to max without ever hitting the interrupt button, so at what point would you decide you need to use it? The answer is never, so they don't learn.

Then you get to max and interrupting becomes important, and everyone complains that no one knows how to interrupt.

It's almost like the early levels are supposed to teach you how to play the game, but people complained that takes too long so it got dumbed down to the point that nobody learns anything from the leveling process. :thinkingemoji:
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Simple:

You can get from 1 to max without ever hitting the interrupt button, so at what point would you decide you need to use it? The answer is never, so they don't learn.

Then you get to max and interrupting becomes important, and everyone complains that no one knows how to interrupt.

It's almost like the early levels are supposed to teach you how to play the game, but people complained that takes too long so it got dumbed down to the point that nobody learns anything from the leveling process. :thinkingemoji:
    Perfectly described problem and then effect my dude.
    Short and exactly on point post.
    We need more of these.
    Clap

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Yeah it got old for me at BFA launch, like I posted before. Keep the lack or reading comprehension coming lol. Besides, he asked if I ever ran a key, not if I got the pointless achievements no one cares about because they earn them after they're all over geared.
    dude you've done no mythic raiding, haven't even timed a 10 and you're 1300 in 2s.

No wonder you don't like the game - you're not even playing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I do not agree.
    If someone wants to learn the game, they will, and interrupting is one of the first things these people learn. If they don't want to learn, they won't regardless of the situation or what's thrown at them.

Yeah... You totally have to be MDI player to use your interrupts... sure i gues.
    ​Obvious exaggeration not obvious enough I guess. Not everyone takes this game seriously, nor do they have to, but elitists seem to think they should.

I do not agree again.
    Let's see a video of people clearing a dungeon without doing damage or healing in any way. I'll wait. I'm guessing you thought I meant DPS/Healing as in classes that fill that role, but I did not.

I mean hard enrages after X amount of time not the interruptable ones.
    This is also what I meant, and exactly what makes proper DPS necessary.

Check how many videos are now on YT of soloing M+ or even current raid (!) bosses as a tank.
    Pretty much anytime a current raid boss is soloable, it's due to a glitch or some kind of "clever use of game mechanics" (like paladin's talent that let them solo the Portal boss in Antorus) or because people massively overgear the content. Massively overgearing makes up a lot for lack of self sustainability, and even then that doesn't change the fact that (most) tanks in WoD were literal unstoppable tanks even without healers, and that is not so much the case now.

Wow... that sounds like interrupting is some very high skill based technique that only +10yrs experienced palyers can use.
    Well... i do not think so.
    Odd way to interpret "You don't need to try until actual hard content", but OK.

Not sure what exactly xpack it was (WoD i think?) but you literally had to finish silver Proving Grounds to sign on LFG tool. You had to use interrupts here.
    So sad it is no longer required.
    Except you didn't, silver PGs were easier than base dungeons.

It is no problem with OP.
    It is problem with playerbase used to be bad due not learing anything before raiding and M+.
    It's a problem when the OP has solutions to his problem that he refuses to use. It's like... "I'm thirsty!" "Well there's some water right here" "Nah I don't want water, so I'm just going to keep complaining instead of solving this problem for myself with the tools right in front of me".

Not everyone.
    ​Once again obvious exaggeration not obvious enough.
    /10charsectect

Holy shit I can't believe the number of people saying shit like "lols it's a DPS loss to interrupt something that does 50k damage". Are you people considering M0 to be the endgame or something? Interrupts are the difference between a smooth 3 chest run and an unbearably painful 1 chest run. Try healing something and you'll see all of the idiots just standing in shit and how fucking much it really slows down the dungeon when everyone isn't contributing to the best of their ability. The whole "someone else will do it" mentality is the same kind of shit that we deal with during elections, "oh, surely everyone else will vote so I don't have to". It's just stupid lol.

Interrupt and your healers will be able to deal damage. There's a reason that all of the top M+ healers deal 20k+ DPS overall for a run while when running with pugs it's difficult to even have enough time to heal sometimes because of idiots taking unnecessary damage. When everyone is doing their job there's less damage going out and everyone can contribute damage, making the entire process go more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Becuase we've got dogshit content like LFR and LFG where people do not learn anything.

And holy shit... some people in this thread are really defending not interrupting, lol.
    You can also do not dps since it is not that needed before enrage or heal since tank passives will handle it.
    Nice thinking.
    People don't learn things, because they don't want to learn them, not because of LFR and LFG. You probably didn't know, but back in Cata blizzard tried ramping up difficulty of dungeons, you think people "learned" all of the sudden? Nope, they complained and stopped doing dungeons.

You should stop being so binary in this discussion, like, there is only two options, to interrupt everything, or to not interrupt everything. Currently there is, like, two dungeons on tyrannical week that require interrupt rotation on bosses. On trash tho? Nope, there are some dangerous packs that usually skipped or bursted through with chain stuns (like priests with inner fire in tol dagor, assassins in motherlode with thier flechettess ), but not interrupting, say, heal of refreshment vendors in motherlode, because you want to save your interrupt for spritzer, but turns out that DH was doing exactly that so you end up not using your interrupt this time is not a problem that'll lead to a wipe. Now when next week with bolstering will hit - sure, interrupting trash with powerful nukes is much important, because some spellcasters can take away 60% health of a damage dealer, and sometimes there are two spellcasters, and sometimes they cast on the same target, so there is always a threat of someone being instagibbed if no CC or interrupts are applied.

And if you don't DPS mobs simply get another round of casting while your team has interrupts and CC on CD, it's very important to kill dangerous mobs during initial CC. Imagine focusing on interrupting coven witches instead of DPSing them in 15+ tyrannical? Yeah, good luck with that.

Problem with posts like OP - he isn't telling us a whole story, saying things like "there was 0 interrupts" simply hard to believe, more likely there were interrupts but he didn't noticed them. Or he's trying to justify his poor healing/tanking by switching blame to DPS who didn't interrupt direct damage abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Simple:

1-120 is not the only time people have to learn the game. Anyone interested in playing the game properly will spend time and research outside of the game and learn to do it properly, regardless of how many times they did it while leveling. If someone isn't interested in learning/playing the game properly, they won't. It's that simple. It's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with people not wanting to put in effort. Games do not have to hold your hand and teach you everything, a lot of times the fun parts of games is figuring out the things they don't tell you.

You barely even need to play to reach max level these days, so why ask that? And ofc, very few people actually do challenging content.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Honestly, I don't interrupt anytime I do anything below a +10 typically, because sometimes it's nice to be lazy and relax
    Hand me your b-tag so I dont accidentally queue with you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    People don't learn things, because they don't want to learn them, not because of LFR and LFG. You probably didn't know, but back in Cata blizzard tried ramping up difficulty of dungeons, you think people "learned" all of the sudden? Nope, they complained and stopped doing dungeons.

You should stop being so binary in this discussion, like, there is only two options, to interrupt everything, or to not interrupt everything. Currently there is, like, two dungeons on tyrannical week that require interrupt rotation on bosses. On trash tho? Nope, there are some dangerous packs that usually skipped or bursted through with chain stuns (like priests with inner fire in tol dagor, assassins in motherlode with thier flechettess ), but not interrupting, say, heal of refreshment vendors in motherlode, because you want to save your interrupt for spritzer, but turns out that DH was doing exactly that so you end up not using your interrupt this time is not a problem that'll lead to a wipe. Now when next week with bolstering will hit - sure, interrupting trash with powerful nukes is much important, because some spellcasters can take away 60% health of a damage dealer, and sometimes there are two spellcasters, and sometimes they cast on the same target, so there is always a threat of someone being instagibbed if no CC or interrupts are applied.

And if you don't DPS mobs simply get another round of casting while your team has interrupts and CC on CD, it's very important to kill dangerous mobs during initial CC. Imagine focusing on interrupting coven witches instead of DPSing them in 15+ tyrannical? Yeah, good luck with that.

Problem with posts like OP - he isn't telling us a whole story, saying things like "there was 0 interrupts" simply hard to believe, more likely there were interrupts but he didn't noticed them. Or he's trying to justify his poor healing/tanking by switching blame to DPS who didn't interrupt direct damage abilities.
    Holy shit, someone with some sense here. Finally. We can suffer together as we futility try to explain to these people that this situation is not at all black and white like they seem to think.

1-120 is not the only time people have to learn the game. Anyone interested in playing the game properly will spend time and research outside of the game and learn to do it properly, regardless of how many times they did it while leveling. If someone isn't interested in learning/playing the game properly, they won't. It's that simple. It's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with people not wanting to put in effort. Games do not have to hold your hand and teach you everything, a lot of times the fun parts of games is figuring out the things they don't tell you.
    Of course the game shouldnt hold your hand, but you also shouldnt have a choice in this. If you dont wanna learn all of that then you shouldnt be able to play the content that requires that skill.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

I'll have to rephrase a bit to get my point across. A lot of runs have players who appear to not be interrupting on things like damage meters, which is the only tool that like 90% of the population use. Sometimes if you dig deeper in logs you'll find things like people interrupting the wrong spells (which can happen for various reasons once again) and thus it's on CD for proper abilities, or in pugs especially you get people who all blow their interrupt on the first cast and then none are up for the following. I've actually made a habit of always interrupting second if I have to pug, and it helps immensely.

Casters lose DPS if they have to interrupt. In any group they should be the last line of defense for various reasons, if you want to run things "properly" like everyone in this thread seems to want, as a caster you shouldn't interrupt when a melee has an interrupt and is in range, unless a rotation gets messed up and announced since you're the back up or if you're in said rotation. But most pugs don't have rotations or even communicate at all, so you get people like the OP bitching about lack of interrupts when it's entirely likely people were trying to play properly. All three melee waste an interrupt on the first cast because no coordination, then the mage skips the second cast because three melee should have it covered, and since the mage expects the spell to be interrupted at .5 seconds or so (because that's proper!) they don't react even when it almost goes off. Everyone "did their job", but you just wiped, and suddenly the healer is all like "Why did no one interrupt y'all are scrubs" and posts on the forums like this.

I don't interrupt in low content, because it's not needed and I don't see the point in putting in effort when it's not needed. Unless you're carrying a healer I guess but that's not what this thread is about.
    Ingame damage meters also don't track interrupts via CC, so when someone would want to find a "reason" why they wiped he could easily poke into "interrupts" window, link it into a group chat and spam "SEE? THAT'S WHY WE WIPE!" completely ignoring the fact that only one cast went off, while all other casts were interrupted with CC, but because it's a fucking pug everyone blasted their interrupts into nothing since nobody expected CC.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Hand me your b-tag so I dont accidentally queue with you then.
    You won't don't worry, I don't have a 2.7k r.IO for that +6 you're trying to run, just a measly 2.4 sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Ingame damage meters also don't track interrupts via CC, so when someone would want to find a "reason" why they wiped he could easily poke into "interrupts" window, link it into a group chat and spam "SEE? THAT'S WHY WE WIPE!" completely ignoring the fact that only one cast went off, while all other casts were interrupted with CC, but because it's a fucking pug everyone blasted their interrupts into nothing since nobody expected CC.
    Good point, I didn't even think of that.

I honestly think the biggest thing that happens in pugs is just overlapping interrupts due to lack of coordination, but people will never see this because they just rely on the minimal data they get from addons and not the actual data they can find in logs.

Simple:

You can get from 1 to max without spells on your bars, using just autoattacks, but you don't see people do that. You can also get from 1 to max without ever using a hearthstone, but you don't see people do that. You also can get from 1 to max without ever picking your talent specialization, but you know what? This logic of "people don't do X because they aren't forced to do it" is just ridiculous.

In this case, the tank is bad. The added information changes the situation drastically, and that's exactly the problem in this thread, people are just assuming before even having the proper information. I'm not trying to "bring people on the path of kumbaya", whatever that means, I'm simply trying to get people to think a little bit and not fly off immediately and make massive assumptions. In plenty of situations there are people who simple don't interrupt, even when they can and know they can. But there are also a lot of situations where that isn't the case, people like to simply look at whatever damage meter they're using and act as if it's gospel, but 5 minutes reading a log could potentially change the situation entirely in terms of who is actually bad and not doing their job.
    you do realize that not everyone will eloquently describe their scenario?

maybe you are assuming about them assuming?

in the end. interrupting takes nothing. and if someone doesnt do it then they might not be lousy, but they 100% will not be good or ok. leaving some really sucky choices.

great | good | ok | bad | lousy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Holy shit I can't believe the number of people saying shit like "lols it's a DPS loss to interrupt something that does 50k damage". Are you people considering M0 to be the endgame or something? Interrupts are the difference between a smooth 3 chest run and an unbearably painful 1 chest run. Try healing something and you'll see all of the idiots just standing in shit and how fucking much it really slows down the dungeon when everyone isn't contributing to the best of their ability. The whole "someone else will do it" mentality is the same kind of shit that we deal with during elections, "oh, surely everyone else will vote so I don't have to". It's just stupid lol.

Interrupt and your healers will be able to deal damage. There's a reason that all of the top M+ healers deal 20k+ DPS overall for a run while when running with pugs it's difficult to even have enough time to heal sometimes because of idiots taking unnecessary damage. When everyone is doing their job there's less damage going out and everyone can contribute damage, making the entire process go more quickly.
    i do think thats the crux of it all.

everyone whos posting "oH iTz nOt SuCH a BiG DeAl" has probably never healed lol.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Of course the game shouldnt hold your hand, but you also shouldnt have a choice in this. If you dont wanna learn all of that then you shouldnt be able to play the content that requires that skill.
    People who can't/won't interrupt don't make it to the actual difficult content.

I'll have to rephrase a bit to get my point across. A lot of runs have players who appear to not be interrupting on things like damage meters, which is the only tool that like 90% of the population use. Sometimes if you dig deeper in logs you'll find things like people interrupting the wrong spells (which can happen for various reasons once again) and thus it's on CD for proper abilities, or in pugs especially you get people who all blow their interrupt on the first cast and then none are up for the following. I've actually made a habit of always interrupting second if I have to pug, and it helps immensely.
    Casters not interrupting is not a news, I fully understand that and if I know something will get hard, I will ask for mage to do it. I am talking about mainly melee dps. I am not talking about wasting their interrupt on avoidable cast and missing an interrupt for healing cast. I am talking about not using it at all or just few times. In ML you have two or three mobs who cast in every pull, but u can occasionally see a warrior who only has done 6 interrupts whole dungeon. Some of the casts only do a 10-15% of hp, mostly can be mitigated by self healing, but my holy pala instead of doing 60% of dps damage now has to top me up because casts just tick me down while dps looses nothing for just clicking that keybind. Literally nothing. I am a bit biased here, because I have some good friends of mine, who don't interrupt because "I used stun on x" or "the cast does not do damage" - I don't care, it's a horrible practice for higher keys and very much not needed stress for the healer. They have to deal with ppl eating things from beyond already. It's basically refusing to use class potential. It's like a hunter picking binding shot and then when u ask for it during necro they don't have it on the key binds. I might be expecting too much, but using the basic toolkit... not that hard. I am not asking to know advanced dps rotations or semi-unknown skips in dungeons. I mean, knowing rotation is something you have to look up but using a utility spell is something you can do after reading a tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    you do realize that not everyone will eloquently describe their scenario?

maybe you are assuming about them assuming?

in the end. interrupting takes nothing. and if someone doesnt do it then they might not be lousy, but they 100% will not be good or ok. leaving some really sucky choices.

great | good | ok | bad | lousy
    If you're trying to have a discussion/debate on a topic (especially online) but only use anecdotal evidence and minimal amounts of details then people have every right to call out the bullshit you decide to present. Just look at our own discussion. When you just said "The tank refused to interrupt" well, that doesn't tell us anything about the players level of skill, at all, because we don't know why, or if he even actually REFUSED, because there's no details. Suddenly when you gave a more full scope, we can make an accurate assessment and it turns out that yes, the tank did indeed refuse, and thus is a bad player.

This isn't black and white, there are plenty of solid players who miss interrupts for a ton of reasons. Even Method and other world first guilds make mistakes and miss interrupts from time to time. Some people have bad days. A lot of people overlap interrupts in pugs. A ton of solid players don't interrupt when it's not needed, IE low M+ or old raids. It's not as simple as "no interrupts you're bad".

And interrupting absolutely does not "take nothing". It's another layer of focus for a lot of people, and a large reason people have issues with it, because it's an added layer they typically don't have in their normal day to day WoWing. Some people are bad at multi tasking, and that added layer is just enough to make them miss sight of it because they're focusing on their rotation/positioning ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    better that 3 interrupt at the same time than nobody interrupting when the tanks interrupt is on cd....
    The problem with this is if everyone tries to interrupt at the same time, everyone could be on CD. That is the point of many people. Communicate!
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Casters not interrupting is not a news, I fully understand that and if I know something will get hard, I will ask for mage to do it. I am talking about mainly melee dps. I am not talking about wasting their interrupt on avoidable cast and missing an interrupt for healing cast. I am talking about not using it at all or just few times. In ML you have two or three mobs who cast in every pull, but u can occasionally see a warrior who only has done 6 interrupts whole dungeon. Some of the casts only do a 10-15% of hp, mostly can be mitigated by self healing, but my holy pala instead of doing 60% of dps damage now has to top me up because casts just tick me down while dps looses nothing for just clicking that keybind. Literally nothing. I am a bit biased here, because I have some good friends of mine, who don't interrupt because "I used stun on x" or "the cast does not do damage" - I don't care, it's a horrible practice for higher keys and very much not needed stress for the healer. They have to deal with ppl eating things from beyond already. It's basically refusing to use class potential. It's like a hunter picking binding shot and then when u ask for it during necro they don't have it on the key binds. I might be expecting too much, but using the basic toolkit... not that hard. I am not asking to know advanced dps rotations or semi-unknown skips in dungeons. I mean, knowing rotation is something you have to look up but using a utility spell is something you can do after reading a tooltip.
    Not interrupting for higher keys is indeed an awful practice and your friends sound like bad players for refusing to do so. My entire point is that most of the time, in pugs especially, we don't know why interrupts didn't happen unless you dig through a log, and guess how many people do that? Not many. You say the warrior only had 6 interrupts the entire dungeon, how many attempted interrupts did he have? How many times did he CAST his interrupt, compared to how many times it actually did the job? How many times did his Shockwave, an AoE stun, interrupt mobs? How many times did he LoS a cast and "interrupt" it?

This stuff isn't black and white and as simple as "He had 4 interrupts on my meter he bad"

Edit: I can add another one. Player A lets a cast wind down a bit before interrupting, player B does it as soon as they can react. Player A is playing "properly" but wastes a lot of interrupts to player B, who is playing "improperly" and interrupting earlier. People then assume player A is bad because your damage meter only shows him with 5 interrupts compared to player B's 15, when in actuality player A is actually the better player.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-03-31 at 11:27 AM.