• Write In/Third Party

13 11.11%
  • I'm not voting/Haven't decided

16 13.68%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So either they become progressive or you become regressive, do as I say not as I do. Got it.
    It's very weird that the very people who are saying that they should be expected to vote a certain way are also saying that everyone should support their candidate or the hostage gets it.

It's a very strange cognitive dissonance to hold those views simultaneously.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Trump is a tool to be used to teach the Democrat party a lesson. I don't exactly have a third choice when it comes to putting my vote? At least nothing that would make center Democrats crap a brick. That's like saying I'm an Intel fanboy for buying Intel when AMD started to raise prices. I only have two realistic choices. Unless Bernie Sanders runs as an independent, which he won't, then I have literally no other choices.

I'm not neutral or unbiased. I want a progressive in the white house, not a different flavored Republican.
    You do not want a "different flavored Republican", so you vote for the same Republican.

Some kind of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    really cause some of the posters sure seem otherwise. (particularly the ones in the dem primaries thread) as in they are highly hostile to the idea of anyone sitting this out. i never said he was gonna put kids in cages stop putting words in my mouth.
    Yes, people are upset with people that are going to sit out this election, or even worse voting for Trump, because they aren't getting the nominee that that they wanted. It's because that's a childish reason to sit out the election or worse. Most people aren't getting the candidate that they initially wanted... that's just the way these things work. But they're still going to go out and vote.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-03-31 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yeah!!! don't vote!! that will show them!!!!...

- - - Updated - - -

You should really consider what you have just said before posting.
    Fair point. The difference between not voting and voting 3rd party is small, but there.

Vote for a winner like Trump. Personally I don’t vote. If you want to vote though vote for the winner, Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Vote for a winner like Trump. Personally I don’t vote. If you want to vote though vote for the winner, Trump.
    America loses either way.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Good ol' America, where politics are seen as a sport.

To both parties.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-04-01 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And he's been doing it for quite some time... he started out as satire and shitposting:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post39122697

You notice a trend (the relevance is in each particular thread)? I will note, this isn't the first time I've had this conversation with the poster against whom I made the accusations.
    Thank you for delving into my post history. Thank you for doing what I wanted you to do. I do appreciate you my little puppet.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Hey @Kokolums I found a friend to help you plan the civil war.
    except they are on opposing ideological sides...they would probably just plan against each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anyone suggesting they swap from Bernie Sanders to Donald Trump was either never actually progressive, a bit "special," or someone that was originally voting for Trump in the first place. Delusions of "teaching the Democratic party a lesson" are just that; delusions. Or excuses to just vote Trump and pretend you were totally on the side of change before.

Anyone suggesting they just "sit this one out" is depriving themselves of what little power they have in the US. And missing out on voting down ballot, which is just as important as voting for the President. Whether you skip voting for a Presidential candidate or not, you should be going to vote just so you can at least vote down ballot. Otherwise, you're an absolute fool that isn't interested in anything but their chosen candidate, for whatever reason, and should be derided for your shitty attitude.
    so basically vote democrat or else. totally not a totalitarian dictatorship. i mean it's how kim jong un runs things. only difference being he does away with dissenters but this is just one step removed from that. yours is just encouraging people to make anyone who doesn't vote the correct way "social pariahs". general secretariat xi jinping would be proud of your endorsement of the one party voting system.

in fact why don't we just throw away any pretense and have menacing looking men at the booths like they did in the 1900's during the gilded age so people vote 'correctly'? that's what you want right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yes, people are upset with people that are going to sit out this election, or even worse voting for Trump, because they aren't getting the nominee that that they wanted. It's because that's a childish reason to sit out the election or worse. Most people aren't getting the candidate that they initially wanted... that's just the way these things work. But they're still going to go out and vote.
    no it's not. the whole point of voting is voting for someone or something you want to see in power. i don't want to see biden in power. therefore i don't vote for him. if you have a problem with that that's too fucking bad. there is nothing childish about not voting i have my minimum requirements for voting and i refuse to budge.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-04-05 at 07:17 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Is there a prefered poll choice for people that can't vote (not in the US)? I don't want to keep hitting the View Poll Results link every time .

Edit: And while I would not vote for trump, certainly not after the last 4 years, I kinda feel the people that don't want to vote for biden (same as with hillary back then). Having your only real other option conduct a 1-2 year long search for the least worthy candidate to send into the race, only to make sure they increase their chance of failure to the max.. yeah that is disheartening. I totally get how someone would not want to reward these dipshits with a vote. But then the prospect of another installment of "The dumbest motherfucker the whitehouse has ever seen 2 - electric boogaloo" is personally even worse.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-04-05 at 01:39 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the sexual assault allegations against Biden have any merit, I will write in Mickey Mouse and just vote for Senators/Represenatives.

If not, then Joe Biden, because even a fucking neoliberal asshole like Joe is a few orders of magnitude better than Donald Fucking Trump.

And if you're voting for Trump because you're pissed Bernie lost, then that's dumb. That's like saying "I'm voting for a shit sandwich, since the gourmet pastrami sandwich lost and the other alternative is white bread and turkey, but i really wanted the pastrami."

Trump is the antithesis of everything Bernie stands for you, can't turn around and vote for Trump and claim to be for Bernie at the same time, not without looking ridiculous. Biden is no progressive, hell, he's a moderate Republican. And I wish the DNC hadn't pushed him so goddamn hard. But Biden is still closer to what Bernie advocates for than Trump by goddamn miles.

So, unless those sexual allegations against Biden have merit, or if Bernie pulls a miracle and wins, I'm voting for Biden, or Mickey Mouse.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel that Bernie is essential for our future, and both Trump and Biden are a detriment to it. I don't like the direction of the Democrat party with Joe Biden, who still doesn't believe in Medicare for All during a depression caused by a pandemic. Unless Bernie goes third party or Biden adopts Medicare for All, then I'll likely vote for Trump. Not because I like Trump or feel that Trump has been a good president, but because the Democrats need to be taught a lesson. Go progressive or don't get elected. They can all come together to agree to bail out Wall Street, then they can come together to pay for Medicare for All. I don't care if you call me a Trumpster or whatever. Your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer. Fix the Democrat party or lose another 4 years.
    "Hey guys, my prefered candidate didn't win the primary, so lets continue to screw over Americans and put in the same fucking moron who got people killed by bungling the COVID crisis. Maybe that'll teach the Democrats a lesson!"

Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh come on. No President could have stopped this pandemic. They could have certainly handled it better, and we might look more like Germany right now, but we couldn't have avoided it altogether. Voting for Trump is like complaining that Starbucks is out of Green Tea, so you are just going to chug diesel fuel instead of taking something else on the menu.
    Look at Singapore. We and Singapore and our first confirmed case on the same day. While Trump was going on about how it was another "Democrat hoax" and it'd be "gone by April," Singapore was like "fuck this shit" and ramped up their testing and quarantining like mad. The results? Singapore is having a much easier time while the US is going the way of Spain and Italy.

The best president in the world could not have stopped this pandemic, but Trump's inability to respond appropriately has made it worse.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Look at Singapore. We and Singapore and our first confirmed case on the same day. While Trump was going on about how it was another "Democrat hoax" and it'd be "gone by April," Singapore was like "fuck this shit" and ramped up their testing and quarantining like mad. The results? Singapore is having a much easier time while the US is going the way of Spain and Italy.

The best president in the world could not have stopped this pandemic, but Trump's inability to respond appropriately has made it worse.
    To add to this: Also do you really want the economic rebuilding process be done under Trump? I mean seriously, the guy that wants to build an ineffective wall fence for billions of dollars? The guy that has sunk that many businesses, not to mention all the fraudulent stuff like his "university"? I mean people can feel free to be my guest, the rest of the world will surely celebrate the US becoming the next russia.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "Hey guys, my prefered candidate didn't win the primary, so lets continue to screw over Americans and put in the same fucking moron who got people killed by bungling the COVID crisis. Maybe that'll teach the Democrats a lesson!"

Ugh.
    The fact that you think I'm wrong here shows that you seem to think I'm the path of least resistance compared to Joe Biden. Which is easier, to convince me not to vote for Trump or to convince Joe Biden to support Medicare for All? Clearly I'm easier to convince to vote for Joe Biden. What does that tell you about Joe Biden's stance on M4A, from your perspective?

10+ Year Old Account
    Voting Covid-19 in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you think I'm wrong here shows that you seem to think I'm the path of least resistance compared to Joe Biden. Which is easier, to convince me not to vote for Trump or to convince Joe Biden to support Medicare for All? Clearly I'm easier to convince to vote for Joe Biden. What does that tell you about Joe Biden's stance on M4A, from your perspective?
    This is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Just dont vote if you hate both.
    Or, vote for the one you dislike the least, as not voting works to the benefit of the one you dislike the most.

And he's been doing it for quite some time... he started out as satire and shitposting:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post39122697

You notice a trend (the relevance is in each particular thread)? I will note, this isn't the first time I've had this conversation with the poster against whom I made the accusations.
    Hmm all I see in the examples that you've provided is him bashing Hillary and Obama. I don't see any quote that shows him praising and supporting Trump. So again where's your evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Or, vote for the one you dislike the least, as not voting works to the benefit of the one you dislike the most.
    In a system that only has 2 parties, that will just lead to the 'lesser evil' moving further to the right because they know those left of center will vote for them anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    i might vote for trump since bernie isn't in. i personally think trump will win over biden regardless and i dislike biden more than i dislike trump. however if bernie runs as third party, i'll definitely vote for him if not then definitely trump for what they did to bernie again.
    That is why Bernie runs as a Democrat, he knows third parties don't work except to divide the election. If you look at the 1912 election where Teddy Roosevelt created the Progress Party which stripped votes from Taft and the Republican Party which allowed Wilson to win that brought about a lot of problems happening to us today.

- - - Updated - - -

If Biden chooses a progressive for his VP pick, I would be happy.
    Last edited by Fooliecoolie; 2020-04-08 at 02:41 AM. Reason: correction