Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    run i just did the tank had 70 interrupts... the second in place had 7.... third had 3 and the last dps had no interrupts at all... it was hell healing it when casts were going off as soon as the tank didn't have interrupt off cd...
    What instance did you do that required you to do 70 interrupts in a run?

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    People don't interrupt because there's no incentive to do so for them personally. It's retarded thinking but that's how most dps players are these days in video games.
    The incentive would be to get through the instance faster - since everyone has this go,go,go mentality this should be a huge thing, really. Unfortunately it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Higher keys, like actually higher where interrupting actually matters, you have set interrupt rotation and most likely voice com - which mean you are asked/told to interrupt certain things.
    In the pug world, even on "high" keys (really, what is "high" though? guess we'll just count the +15 for weekly) interrupts don't matter for shit and literally the tank can do what needs to be done.
    I would love to see a pug group going into tyrannical shrine with only the tank interrupting (let's say a +10, not even high) and making it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You which expansion tried to implement a lot of interrupts and had to scale down the difficulty because the playerbase was dumb as shit? Cataclysm
    Ah Cata, Dungeons are hard. I don't know if they were dumb, they just went from end of xpac wrath dungeons to cata heroics and got stomped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dapinor View Post
    You can get 70 interrupts in any instance with interruptible casts if your dps is low enough
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Auchindoun on my prot pally I always tried to get to 90. 80 was doable if noone helped. I loved that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The incentive would be to get through the instance faster - since everyone has this go,go,go mentality this should be a huge thing, really. Unfortunately it isn't.
    I like to think my interrupt announcer helps make people realize they can interrupt
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

i pug because i want to play when i want to... not only when my friends want to play...
    Same here, i don't have enough power for scheduled gaming. Work is enough for me :P

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As a ranged dps, I learned how to interrupt and how to CC - then quickly realised that they are just not needed that often.

When your once every 24 seconds interrupt is always duplicated by someone else in the group, or your CC is always broken by the tank - you realise that dps is pretty much the only reason you turn up.

Only time I interrupt now is when I'm asked to do so, same with CC.

That means - almost never.
    So nothing above a +4, or a normal. got it.

you can't be doing any challenging content at all then...
    Depending on what you are doing you never need to. Just like ppl stand in fire because it isn't dangerous enough to avoid it. Some cant even see cast bars or know what to interrupt if they do. Others just don't give a shit and think of interrupts as the tanks job. Some are just idiots that can't time things right. I did a FH a few weeks ago healing as a resto druid with 2 locks a warrior and bear tank. The tank kept bitching that the heal on the first boss wasn't being interrupted, meanwhile they never interrupted it themselves, the 2 locks due to their spec couldn't interupt so it really just came down to hoping the warrior got it. If you only do world content or raid you could play for years and never need to interrupt because others do it. Hell even in pvp where it is very helpful plenty never do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    There is not much danger in not interrupting anymore for the average player.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because they get no benefit from interupting.

there should be a bonus like 400-500 haste for each succesfull interupt - then people would interupt everything.

or other significant bonus - like kinda "pushback" - each mob succesfully interupted while leveling gets stunned for 3-4 seconds,.

something significant enough for people to care about interupts
    This is a big part of it also, they see it as a tank problem or if a lot of dmg goes out if a cast gets off a healer mechanic. Sephuz did train a lot of ppl to try and get after interrupts in Legion, of course DH do get something for interrupting and plenty DH don't bother with it either.

- - - Updated - - -

you can't be doing any challenging content at all then...
    If you are playing with people that don't bother with interrupting you probably aren't either.

- - - Updated - - -

You could easily get 70 in a run of Motherlode.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post

If you are playing with people that don't bother with interrupting you probably aren't either.
    it was a +15 wm... this guy i quoted can't even time +10 consistently... he has almost 1 hour over the timer in some...

Okay, so like, I've never been into artificially difficult content like Mythic +. I'm about as casual a player as there is. Most of the time when I'm playing, I'm fishing.

But even I know to interrupt spellcasting. Nobody had to teach me this. I figured it out during the leveling process. You press button x, and the bad spell don't hurt you. When grouped, I know that doing this means less damage, less damage makes the healer's life easier, which makes the tank's life easier. Because I wanna help how I can, I interupt, even on trivial content where it largely doesn't matter.

That being said, if grouped with people that don't seem to get it, explain it once. Give them that opportunity to be better. Complaining on a forum won't change anything, but saying it in game might.

often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    Maybe Blizzard need to put a message on their screen USE "WHATEVER_INTERRUPT_AVAILABLE_ICON) so they know. Some people don't even know they have an interrupt sadly. For M+ I end up calling out for interrupts and as a Pally I am usually able to lock down a caster but when I'm on another tank, it's horrible.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Well, a few points (apologies if they've been covered already):

1. Interrupt is not needed in most content, and when it is required, it is usually easily handled by the tank, so it does not get discussed, say in a normal pug while leveling, or even a heroic pug (in the case of dungeons). In raids, the raid leader, if competent, will call out interrupts as needed and assign people to do them in a rotation, and if there are any questions, you ask them before the pull.

2. Mythic plus...well, that's a whole different animal. At what point are the interrupts need to ensure success? 3? 7? 15? If a player is progressing up the ladder and the need is not there, there is no reason to assume they will know when it is needed, unless they are told.

Which leads to my 3rd, and last, point: communication is key. If a high key is given the same approach as an LFG Heroic, it deserves to fail. Mythic plus is the hardest small group content in the game; that means it deserves a minute or two before the start to discuss how things will be handled, interrupt and CC situations, when to lust, etc. Get everyone on the same page, and you'll never ask that question again. Because if someone says "how do I interrupt?" you can either kick them or teach them (I wonder what will happen more often /S ), but either way, you won't have that problem anymore.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I would love to see a pug group going into tyrannical shrine with only the tank interrupting (let's say a +10, not even high) and making it in time.
    Just go and do a pug, there it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Just go and do a pug, there it happened.
    I frequently do pugs and I am the tank.

And I can tell you with 100% certainty if I am the only one interrupting we are wiping on 2nd and last boss all the time.

Immortal
    Quite simple really. Of course people know how to interrupt. It's knowing when to interrupt that is the issue. And that comes down to co-ordinating with other members of the group. That's a communication problem.

When I am doing content with my guild it's really not a problem. We're only voice chat and co-ordinate who goes when. When doing pug content without anyone bothering to communicate, then it's chaos. If a tank is doing most of the interrupts, then already that means that the dps are going to assume that someone else is handling it. Now, of course, if I see that a priority cast looks like it's about to go off and no one is interrupting, then I will interrupt. But what often happens is that most players are thinking the same thing, so you end up with multiple people try to interrupt the same cast (and thus everyone has their interrupt on CD for the next one). So I tend to save my interrupt for the things that I think are critical, which normally the tank is saving their interrupt for already.

So, in short, if you are complaining about interrupting, it's on you to bother with communicating. How do you not learn how to communicate?

you saying you don't need to interrupt...

- - - Updated - - -

run i just did the tank had 70 interrupts... the second in place had 7.... third had 3 and the last dps had no interrupts at all... it was hell healing it when casts were going off as soon as the tank didn't have interrupt off cd...

You do realize that the 7 and 3 could be the good and correct interupts while the tank was just spamming it on every cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You do realize that the 7 and 3 could be the good and correct interupts while the tank was just spamming it on every cooldown?
    then we wouldn't have wiped when the tank couldn't interrupt...