Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    how hard is it to not have to be told to interrupt? i interrupt without being told i need to interrupt when i play retri...
    Because you need interrupts at right place and right time, you isn't supposed to interrupt random shit like anchor of binding, and at, like, one boss in BfA you legitimately have to use an interrupt rotation (2nd boss of SotS) on tyrannical without some OP healer with 150k HPS on-demand
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You didn't answer his question about whether you're just looking at your details/recount etc(which fails to account for people multi-interrupting the same spell) or whether you're using EXRT/WeakAuras to track their actual interrupt cooldowns?
    he edited the post after i had quoted it... i already track it with weakauras...

  3. #23
    There was a time I tried to do stuff like CC mobs. It was immediately broken, always. I think tank would rather have all the mobs around him than leave one behind to be dps'd later. This is a timer problem. Tank can deal with large groups so why waste time separating mobs with CC?

    As for interrupts. I try to do it as much as possible. It is almost a reflex for someone who used to raid mythic. In fact, I have to be told to not interrupt or know i shouldn't interrupt some mechanic to not do so. This was in some cases problem in raids that I got itchy finger when I had to wait for interrupt at specific times. I quit raiding early bfa, tho. Last time this was problem was some adds in uldir boss fight, I think...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Interrupt rotation helps because people start interrupting, that's the whole point.

    How hard is it to type in "DH interrupt skull first, tank 2nd, rogue 3rd" or whatever?
    I think you're missing the point of the thread.

    The thread isnt about "how do I get players in my group to interrupt" its "how can there be so many players not knowing how to interrupt".

  5. #25
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    he edited the post after i had quoted it... i already track it with weakauras...
    Then it's still a communication problem, you sit on valuable information like a dragon on a hoard of gold and don't share it to the group, again, how hard it would be to type in "interrupt the goddamn soul fetishes" or whatever your trouble was back in waycrest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then it's still a communication problem, you sit on valuable information like a dragon on a hoard of gold and don't share it to the group, again, how hard it would be to type in "interrupt the goddamn soul fetishes" or whatever your trouble was back in waycrest
    you shouldn't need to be told to interrupt... you should know to interrupt...

  7. #27
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I think you're missing the point of the thread.

    The thread isnt about "how do I get players in my group to interrupt" its "how can there be so many players not knowing how to interrupt".
    Again, i disagree with statement that players don't know how to interrupt, they don't know when to interrupt, but in any way it's not even an issue, because it takes less effort than selling a BoE ring with two slots and a tier 3 stars to solve this. You know, by telling players what they are supposed to interrupt and in what order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphke View Post
    Yeah, it's a great idea to interrupt with 3 at the same time.
    better that 3 interrupt at the same time than nobody interrupting when the tanks interrupt is on cd....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not too sure how you came to that conclusion ... but feel free to be deluded in what ever fashion you desire.
    He came to that conclusion, because on higher level Mythic Keys you will have to interrupt or CC sometimes if you want or not. One missed Interrupt could mean death to some.
    In mythic raiding. Casters don't really have to that much. Maybe Moonkin for Group Silence.
    In PvP you most defintly have to use your silence and CC in every difficulty.

  10. #30
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,735
    I'll volunteer to interrupt and do CC when it's needed. Most DPS won't do it because it reduces their numbers. Fragile egos can't tolerate slipping down the list of DPS group rankings.

    Frankly doing support stuff is a more interesting way to play than just going balls-to-the-wall for numbers.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-03-30 at 08:05 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  11. #31
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    624
    This is what happens when literally the entire game outside of high level raids and M+ is braindead easy. There hasn't been a reason to learn how to interrupt since, like, Cataclysm unless you're doing those two activities. Or PVP, I guess.
    The Naaru may not have forgotten the Draenei, but Blizzard sure as hell has.

  12. #32
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'll volunteer to interrupt and do CC when it's needed. Most DPS won't do it because it reduces their numbers. Fragile egos can't tolerate DPS group rankings.

    Frankly doing support stuff is a more interesting way to play than just going balls-to-the-wall for numbers.
    Apparently melee interrupts don't even cost any resources, so i'm not sure how interrupting reduces DPS for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Apparently melee interrupts don't even cost any resources, so i'm not sure how interrupting reduces DPS for them.
    interrupt doesn't cost resources for any class...

  14. #34
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    interrupt doesn't cost resources for any class...
    Shadow priests have to pick a talent to have "a ranged interrupt" because their baseline is 60 or 45 seconds CD, they also have to interrupt their spellcasting, mages have to interrupt their spellcasting, warlocks have to swap a pet to have an access to interrupt, moonkins have 1min CD on their only interrupt (wonder why they can't have an interrupt in cat/bear form, probably FUCKING PVP)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-03-30 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #35
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,262
    If ya gotta pug, pug wisely.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Shadow priests have to pick a talent to have "a ranged interrupt" because their baseline is 60 or 45 seconds CD, they also have to interrupt their spellcasting, mages have to interrupt their spellcasting, warlocks have to swap a pet to have an access to interrupt
    that's not a resource cost...

  17. #37
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Apparently melee interrupts don't even cost any resources, so i'm not sure how interrupting reduces DPS for them.
    It can break your rhythm. It's another thing to have to watch out for. For many, it's a distraction. All of those have the potential for causing you to accidentally miss a GCD. I've had this argument a lot over the years.

    Speaking as a ranged DPS here. I don't play melee specs. But I've had the conversation a few times. But to reiterate, I'll do it if needed. I also will do adds instead of bombing the boss. I prefer having support stuff to do.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-03-30 at 08:11 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  18. #38
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Happy Pride
    Posts
    14,385
    Eh, from my own experience it seems rather that most just use their interrupt randomly and then don't have it when it's actually necessary.
    LoveLove
    Is

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Again, i disagree with statement that players don't know how to interrupt, they don't know when to interrupt, but in any way it's not even an issue, because it takes less effort than selling a BoE ring with two slots and a tier 3 stars to solve this. You know, by telling players what they are supposed to interrupt and in what order.
    Okay, I think its the games job to teach players these things to be honest.

    As a healer I've seen the tank frustrated many times typing out in /s "-ffs help interrupt"

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It can break your rhythm. It's another thing to have to watch out for. For many, it's a distraction. All of those have the potential for causing you to accidentally miss a GCD. I've had this argument a lot over the years.
    I suppose but it's a flawed argument most classes gain resources for interrupting.

    As for the lack of interupts in general I would say it is more of a result of it not being needed for most content. The only content that comes to mind were interupts are needed that doesn't have mythic in its name is horrific visions.

    Blizzard has moved away from content were responsibility is carried by all the members of a group and hard checks on interupts are one of those things they don't like to do outside of mythic now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •