Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got a sweet infinite stars drop, figured out how much repetitive content I'd need to do to equip it, and cleansed it right off. GTFO with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfMoon View Post
    It's not like they didn't get negative feedback about it from the start. And then I don't mean the start of expansion, but DURING development.
    It doesn't matter, the game is set in stone when you're already giving feedback to it. This is literally why they gave you the residiuum vendor as a response to that feedback.

You honestly think they can and will change ground foundations of the stuff in alpha/beta?

Hahaha /10chars
    Yeah, the truh hurts

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Azerite gear is probably the best thing that has happened to gearing.

Tier sets being more fun is a myth. They did the same thing: give you secondary passives.
    But they locked you out of 4-8 pieces of gear and only dropped from that one exact boss. You either had it lucky or you didn't. No alternative.
    Hc gloves dropping as an upgrade? Nah, normal gloves are set-pieces.

Azerite gear is versatile and can be acquired from many different places. Traits might be different but in the end you will always be able to get a new piece and change it.
    It got even better after the addition of another ring. Especially in Ny'alotha where they put the "stronger" traits on the gear by default.

It is infinitely better design to have a 460ilvl item and waiting for another 460ilvl item with better traits to drop from multiple sources,
    than having a 430ilvl or 445ilvl item and being forced to wear it until that 460ilvl wont drop from that one exact boss.
    You can't even argue this.
    Azerite gear is utter shit if it was respecable for free it would be okayish

This website is know for the unsubstantiated claims of posters, please show me the proof. Aside from that, you failed to read what I wrote...
    I have to prove common sense? LoL. Yeah, there's no point trying to "converse" with this level of retardation

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except that you had to wear specific pieces of gear in specific slots. So not zero negatives.
    That is not a negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    And in the past you got the same effects with tier gear with zero negatives.
    Except the game was raid or die, of course.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    Agree. I never meant to defend tier set bonuses, but just give some examples that additional gear bonuses were available before without such punishing drawbacks. For example Grand Delusions can literally one-shot you in some cases where you're debuffed or can't escape, because of class or cooldowns. Yes, I get the point you are corrupted and you take the risk for a great reward, it's just quite punishing for what it offers. Sure you can run without corruption, at least that's an option.
    We have a system in our raidgroup where you can decide yourself how much corruption you want to wear. But if you die even once of it or of antoher mechanic because you could nto get out in time you have to get down to 0 corruption.

I normally play with nothign higher than 39. I think that is a good and safe point. You can go higher like you said but that is your decision. Kiss-curse. I like that. The gamplay effects from corruption is not bad. I would go so far and say the are fun. They force you to move a bit and think about what you want to wear. Shadhaar Mythic for example is truly punishing in the fitrst phase

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except that you had to wear specific pieces of gear in specific slots. So not zero negatives.
    Isn't that the same with Azerite gear or the HoA? Only now it is much harder to find out wether a new piece is actually an upgrade or a downgrade.
    Got a new piece that's 30 ilvl higher than the old one? Well, it's got shit traits, so scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Isn't that the same with Azerite gear or the HoA? Only now it is much harder to find out wether a new piece is actually an upgrade or a downgrade.
    Got a new piece that's 30 ilvl higher than the old one? Well, it's got shit traits, so scrap it.
    how is that different from not breaking a 4pc or getting a non-set item?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Conceptually, I think Corruption and Azerite were great ideas. Their implementation is what's broken. For both Azerite and Corruption there are too many options and unfortunately 1 or 2 "right answers."

You can't introduce a system with 20 options where 1 or 2 are 100% better than the next closest option.
    Azerite would have worked better if there were only 5 choices in total, and each one was significant like a 6pc tier set.
    Corruption would have been great if there were no on hit damage effects and they actually either lowered a cooldown or procc'ed an ability for an empowered usage.

The current state, they are a mess and there is pretty much only 1 or 2 sets people want.

They also need to start doing empowered tiers through vendors, so what's important is the skill you got, not the skill, and what tier.
    first tiers of expansions usually have low gear acquisition rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Azerite gear is utter shit if it was respecable for free it would be okayish
    Okay.

How is this supposed to make sense?
    Utter shit to okay if repec is free?

If you don't want to respec it all the time, just keep a second pair of azerite gear with you? Unless ofc you are a druid who plays all 4 specs on rotation every 30 mins, then I feel you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard need to much more critical when it comes to their own work. If something doesn't work, then just drop it. Don't spend months trying to save a lost cause only to end up with something which makes the game worse. With systems like the Azerite gear which from the beginning clearly didn't work they just need to make a clear cut and remove it from the game instead of using a lot of resources trying to fix something which is already lost. Azerite gear brought much more negatives to the game than positives and adding systems like that is only damaging. Especially when they use extra resources on them. Only a very small minority of players are going to look back at the Azerite gear with any positive feelings. The same thing can be said about the corruption gear. The situations where you feel bad because of the corruption just massively outweighs the times when you feel good. They shouldn't spend time and resources on these systems which just have a overall negative impact on the game. If something clearly doesn't work, they just need to put their proudness aside and cut it from the game. Simple as that.

If your game has fun content people will play it. Don't add negatives to it.
    In that case Azerite Armor, Island, Warfronts and the whole storyline for BfA should have been dropped right after release. No matter what your stance on BfA is, its pretty clear, that this is a very unrealistic scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    how is that different from not breaking a 4pc or getting a non-set item?

- - - Updated - - -

first tiers of expansions usually have low gear acquisition rates.
    I dont know what acquisition rates have to do with what I said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I literally remove corruption from every character i got.
    I aint doing progressive raiding nor top mythic+ so i dont need whatever damage bonuses corruption effects give.

I was trying to find a way to enjoy the corruption mechanic for weeks but in the end just removing it was the best choice for my enjoyment of gameplay.
    No bullsh*t slow, no suicide illusions, no purple eye... awful unfun mechanics.
    you could keep like 5 or 6 low teir corruptions if you just upgraded your cape.
    i dont like those mechanics either.
    so i only wear a few coruption peices.
    ive got 2 high teir corruptions, amazing damage and super fun for combat (reduced cooldowns, and tendrils and infinite stars)
    and ive only got 17 corruption.
    means a small slow once in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If something clearly doesn't work, they just need to put their proudness aside and cut it from the game. Simple as that.
    If only it was that simple. I like to know what is your experience in large scale software development. How easy is it to remove core components midway of their life cycle.

I dont know what acquisition rates have to do with what I said.
    getting more gear = more chances to get the right piece

getting more gear = more chances to get the right piece
    But that's not how Azerite works, corruption they adjusted so the player is flooded with it, but Azerite requires running certain dungeons for very specific gear. And all the other gear is useless. If you are really lucky your bis will be buyable with residuum, which worked out for assassination rogue, but not outlaw or shaman.
    Technically the luckiest people are blood DKs because all their azerite is so bad it doesn't matter what they pick.

But that's not how Azerite works, corruption they adjusted so the player is flooded with it, but Azerite requires running certain dungeons for very specific gear. And all the other gear is useless. If you are really lucky your bis will be buyable with residuum, which worked out for assassination rogue, but not outlaw or shaman.
    Technically the luckiest people are blood DKs because all their azerite is so bad it doesn't matter what they pick.
    Not entirely.
    Hell, even in the first tier barely anyone was triple stacking, DH played something like 1 fg 1rb + archive of the titans.

You can get 3 ace 1 deadshot 1 keepyourwits as outlaw very easily, i'll never for the life of me understand the forum obsession with "muh bis" when the lot of you blue parse anyway.

Not entirely.
    Hell, even in the first tier barely anyone was triple stacking, DH played something like 1 fg 1rb + archive of the titans.

You can get 3 ace 1 deadshot 1 keepyourwits as outlaw very easily, i'll never for the life of me understand the forum obsession with "muh bis" when the lot of you blue parse anyway.
    Triple stack isn't always the best outcome. I don't even know why you are bringing it up, the only spec I play that fully benefited from triple stack was assa rogue during Uldir with 3x SS and extanguinate.

And gearing is an issue when the difference between azerite traits is worth 20% of your damage.

Triple stack isn't always the best outcome. I don't even know why you are bringing it up, the only spec I play that fully benefited from triple stack was assa rogue during Uldir with 3x SS and extanguinate.

And gearing is an issue when the difference between azerite traits is worth 20% of your damage.
    so like the difference between new tiers and old tiers?

Sounds about right yeah, keep your gear up to date or suffer has been WoW since tbc. Vanilla itemization was lol at best

I'm only bringing up triple stacks because you're complaining about traits and getting certain gear, when, spoiler alert, the same combos appear on several items