Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    This is what happens when literally the entire game outside of high level raids and M+ is braindead easy. There hasn't been a reason to learn how to interrupt since, like, Cataclysm unless you're doing those two activities. Or PVP, I guess.
    The need for interrupts have gone up since Cata, not down.

    Cata was the first expansion that required strict interrupt rotations that would result in a wipe if failed ON TOP of the rest of the encounter. There were fights in the earlier expansions that required interrupts, but back then the interrupt rotation was the only/main mechanic of the fight, while in Cata and later, they were just added difficulty on top of the regular encounter.

    The rise of M+ as something a lot of people participate in, has also increased the need for interrupts massively, if that wasn't obvious.


    There had never been a need for interrupts outside of the endgame anyway, so not sure why you would bring that up.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  2. #282
    Brewmaster TheVaryag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Blackrock Foundry
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    Because nobody learns anything when they level anymore, game doesn't encourage It at all unlike when we were leveling and things were harder and you had to Interrupt, stun, cc and everything.

    And I don't blame the players -that- much, I blame WoW for It the most. You fought a boss, you knew you had to Interrupt something.... like, If you were fighting in Alcatraz that four armed demon chick, you knew you had to Interrupt the Gift and the Heal she does, or if you have someone to decurse you let them decurse the gift and then you only interrupt the heal... It's easy, and you may shit on older dungeons but atleast they taught you how to Interrupt and I laugh my ass off watching new players do Timewalking and loosing their shit when they die of unknown reasons to bosses like that It's so hilarious...

    But yeah the game's fault 80 % so
    Banned on WoW since April 2015 because Blizzard doesn't wanna help me when my account got hacked, Is being hacked not a good reason to return my account to me, Blizzard? I'm looking to speak to representatives and members of Blizzard's CS and other departments to help me fix this situation, since CS has failed me I want to seek other official channels. Feel free to message about this

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Because nobody learns anything when they level anymore, game doesn't encourage It at all unlike when we were leveling and things were harder and you had to Interrupt, stun, cc and everything.
    This whole fallacy where players actually learned things while leveling in the "good old days" is a bit silly.

    I used to raidlead and GM a guild in vanilla and the amount of people who asked to join us, but had never ever set a single talentpoint, or were even aware that the talent tree existed at lvl 60 was not insignificant. We also had tanks who could only tank one target at a time, building threat on multiple targets was somehow completely impossible concept to learn.

    The people who want to improve, look up that information on their own and learn.
    Players who are not built that way - just simply don't do it, no matter how much the game will try to teach them.

    The people who want to improve and push M+ will automatically learn the value of CC, interrupts and stuns, because they are interested in pushing M+.
    The people who are not, won't learn any of it. Because they're not interested to learn.

    Running keys requires coordination. Just "know when to interrupt" results in 3 dps burning their interrupts at the first cast and the two other high-prio kicks in the pull go through. Higher keys require you to coordinate who interrupts what and when. It's not a skill that game can teach while leveling. It's something you realize and learn if and when you're interested in improving your performance and moving towards higher keys.
    Last edited by ComplexSignal; 2020-03-31 at 04:13 PM.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You claim to be doing m+, but fail to realize that 450 is easily replaced and its nigh pointless to enchant/gem it.

    Something doesnt seem right (and it's not just your misplaced elitism).

    - - - Updated - - -



    Notice how you choose to not mention what the tank was? Or how many of the dps's kicks were sniped by the tank?

    Maybe I'm just playing prot pally wrong. Should I not throw my shield so you can feel better about your kick count? It's not like I utilize the mitigating from it, or the damage, or the threat. I obviously only use it to keep the dps's kick count low so you cant make raging shit posts.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, but they need someone to blame. So they pick the other people in group.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you learned how to kick before max level, you would have had more than 9 kicks when the tank had "70"...

    Or did that never actually happen? (Pst.. that's rhetorical)
    Dude i enchant leveling its a minimal effort for a decent dps increase . Not spending 5 min fixing your gear shows youre a fucktard. I bring food flasks and gem\enchants with me att all times so im ready. Calling it elitsm just proves you don't understand what that means and most likely you can't manage any difficult content thoose are the only people screeming elitism when being called out on not doing fundamentals.

  5. #285
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    you can't be doing any challenging content at all then...
    ranged interrupt is double the cooldown of melee interrupt.
    also some clsasses like DH have a bonus for interruopting
    warlocks also cant intterupt unless thery take a specific pet, which is a nerf for some specs/fights

    so some people get used to not interrupting.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Exactly. And that's been my issue with this thread, and typically any like it. No one can actually answer the OP's question, so threads like this simply become a bash fest when in actuality most people have absolutely no idea why their run went the way it did. All it does is let people inflate their own egos by talking about how amazing they are and giving anecdotal stories about M+ runs where they totally carried the entire run because everyone but them was useless!
    But this just means you're misreading OP's question.

    As I said: OP's question is straightforward. "How can there be so many players at max level who don't know how to interrupt?"

    Well, if the only criteria we have is them being max level, it's quite easy to see. Max level doesn't teach you that interrupting is necessary. Endgame does. Hence, max level players don't learn to interrupt until they get to a relative form of endgame, which only a very surprisingly few do. (Even among those are those who have been carried, paid for carries, or lucked out and got in during a time when no interrupts were necessary.)

    Thus, only a surprisingly few max level players know how to interrupt. It directly answers the OP's question, with reasoning.

    If you want to ADD to that question, that's your perogative - But you're adding hypotheticals that we don't have reasoning or data for, so we can't correlate it to anything, and thus, can't prove what we're saying holds any weight. But given the criteria the OP gave us, we do actually have something to work with - Max level players. Max level players have to go from 1-120. Thus, we can look at levels 1-120 and determine, hey, there's absolutely no need to interrupt at all during these levels.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-04-04 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  7. #287
    It worked in Classic and any other expansion. (hc) Dungeons might have been a bit harder from time to time, but at some point the power gap is so enourmous that one player carries an entire dungeon in trivial content so you're basically forced to not care at all.

  8. #288
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But this just means you're misreading OP's question.

    As I said: OP's question is straightforward. "How can there be so many players at max level who don't know how to interrupt?"

    Well, if the only criteria we have is them being max level, it's quite easy to see. Max level doesn't teach you that interrupting is necessary. Endgame does. Hence, max level players don't learn to interrupt until they get to a relative form of endgame, which only a very surprisingly few do. (Even among those are those who have been carried, paid for carries, or lucked out and got in during a time when no interrupts were necessary.)

    Thus, only a surprisingly few max level players know how to interrupt. It directly answers the OP's question, with reasoning.

    If you want to ADD to that question, that's your perogative - But you're adding hypotheticals that we don't have reasoning or data for, so we can't correlate it to anything, and thus, can't prove what we're saying holds any weight. But given the criteria the OP gave us, we do actually have something to work with - Max level players. Max level players have to go from 1-120. Thus, we can look at levels 1-120 and determine, hey, there's absolutely no need to interrupt at all during these levels.
    This has already been addressed many times in this thread. The lack of interrupting while leveling isn't the issue. It's a simple matter of player motivation. Players who want to play the game well and push hard content will spend a little time to research and learn, players who don't, won't. Most people read their new skills, new players especially as everything is new and shiny and cool, and they're so sparse these days so I imagine any new skill is like "Oh sweet what's this!?". In fact I'd guess new MMO players are more likely to learn interrupts than older players, like WoW players before the days they were so necessary, because it's fun to play around with new tools and such, where as old players never had to use interrupts like we do now, and they simply got use to it and don't want to learn.

    And actually, the OPs question is "often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?

    Again, no one can answer this question. Because no one except the individual is aware of whether they actually know how to interrupt, or why they didn't interrupt. We lack the data. We don't actually know if people literally don't know how to interrupt. The OP asked a question no one can actually answer, likely knowing full well that no one can, and in a way that opens the thread up to just be a jerkfest for people and their leet interrupting skills and 3.3k r.IO that they totally have. It's already basically a humble brag to begin with, because his awareness of the issue implies that he isn't part of it, and therefore he is "good" at the game. And it just snowballs from there, and the internet doesn't really need more places for people to inflate their egos.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-04-04 at 10:52 AM.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This has already been addressed many times in this thread. The lack of interrupting while leveling isn't the issue. It's a simple matter of player motivation. Players who want to play the game well and push hard content will spend a little time to research and learn, players who don't, won't. Most people read their new skills, new players especially as everything is new and shiny and cool, and they're so sparse these days so I imagine any new skill is like "Oh sweet what's this!?". In fact I'd guess new MMO players are more likely to learn interrupts than older players, like WoW players before the days they were so necessary, because it's fun to play around with new tools and such, where as old players never had to use interrupts like we do now, and they simply got use to it and don't want to learn.

    And actually, the OPs question is "often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?

    Again, no one can answer this question. Because no one except the individual is aware of whether they actually know how to interrupt, or why they didn't interrupt. We lack the data. We don't actually know if people literally don't know how to interrupt. The OP asked a question no one can actually answer, likely knowing full well that no one can, and in a way that opens the thread up to just be a jerkfest for people and their leet interrupting skills and 3.3k r.IO that they totally have. It's already basically a humble brag to begin with, because his awareness of the issue implies that he isn't part of it, and therefore he is "good" at the game. And it just snowballs from there, and the internet doesn't really need more places for people to inflate their egos.
    Choosing not to read the title because it doesn't fit your argument isn't a great way to argue a point.

    Both title and body are important to a message. OP's question specifically states "max level players." Arguing anything other than "max level players" enters far too much of a realm of speculation to get anywhere, hence why I am not entertaining the thought.

    Feel free to keep typing walls of text that don't answer the OP's question, but that's all they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    It worked in Classic and any other expansion. (hc) Dungeons might have been a bit harder from time to time, but at some point the power gap is so enourmous that one player carries an entire dungeon in trivial content so you're basically forced to not care at all.
    Players who are interested in learning, learn.
    Players who are not interested in learning, don't learn.

    That's about it.

  11. #291
    Honestly modern wow does not require you to learn anything as long as you stay out of Mythic Dungeons/raids and PVP.

    Everything else in wow can be done with just your basic 3 dps abilities spammed over and over...
    BORING AF and kind of a shame when compared to how it was in vanilla/tbc where even basic mobs were powerful as*holes.
    BfA = second worst product ever made by Blizzard.
    War3 Reforged took the title for worst product.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    The majority of EVERYone knows how to interrupt, not specifically DPS.

    The issue is, most people don't give a flying fuck to push it / aren't paying attention / on the deeps front, don't want to lose those high numbers from interrupting
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

    Haters gonna hate

  13. #293
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Choosing not to read the title because it doesn't fit your argument isn't a great way to argue a point.

    Both title and body are important to a message. OP's question specifically states "max level players." Arguing anything other than "max level players" enters far too much of a realm of speculation to get anywhere, hence why I am not entertaining the thought.

    Feel free to keep typing walls of text that don't answer the OP's question, but that's all they are.
    The title and the actual question are both basically the same, that was just there to be pedantic. But the title is just that, a title, and the body is suppose to be, you know, the actual substance that you discuss.

    I don't think I ever specified the level of players in my post when talking about people who can and can't interrupt, given that the subject was about max level players I suppose that was implied. Any talk about leveling players and such was simply in response to your own thoughts on that.

    And again, my argument is that no once can answer this question, because no one can even know if a player truly doesn't know how to interrupt or if they're just lazy/bad/whatever. It was a pointless thread to begin with that was just going to devolve into a r.IO jerkfest.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The title and the actual question are both basically the same, that was just there to be pedantic. But the title is just that, a title, and the body is suppose to be, you know, the actual substance that you discuss.

    I don't think I ever specified the level of players in my post when talking about people who can and can't interrupt, given that the subject was about max level players I suppose that was implied. Any talk about leveling players and such was simply in response to your own thoughts on that.

    And again, my argument is that no once can answer this question, it was a pointless thread to begin with that was just going to devolve into a r.IO jerkfest.
    Except that it can only do that if you enter into the realm of speculation that I've been purposely avoiding with you.

    It's that simple. Talk about the topic, which you should get from both title and body of the post, and we won't have that problem. Comprende?

    Max level players don't interrupt because they never needed to prior. Even if they learned, there was no reason to. So why would they? It doesn't benefit them until after max level. Thus, people who have done nothing but reach max level are very likely to not know how to interrupt.

    It's very direct and straightforward.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  15. #295
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except that it can only do that if you enter into the realm of speculation that I've been purposely avoiding with you.

    It's that simple. Talk about the topic, and we won't have that problem. Comprende?
    Without data, all you can do is speculate. And what do we lack? Hrm.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    because

    - you never ever need it in the whole leveling process bc braindead aoe everything ?
    - some ppl even do not put that spells on their bar cause of statement above
    - you can boost your character instant to max level with money ?
    - you are not rewarded by using it in 90% of the game ?

    dont get me wrong, in reality i am the same opinion like you. but tbh, the game not really encourages the (new) player to understand interupt concepts and use spells accordingly. and in 90% of the game NOTHING happens, if you do not use it. in the worst case you blame the healer that ppl are dead, lol.

    so, how will the game teach players to use it ? i personally totally can understand why players of a dumb game are... dumb.

  17. #297
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Max level players don't interrupt because they never needed to prior. Even if they learned, there was no reason to. So why would they? It doesn't benefit them until after max level. Thus, people who have done nothing but reach max level are very likely to not know how to interrupt.

    It's very direct and straightforward.
    Not interrupting and not knowing how/not learning how are very different things. A lot of people know and understand the basics of the game but fail to execute for a variety of reasons. I've already given a possible alternative to your claim about leveling being the issue, you seem to have simply ignored it so I won't waste my time retyping it.

    But regardless, the question isn't why players don't interrupt, it's why are there so many who don't/didn't learn, and I'd be willing to bet there are very very few players who literally don't know what an interrupt is/does, and we'll never know why until we ask them. Until then, we're both just speculating.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Not interrupting and not knowing how/not learning how are very different things. A lot of people know and understand the basics of the game but fail to execute for a variety of reasons. I've already given a possible alternative to your claim about leveling being the issue, you seem to have simply ignored it so I won't waste my time retyping it.

    But regardless, the question isn't why players don't interrupt, it's why are there so many who don't/didn't learn, and I'd be willing to bet there are very very few players who literally don't know what an interrupt is/does, and we'll never know why until we ask them. Until then, we're both just speculating.
    The "You dont need it while Leveling" is still partly true.

    Its mainly because most of the players didnt need it. And many still dont.
    You also cant just boil it down to lazyness or unwillingness to improve.

    If you see it with a bit rationality its fairly easy to grasp: "Why".
    Prior to this Patch people who wanted the "Best" gear, just had to do a +10 dungeon per week. And you didnt need any CC or Interupts there. And in lower end Content even less. And in most cases you had one or two people who interupted the hard hitting stuff, so many people didnt even see the skills who could hurt in higher keys.

    Now at this ContentPatch, the M+ dungeons are a little bit harder than before, and you need to do 5 more Levels for your "Best Possible loot", so its only natural that there are now way more people trying to get their weekly +15 key. And now you suddenly need to interrupt.

    With the common mentallity "I didnt do anything wrong" people dont even think about it that they died because they might´ve needed to interrupt stuff.

    And with the aggressive tone some here Quoted, its no wonder they dont bother with it.

    I stand my point, if you get someone in your Group who apparently dont know what to Interrupt, be Polite and tell him.
    If you dont want to put up with people who might not know everything you know.

    Dont Pug.

    Edit:
    To elaborate a bit more on the "Dont need it", a fairly good example from my DH, if you use BladeDance you gain for 1 second 100% Avoid. Obviously you can use that for alot of cool things.
    But you cannot expect people to know or think about that, because face it, outside of a High Mythic dungeon, the 100% avoid a nice thing, but you would never go out of your way to use that to soak any specific Ability, because none is worth the attention.

    Same goes with Interrupts, outside of Raids, and High Mythic+ dungeons an Interrupt is usually not worth the attention.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2020-04-04 at 01:14 PM.

  19. #299
    The Patient MoFalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    US of Freaking A
    Posts
    300
    I think the biggest cause of high level players not knowing how to play, who to interrupt or where to stand is the fault of Elite players themselves.

    Let me explain!

    I see this all the time, every day, in group finder and chat constantly.

    All of the elite guild SELL Heroic runs.....Mythic Runs...High lvl Keys, For gold or real money.
    They take all of these people who dont know what to do and have never been in the raid or dungeon and get them all the gear they can afford. As long as these NOOBS have gold, they can have all of the best gear, high item levels and look so bad ass and be complete idiots when it comes to gameplay.

    If you want to thin the herd...stop doing this.

    The funny thing is, these same guilds will sometimes do alt runs, or need a few guys to fill out a raid and will post in group finder that they need raiders, but AOTC only.
    They are the ones getting these people AOTC that know nothing.

    Anyway, Thats my 2 cents.

  20. #300
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    I think the biggest cause of high level players not knowing how to play, who to interrupt or where to stand is the fault of Elite players themselves.

    Let me explain!

    I see this all the time, every day, in group finder and chat constantly.

    All of the elite guild SELL Heroic runs.....Mythic Runs...High lvl Keys, For gold or real money.
    They take all of these people who dont know what to do and have never been in the raid or dungeon and get them all the gear they can afford. As long as these NOOBS have gold, they can have all of the best gear, high item levels and look so bad ass and be complete idiots when it comes to gameplay.

    If you want to thin the herd...stop doing this.

    The funny thing is, these same guilds will sometimes do alt runs, or need a few guys to fill out a raid and will post in group finder that they need raiders, but AOTC only.
    They are the ones getting these people AOTC that know nothing.

    Anyway, Thats my 2 cents.
    There's probably a couple of reasons for why sell runs have become more popular. I mean, GDKP runs were a thing as far back as Wrath, maybe TBC but I don't recall seeing any back then. With the introduction of the wow token more and more players likely have more gold than they did before, along with the devaluing of professions as primary revenue streams, is it any wonder the services of high end players are being taken advantage of?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •