In the current circumstances, is there a realist recourse for a ''lost'' parcel.

TLDR : Canada postal deliveries no longer require signature and the entire management of my block have gone home, leaving parcels on the honor system. Before the COVID, I used a lot Amazon Prime, and I have thus 4-5 preorders for March to April. Losing a tome of ''Konosuba'' is not end of the world (today), losing 3anime blu-rays is annoying (yesterday) but I have a 150 USD ish item on preorder (a figurine yes) that would be a bit annoying to either cancel or lose….

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    TLDR : Canada postal deliveries no longer require signature and the entire management of my block have gone home, leaving parcels on the honor system. Before the COVID, I used a lot Amazon Prime, and I have thus 4-5 preorders for March to April. Losing a tome of ''Konosuba'' is not end of the world (today), losing 3anime blu-rays is annoying (yesterday) but I have a 150 USD ish item on preorder (a figurine yes) that would be a bit annoying to either cancel or lose….
    I highly recommend a porch camera. If you can't get one, post a sign that says you have a porch camera, and will call the police. In this case a sign is nearly as good as an actual camera. I doubt there is much you can do to get already stolen packages. I am not familiar with Canadian policing, but I don't think any police force is going to spend much resources on missing anime.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I work with FedEx and UPS...So, two things;
    The assumption is...you're home...lockdown.
    Also, couriers are protecting themselves. I know that UPS types into their board "COVID19" then types in the last name of the addressee, whether you're there or not.

Sucks...I know.
    If something is to be shipped to you, then request the item be insured (declared value). If they do that, then presumably, the carrier will ensure that the parcel gets in someone's hands before leaving.
    No more guarantees for a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I work with FedEx and UPS...So, two things;
    The assumption is...you're home...lockdown.
    Also, couriers are protecting themselves. I know that UPS types into their board "COVID19" then types in the last name of the addressee, whether you're there or not.

Sucks...I know.
    If something is to be shipped to you, then request the item be insured (declared value). If they do that, then presumably, the carrier will ensure that the parcel gets in someone's hands before leaving.
    No more guarantees for a while though.
    No, I work at the moment-I have a para-health services job in a nursing home (essential services, of sort). Canada situation is exactly what you describe : the deliverers are not asking signatures.