Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    So... you ninja interupt your group ? You are the problem
    so i should just let casts go off instead of interrupting because there's been no announced interrupt rotation? lol no... i don't think so... i can see if someone has used their interrupt or not... if nobody is using theirs, i will interrupt when the cast is almost over...
    Last edited by Raspberry Lemon; 2020-03-30 at 12:54 PM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    it's a 7 on his mage... he can't even time 10s consistently... over by almost an hour in some...
    Makes sense.
    Higher keys, especially Tyrannical ones, wouldn't fly with that attitude.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    Because they expect everyone else to do it. Or they expect everyone to blow their interrupts on the first one and leave no one to do the second.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    still better than a spell not being interrupted...
    which happens at the next 2 spells cause 3 interrupts are on cd, so no, NOT better even WORSE

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Harder than whining on a forum about randoms, it seems.
    +1

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    which happens at the next 2 spells cause 3 interrupts are on cd, so no, NOT better even WORSE
    it's still better for 3 to interrupt than no interrupts at all... how do you not understand this?

  6. #106
    I was wondering that myself. Was running with my fire mage the other day.

    Apart from single interrupt we have two mass interrupts, too, not too bad. Though I was the only dps bothering to interrupt at all. Very weird.

    OT: can confirm, dps seem very lazy with interrupting BUT a lot of tanks don't even want to bother with CC, too. Not sure if they don't know how to play it.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    As a tank main this is baffeling and annoying thing is 80% of players are horrible players sadly. When i do m+ i se people witt 450+ items no gems no enchant stam trinkets from pvp and no weapon enchant. I insta kick people like that and rather 4 man then keep them
    Add to this they either don't know or refuse to do the mechs. Junkyard is a prime example of this on King Gob. No one stacks for the charge and no one runs to the pylons.....but they do scream TANK GET AGRO!!! when all the adds come out. And this is after explaining and marking all four and the players.... mechanics still matter and especially matter in higher keys. My personal pet peeve is the melee dps taking the closest blood pool on Princess in AD so they can get right back to derpsing on the boss. Yeah you're just gonna have to burn through whatever she heals off of me because after the 1st time I'm not playing your stupid little game.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    As a tank main this is baffeling and annoying thing is 80% of players are horrible players sadly. When i do m+ i se people witt 450+ items no gems no enchant stam trinkets from pvp and no weapon enchant. I insta kick people like that and rather 4 man then keep them
    It's substantially higher, 2% covers the top players, and like 10% is your average decent player, almost 90% of the playerbase would be considered terrible. Except every player even the worst thinks they are good. This is also by design, previously you knew when you sucked there was no groups for you, no guilds, no raids, and you either got good or left server.

    The other end is, in a true high end run the entire group knows what needs to be interrupted and what the tank and healer can wave off w/o concern. There is a little known development strategy to actually put interrupt lures in the way of necessity, and interrupting everything may leave you w/o an interrupt. The chances are either the OP is an under performing healer who gets carried by friends or it's a new player who thinks everyone cares about 5m content 24/7.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Makes sense.
    Higher keys, especially Tyrannical ones, wouldn't fly with that attitude.
    Higher keys, like actually higher where interrupting actually matters, you have set interrupt rotation and most likely voice com - which mean you are asked/told to interrupt certain things.
    In the pug world, even on "high" keys (really, what is "high" though? guess we'll just count the +15 for weekly) interrupts don't matter for shit and literally the tank can do what needs to be done.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    it's still better for 3 to interrupt than no interrupts at all... how do you not understand this?
    Prime example bad players don't realize the solution they put forth is as bad as the problem they stated...

  11. #111
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is why I asked Shrine of the Storm. If you were familiar with the dungeon you wouldn't have said what you just said.
    Every time I've done shrine, we've set up interrupts before the start, meaning I've been specifically asked to interrupt XYZ.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    In the pug world, even on "high" keys (really, what is "high" though? guess we'll just count the +15 for weekly) interrupts don't matter for shit and literally the tank can do what needs to be done.
    they do matter... we wiped on the witches because of it...

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    they do matter... we wiped on the witches because of it...
    He forgot to add "when playing with competent and decently geared players". Of course even the most minute thing matters if you try to get a +15 weekly done on a Tuesday night with a group of 440 pugs without communication.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    they do matter... we wiped on the witches because of it...
    Then your dps and/or heals are probably as good as your interrupts - non-existent

  15. #115
    Immortal Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    Maybe because nobody ever tells them they should do it, and instead goes to a forum and complains about how they don't already know to do it.

    Information is free to give. The only reason not to share what you know is to feel superior.

    That's what you're doing here. Arrogantly complaining about other people not knowing as much as you, and refusing to help them improve... because you want to feel superior.

  16. #116
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    27,254
    I was in a Tol Dagor 6 asking myself that exact question.

    Two mages in the group. Not one spellsteal when the mobs put shields on themselves. I, THE TANK, died because no one interrupted Bobby Howlis. That entire run, I was the only source of interrupts.

    By the time we managed to get to the third boss, we were already past time with 20 something deaths, and when we wiped on her, I couldn't take it anymore and just ALT-F4ed.

    Fucking interrupt and dispel shit, Jesus. I love it when I'm in Motherload and get gooped, which is a magical debuff that every healer can cleanse, but I'm CC'ed for the full duration. Like really dude?

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Imo its not that they don't know how to interrupt, interrupting is a joke. Its that they don't personally face the consequences of not interrupting, so they don't care. For instance:

    - if its a cast that nukes the tank, the dps doesn't care. Its the healer and tank that are freaking out.
    - If its a cast that goes off once every 20 seconds, the tank will get it almost always, especially if you have a prot paladin.
    - If its a cast that puts up a shield or heals the target, the dps won't care, they'll just keep dpsing.
    - if its a cast that enrages the mob and makes the tank shit himself, the dps won't care, its the healer and tank that are being hit by that extra stress.

    Another way to look at it is, actually go and try and dps a run. You will be insanely amazed just how little stress there is. Caring about the route? Not me! I'm the dps! I don't have to think at all. Thats the tanks job. Caring about mobs running around? Not me, i'm the dps! I don't care at all! Caring when we're fucking up a ton, standing in volcanic, quaking, stacking bursting and so on? Not me! I'm the dps! I don't have to worry at all.

    Casts going off constantly? Sorry, how does that effect my rotation again? Oh thats right it doesn't loleeeeeeeee.
    About tank/healer having most of the stress. I have few friends who I am running keys with and I am making the routes myself, assigning interrupt rotation (I am prot pala) assigning dispels and primary targets. Sometimes I do mistakes or not so optimal decisions and when they start taking a piss, I just ask them, if they would like to make the calls - no one ever stood up and took the lead from me.
    I am all for accepting my mistakes if I overestimated a pull or got us killed by a wrong call, but playing on my alt dps while pugging is so relaxing, tho I do cc/interrupts because I am a main tank, it's still so care free. Also might be somewhat annoying when tank goes on wrong route or does tinny pulls I said pugging because even if we get another mate to tank they want me to lead... oh well.

  18. #118
    The problem lies with the fact the game never teaches you how important your interrupt abilities are, since 90% of the game is so easy it never even feels like a tool you need to use in any situation outside of high end content like heroic raids or m+10 dungeons.

    I think at this point of the game it would be nice if Blizzard adds a new mechanic tied to interrupts and stuns, something like Wildstar's interrupt armor/Moment of Opporunities, basically everytime you stun or interrupt a target during a cast they would go into a vulnerable phase in which their health turns purple and any damage taken would be doubled. I think this'll work well during the leveling process as it would help speed up things for the player, and at the same time teach them the benefits of interrupting targets later in the game.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    The problem lies with the fact the game never teaches you how important your interrupt abilities are, since 90% of the game is so easy it never even feels like a tool you need to use in any situation outside of high end content like heroic raids or m+10 dungeons.

    I think at this point of the game it would be nice if Blizzard adds a new mechanic tied to interrupts and stuns, something like Wildstar's interrupt armor/Moment of Opporunities, basically everytime you stun or interrupt a target during a cast they would go into a vulnerable phase in which their health turns purple and any damage taken would be doubled. I think this'll work well during the leveling process as it would help speed up things for the player, and at the same time teach them the benefits of interrupting targets later in the game.
    how? i learned they are important when lvling... i just looked on the tooltip and saw it interrupts spells... no more casting or healing in my face from mobs when i could interrupt...

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    how? i learned they are important when lvling... i just looked on the tooltip and saw it interrupts spells... no more casting or healing in my face from mobs when i could interrupt...
    Sure you can do it, but there's never a moment where you feel like you'll ever need to.

    Last time I was leveling an alt I only used a stun ability because I had everything else on cooldown and just wanted something to do while I wait.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •