Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    Did you ask them? They're better qualified to answer that question than we are.

-Just being lazy
    -When people are in a M+, most players think kicking is beyond them and their role. A mage thinks it's a rogues job, the rogue thinks it's the mages job cause the rogue does more dmg. The DH thinks the tank is going to do it.
    - OR the 3 dps watch MDI where the tank does it for 100% dps uptime on pulls and think that's how it should be.

90% of the time it's usually just lazy or expecting someone else to do it.
    TO BE FAIR in a M+ key the tank should be primarily doing it unless it's a pull with multiple mobs who need to be kicked, there's 0 reason a dps should be kicking on a boss fight that the tank has theirs up for every single one, what else are you doing as a tank?

People need to understand that not all classes have a Int/kick on a really short CD like rogues. I always see tanks and healers raging at some classes like boomkins cause they have 4 ints at the end of a M+ and the rogue has 17. Mind you, that's 4 AOE int and for all you know the rogue was just kicking whatever he could and not anything of actual value.
    My point is, i'd rather have a DPS who kicks the proper mechanics 4 times like on Sisters, then someone who kicked 20 times stuff that would of hit the tank for 1k dmg and it's now on CD>
    Last edited by dipzz; 2020-03-30 at 09:23 AM.

It's not that they don't know how. It's that they don't care to.

I don't really give 2 cents if you don't find the content challenging. It's about cultivating good habits.

"Oh but my dps!" Yes, it's clear where your priorities are.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Ah, then he didn't bother reading what I wrote then - that's how he came to the wrong conclusion.
    I read it too, and it still doesnt refute the fact that to be succesful in higher m+ content you need to actively interrupt abilities.

Thus getting to the conclusion that you dont do that type of content isnt that strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Wake me up when i'll be able to cast counterspell during a cast then.
    Well, Warlocks can because their pet does it, and Ele Shamans cast mostly instant casts and stopping a 20k damage lightning bolt to kick something isn't really a loss, Fire Mages are entirely instant cast during their burst window and outside of it they don't do much anyway.

I don't really think any casters are negatively impacted by casting kick outside of maybe Frost Mage but nobody plays that anyway. If you're unable to do damage while also kicking you definitely shouldn't be doing m+ dungeons anyway to be honest.

Part of the problem could be a lack of group coordination. Some of the time ranged dps is attempting to interrupt, but the tank or even melee beat them to the task. As a result, the ranged dps interrupt is on CD and they aren't ready for the next interrupt. Not saying this is 100% the reason why you're seeing interrupts, but some of the time I am certain it is a factor. Otherwise, yes I agree with you, there is a lack of understanding the fundamentals of the game.

As a ranged dps, I learned how to interrupt and how to CC - then quickly realised that they are just not needed that often.

When your once every 24 seconds interrupt is always duplicated by someone else in the group, or your CC is always broken by the tank - you realise that dps is pretty much the only reason you turn up.

Only time I interrupt now is when I'm asked to do so, same with CC.

That means - almost never.
    That's a pretty low level player, ngl.

Interrupting is one of those ways you can help the group more than just your DPS, so I always do it as much as I can.

often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    probably because alot of content dont require you to interrupt. Alot of mobs do spells that can be interrupted when leveling, in dungeons++. Often times you dont need to itnerrupt it cause the dmg/debuff you get dont matter. So people just forget about it and dont use it. Then suddenly after killing 199826317 mobs that didnt require interrupt, they face 1 mob that they must do it. And forget it.

Some of my friends have hard time interrupting.
    How? I do not know. It's a no brainer for a hunter or melee to use interrupts. It's non-gcd spell.
    I was told several times "I use other cc" - great. STILL interrupt is non GCD click.
    "It's a tyra week" - if u do +10. Rogue got hit 700k yesterday by raging cast in +18 ML. Tyra.
    Less damage taken (by USING NO GCD CLICK) = healer can go all out on dps. And healers can pull some nice damage. Healer who's good at healing is cool, but healer who can heal but can recognize a chance to deal dmg is great.
    Running low level dungeons on toons now.. damn xp buff lured all kind of players out. Tanks without taunts, no interrupts form dps or cc's.. thats very common.
    What do I expect from druids on raging weeks? dispel enrages. Same from hunters. I will call em out if they don't. What do I expect from from mages in AD? know how to decurse and where ofc. What do I expect from other dps? Know when to hard cc shield barriers on uninterruptable spells and kill some explosives if there are 3 or 4 spawning at the same time. And I am glad to say, that above 15 keys that is mostly the case. Below 15... that's a zone where I dare not to enter unless I have at least two friends to join me.

As a ranged dps, I learned how to interrupt and how to CC - then quickly realised that they are just not needed that often.

When your once every 24 seconds interrupt is always duplicated by someone else in the group, or your CC is always broken by the tank - you realise that dps is pretty much the only reason you turn up.

Only time I interrupt now is when I'm asked to do so, same with CC.

That means - almost never.
    Pretty based response if you don't do hard content or are in general just not very good at being able to dps and CC at the same time. No problem with that but accept that it takes a good player to do good dps and also CC/interrupt. I have played with many ranged who do exceptional dps and do tons of CC also, even in 10-15 keys.

'Only time I interrupt now is when I'm asked to do so' Lmao.

What a normal player does who has this attitude towards CC/interrupts is to have the interrupt weak aura on to see who has their kick available and when there is a spell going off with 3 kicks already used, proceeds to use theirs, but I guess that is too high skill.
    Last edited by Very rare pepe; 2020-03-30 at 09:59 AM.

It's a pity that after 15 years there is still nothing in the game to teach people to interrupt other than the monk dailies (I think one of them made you die if you don't interrupt).

Basic stuff like this should be in the starting zones.

Is enemy cast bar even visible by default for a new player?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Interrupt rotation helps because people start interrupting, that's the whole point.

How hard is it to type in "DH interrupt skull first, tank 2nd, rogue 3rd" or whatever?
    Harder than whining on a forum about randoms, it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Did you ask them? They're better qualified to answer that question than we are.
    'but-but muh post count!'
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

How and why would they learn? The whole game and leveling process are faceroll until you step in a raid outside lfr or m+10

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Well, Warlocks can because their pet does it, and Ele Shamans cast mostly instant casts and stopping a 20k damage lightning bolt to kick something isn't really a loss, Fire Mages are entirely instant cast during their burst window and outside of it they don't do much anyway.

I don't really think any casters are negatively impacted by casting kick outside of maybe Frost Mage but nobody plays that anyway. If you're unable to do damage while also kicking you definitely shouldn't be doing m+ dungeons anyway to be honest.
    What I find quite strange, that some casters with 24sec CD do more interrupts than a rogue or a dk. And that in some cases negatively impacts their dps in comparison to melee. Tho I always expect from a caster to do a ranged interrupt on a caster mob if I can't LoS.
    Interrupts is one side of the coin. Any good player would use all tools of his class, like RoP/Binding shot/knockbacks/grips/traps/blinds/treats or elementals. Every single of these has a use in dungeon and can make a dungeon run way smoother. Knowing when to use it is crucial for pushing. Using a basic interrupt is just a small part of it.
    The higher key's you pug, the better people you get. I sometimes run into problems that people are using so many stuns, that it puts DRs on mobs and I can't stun that maggot anymore or a bat in underrot gets a 2sec stun instead of 4 because a dh used his 2sec stun before me. Or double stunning. But that's where I start using voice coms to coordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    How and why would they learn? The whole game and leveling process are faceroll until you step in a raid outside lfr or m+10
    If we assume that you are doing a +15 for the weekly i would assume you know how to interrupt, especially if you got some experience in mythic+. With that said, i WOULD do that if i did not know that so many people at a reasonable experience level simply dont touch their interrupts. And yes, i have a weakaura that tracks interrupts and allows me to see if the attempt to interrupt was made.

When doing a key and i can see the player have done that dungeon multiple times before i expect them to know what abilities need to be interrupted and what can be ignored.
    The time to learn to interrupt is throughout the entire game, not just during leveling. This whole "when do we learn to interrupt in the game?" is such a silly argument, when do people learn how to tank a dungeon? They learn by playing the dungeon, learning in the dungeon. When do healers learn to heal? in group content.

All in all some skills are acquired when you play in a group, and if you reach a level where you need to interrupt and you have not yet learnt that it is important, then that is a you problem, not a game not teaching you problem.

i learned how to interrupt before i hit max level... when i first got my interrupt i just read the tooltip on it and said "that's neat" and then i didn't have any mobs just casting in my face or heals again...
    Last edited by Raspberry Lemon; 2020-03-30 at 10:18 AM.

That is a lie. I got my mage to 120 yesterday and I get my face melted by a few mobs if I don't do cc. Unless you are killing one mob at a time, you will have to do some sort of cc/interrupts when leveling. Mobs absolutely rape you in BfA leveling/max lvl if you are sub 420ilvl. (source - was in nazja with my 289ilvl) and prior to that I got my ass kicked by gorillas and trolls and birds and other crap in zandalar. Also I usually tend to pull more then 2 mobs. But I could imagine casual player doing similar stuff

To the original question of the topic: it's because the game doesn't require that skill from you or teach you that skill. Eventually the loot handling brings you up to content where interrupt does matter and you are not prepared.

As it seems the majority of people refuse to alter their playstyle and rather not do challenging content and rather call those who do elitists for expecting effort out of them.

Imo its not that they don't know how to interrupt, interrupting is a joke. Its that they don't personally face the consequences of not interrupting, so they don't care. For instance:

- if its a cast that nukes the tank, the dps doesn't care. Its the healer and tank that are freaking out.
    - If its a cast that goes off once every 20 seconds, the tank will get it almost always, especially if you have a prot paladin.
    - If its a cast that puts up a shield or heals the target, the dps won't care, they'll just keep dpsing.
    - if its a cast that enrages the mob and makes the tank shit himself, the dps won't care, its the healer and tank that are being hit by that extra stress.

Another way to look at it is, actually go and try and dps a run. You will be insanely amazed just how little stress there is. Caring about the route? Not me! I'm the dps! I don't have to think at all. Thats the tanks job. Caring about mobs running around? Not me, i'm the dps! I don't care at all! Caring when we're fucking up a ton, standing in volcanic, quaking, stacking bursting and so on? Not me! I'm the dps! I don't have to worry at all.

Casts going off constantly? Sorry, how does that effect my rotation again? Oh thats right it doesn't loleeeeeeeee.

This is the attitude most people have in life and it is no different in WoW. If it doesn't effect them, they don't care. Think about it. Even something as basic as flushing the toilet or wiping it down in a public restroom after you piss all over the place. Even something as basic as not littering so children and animals don't hurt themselves on sharp objects.

interrupting is a PvP mechanic. most PvE players do not have any interrupt ability on their actionbars.