Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    Quite simple really. Of course people know how to interrupt. It's knowing when to interrupt that is the issue. And that comes down to co-ordinating with other members of the group. That's a communication problem.

When I am doing content with my guild it's really not a problem. We're only voice chat and co-ordinate who goes when. When doing pug content without anyone bothering to communicate, then it's chaos. If a tank is doing most of the interrupts, then already that means that the dps are going to assume that someone else is handling it. Now, of course, if I see that a priority cast looks like it's about to go off and no one is interrupting, then I will interrupt. But what often happens is that most players are thinking the same thing, so you end up with multiple people try to interrupt the same cast (and thus everyone has their interrupt on CD for the next one). So I tend to save my interrupt for the things that I think are critical, which normally the tank is saving their interrupt for already.

So, in short, if you are complaining about interrupting, it's on you to bother with communicating. How do you not learn how to communicate?

you saying you don't need to interrupt...

- - - Updated - - -

run i just did the tank had 70 interrupts... the second in place had 7.... third had 3 and the last dps had no interrupts at all... it was hell healing it when casts were going off as soon as the tank didn't have interrupt off cd...

You do realize that the 7 and 3 could be the good and correct interupts while the tank was just spamming it on every cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You do realize that the 7 and 3 could be the good and correct interupts while the tank was just spamming it on every cooldown?
    then we wouldn't have wiped when the tank couldn't interrupt...

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I frequently do pugs and I am the tank.

And I can tell you with 100% certainty if I am the only one interrupting we are wiping on 2nd and last boss all the time.
    Get better pugs that actually do damage and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Get better pugs that actually do damage and healing.
    So what is your highest Shrine key in time then?

I only have 15 in time as I don't really care for pushing.

I am sure you can show for your attitude and provide meaningful insight on how you just out-dps/heal the 2nd and last bosses without a single interrupt.
    I'll be glad to take actual detailed advice.

it was a +15 wm... this guy i quoted can't even time +10 consistently... he has almost 1 hour over the timer in some...
    Not a very interrupt heavy place. When you do have to do it often 1 person can cover most of it. As for somebody else's 10 timers who knows what they are doing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    I think you are entirely wrong.

All DPS players use interrupts. It's just that they use them in the same manner as heroism / bloodlust, i.e. randomonly. Heck I've even come across mages that think the middle of a boss fight is the perfect time to conjure food or pop open a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Wake me up when i'll be able to cast counterspell during a cast then.
    Imagine not being in melee to dragons breath mobs on a 15+ lol

They probably never had to learn how. I know if I had started playing after LFR was implemented, I likely wouldn't know how to interrupt either, or know the need for it. Post Cataclysm players tend to by nature of LFR having been their first exposure to raiding, not know the fundamental raiding basics because for the most part, LFR is face roll carries.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-03-30 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    So what is your highest Shrine key in time then?

I only have 15 in time as I don't really care for pushing.

I am sure you can show for your attitude and provide meaningful insight on how you just out-dps/heal the 2nd and last bosses without a single interrupt.
    I'll be glad to take actual detailed advice.
    16 for Shrine, I don't push or really do M+ outside of the weekly chest (and lately not even that).

As for how, you just dps. If you're the tank or the "only one that knows how to interrupt" then you can just to people that interrupt whatever and you chain to their interrupt. If they can't do that, then you really just gotta replace your pugs (or actually have a ton of dps - which by now with all corruption is possible by players that know how to dps).

This thread is just people crying about dps not interrupting when it literally is not necessary at all. Like the one post with "tank 70 interrupts, dps 9" - that 9 is plenty enough to run through without a problem whatsoever.

When my BF has an interrupt rotation, I do it. Otherwise I usually don't bother anymore. Its annoying to potentially interrupt a cast (Mage) to do an interrupt that one to two other people also may have done. You want to be baffled that people don't somehow randomly in sync interrupt? How about being baffled that the collective community has become so anti-social that they can be bothered to install tools and look up sites to see what people have or haven't completed for keys to accept or deny people but despite all that extraneous shit would rather scorch earth a key than say "Hey, could you be 2nd interrupt?" as the only dialogue for the entire instance.

yes, it is a horror when the witches are getting casts off constantly in +15... that fight isn't even a problem if people interrupt them...
    Imagine complaining about interrupts in a 15 key. This thread is great.

Edit: I almost guarantee you wiped because people either didn't move for the second witch, didn't use a defensive for the nettles or just had garbage dps.
    Last edited by Guilford; 2020-03-30 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If anyone still believes Sylvanas is responsible, you've not been paying attention.

i learned how to interrupt before i hit max level... when i first got my interrupt i just read the tooltip on it and said "that's neat" and then i didn't have any mobs just casting in my face or heals again...

Yeah, then there are these kind of players.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As a ranged dps, I learned how to interrupt and how to CC - then quickly realised that they are just not needed that often.

When your once every 24 seconds interrupt is always duplicated by someone else in the group, or your CC is always broken by the tank - you realise that dps is pretty much the only reason you turn up.

Only time I interrupt now is when I'm asked to do so, same with CC.

That means - almost never.
    And that is precisely how it should be imho. As a tank I frequently am annoyed when people randomly CC random targets when it is completely unnecessary. Unfortunate reality is that average pug player has no notion as to what and when to CC. You see people CC'ing 3 targets out of 5 in tyrannical weeks and then when it is fortified same people will be looking at you and ask why are you not pulling.

So yeah, it works better when you let tank decide on CCs, either by discussing it beforehand or by marks.

The game has always needed basic "know your role" type scenarios that are *enforced*. You want to queue for content you be damned sure you can pass.

Not necessarily proving grounds wave 20 or anything, but can you recognize and respond to inputs at a vaguely coherent level.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Interrupt rotation helps because people start interrupting, that's the whole point.

How hard is it to type in "DH interrupt skull first, tank 2nd, rogue 3rd" or whatever?
    New thread title. "How can there be so many players who don't know how party chat works at max level".

The answer to OP is because they don't have to. M+ is so easy that you don't even need a full group to do it. That's Classic level of difficulty right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    New thread title. "How can there be so many players who don't know how party chat works at max level".

The answer to OP is because they don't have to. M+ is so easy that you don't even need a full group to do it. That's Classic level of difficulty right there.
    Maybe it is like that in your +3 keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Maybe it is like that in your +3 keys.
    Why not. Lets pretend that +15 is hard. That's exactly what the Classic crowd does. Pretend that the content they are doing is difficult. When you got people stomping +15 with four players, pugs not interrupting and essentially ignoring mechanics, and people with no business inside any raid rolling around in 470+ gear. Please tell me how hard retail is right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Brewmaster
    you can't be doing any challenging content at all then...
    I guess your group just isn't very good man, interrupts rarely make much difference in high level content for a competent group. Its been nearly 10 years since the last time I remember wiping due to a missed interrupt, and that was way back in Firelands.

Purchasable Level Boost, and toss in a little bit of "Eh, someone else will get it." and a healthy dose of "Not my problem" with a light sprinkling of "it's a pug, I'll never see them again, who cares." At least that's my assumption.