Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It means that when Blizzard use resources on a system, then that system should make the game better. Not worse.

- - - Updated - - -

The importance of getting a specific Azerite piece matters more. And getting a specific piece from the Titan Residuum vendor is heavily based on RNG (or a 10 week waiting period).

It matters that you only do LFR because you don't care what Azerite pieces you have as it makes no difference to you. So the RNG element doesn't impact you negatively. But it does impact players who try to be competitive. And the competitiveness between players shouldn't be based on very heavy RNG. Corruption gear is even worse in that regard of course.

- - - Updated - - -

But you don't do challenging content so you don't know the pain of having heavy RNG impact your competitiveness.
    I really get your pain...being competitive is really frustrating these days. You dont sound like happy player at all.
    So, why dont you spare yourself further frustration and step down, either by stopping playing or by stepping down off competitive waters and play casually?
    Or just try Classic? RNG there is really basic one

I remember a story from wotlk where a guy was so obsessed with that armor pen trinket doing all 4 modes for it. When he finally got it at very end of wotlk, he deleted that character and unsubbed.

And yes, I was doing competitive raiding in the past. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I think Final Fantasy alone had 10 mil the last time it anounced #.

At least they have endgame and PVP, all wow has are broken classes battlegrounds and raids raids raids
    It had 10m TOTAL accounts, not subs, accounts. If you think FFXIV has PVP and engaging endgame then you're delusional beyond measure

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Everyone switches to FF14... for a short time. Then all groups in FF14 die and all the people shitting on wow suddenly come back online ingame.

It is the same since the start of FF14. They just can't keep wow players. Because (IMHO) while wow has its problem it is still the better game.
    I loved ESO. Played it so much. But it still did not captivate me enough to keep playing it so i went back to wow.

No matter how much people like to make WoW out to be the worst game ever created right now i am quite sure it is still the most played of the bunch. But as all of us this is just an assumption as we don't have any numbers to go on.

FF14 just feels incredibly empty. WoW does not.
    FF14 turned me off before even trying it. Watched gameplay video with only beautiful races, no thanks, anime is no-no for me.
    ESO turned me off at the very beginning - couldnt get used to click to move, also graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    FF14 turned me off before even trying it. Watched gameplay video with only beautiful races, no thanks, anime is no-no for me.
    ESO turned me off at the very beginning - couldnt get used to click to move, also graphics.
    I actually also don't like anime. But for some reason FF14 isn't that bad. Anime Style is not that extrem like in JRPGs and such. More realistic.
    But it did not hold me anyways^^

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I literally remove corruption from every character i got.
    I aint doing progressive raiding nor top mythic+ so i dont need whatever damage bonuses corruption effects give.

I was trying to find a way to enjoy the corruption mechanic for weeks but in the end just removing it was the best choice for my enjoyment of gameplay.
    No bullsh*t slow, no suicide illusions, no purple eye... awful unfun mechanics.
    You know you can upgrade a cloak to avoid those effects and still have the fun bonuses right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    I don't think blizz can just remove features that are listed on the box/website as features. Aside from the PR nightmare it would be, it also sounds like something you could sue over.
    Let's see here: Guild Halls, Player Housing, Boats, Dance Studio, an absolute fuckton of shit in WOD involving garrisons, raids, ashran, and other cut content that was on the website...

New campaign content for WC3R, profiles, ladder play, etc still missing from WC3R, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    And yet I have been chasing new levels of my heart of azeroth with the sole purpose of unlocking new options.
    That is, after I finally have gotten a piece with high enough ilvl.
    That doesn't make sense. You don't grind azerite after getting high item levels. There was also a cap on unlocking options where you didn't need to grind past. With the catch up mechanics each patch grinding it out to cap was silly. Because you can easily catch up to the points that matter. There are not endless new options.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

ROFLMAO

Do you think is possible to entirely scrap the entire Azerite system?

Something that probably took months to develop? Specific azerites for each spec and each class? Hundreds of azerites?

Are you insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard need to much more critical when it comes to their own work. If something doesn't work, then just drop it. Don't spend months trying to save a lost cause only to end up with something which makes the game worse. With systems like the Azerite gear which from the beginning clearly didn't work they just need to make a clear cut and remove it from the game instead of using a lot of resources trying to fix something which is already lost. Azerite gear brought much more negatives to the game than positives and adding systems like that is only damaging. Especially when they use extra resources on them. Only a very small minority of players are going to look back at the Azerite gear with any positive feelings. The same thing can be said about the corruption gear. The situations where you feel bad because of the corruption just massively outweighs the times when you feel good. They shouldn't spend time and resources on these systems which just have a overall negative impact on the game. If something clearly doesn't work, they just need to put their proudness aside and cut it from the game. Simple as that.

If your game has fun content people will play it. Don't add negatives to it.
    Everyones smart after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    I don't think blizz can just remove features that are listed on the box/website as features. Aside from the PR nightmare it would be, it also sounds like something you could sue over.
    It has already happened. Blizzard removed flying combat from Wintergrasp in Wrath of the Lich King. It happened late into development and produced to much lag if I remember correctly. But it was on the box as a feature. Nothing happened because of that. About the only thing they would have to do is offer a refund to someone who wanted it because of a missing feature.

There are not other legal ramifications of not delivering on a feature. Even more so when it is on a website as development stuff changes all the time. Usually box features are pretty set in stone so it rarely comes up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by HalfMoon View Post
    Wasn't the dance studio announced on that same box too?
    Yes. I always forget it was on the box and not a patch/blizzcon promised feature.