Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I would...
    ...not do anything about it, since it was relevant 5 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep abilities that were pruned from MoP. Scrap warforging, keep valor upgrades. Focus on putting more content into the patches.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, really what a waste! When they announced it I thought to myself: Wow, finally we can see Draenor as it used to be before it became Outland! The culture, the races, the history of the place!

But they ruined it all. What a missed opportunity.
    few of my biggest disappointments were scraped Farahlon (I was soooo looking forward to this one, experiencing it as unbroken island with lush jungle as seen in the domes in MU Netherstorm... and to put salt on a wound, they put in a mission in shityard that we sent our followers there...

Then there would be the very old Gorgrond without all the Botani stuff, with functioning railway tracks across the whole Draenor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo69SaeHt2o

Scrapped Garrisons in whatever the zone we want to build it in was a big letdown too

3 shitshacks connected to Trashcan instead to Karabor and Bladespire Citadel was a spit to the face...

I don't think that I could. They made the right choice in sacrificing that trashfire to make Legion good. Garrisons were a horrible feature they should never try again that spoiled the entire expansion. Legion succeeded by distancing itself as far away from them as possible.

Then, after the fact, getting rid of the time travel element and AU copies of living people, killing Grom, making Yrel interesting, and cutting off Draenor in general but still giving us long-requested playable brown orcs. That was an absolute master stroke of genius. Mad props to the mag'har scenario team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

- Place Ashran (and by extension, the capitols tied to it) in the center of Draenor, roughly where Zangarmarsh was, a'la Wintergrasp/Dalaran
    - Flying unlocked by gold like in the past, remove the arbitrary unlocking barrier conditions of Pathfinder
    - Garrisons actually a good housing system, even if it has to come later, try to take the best parts of Wildstar's Housing and plots and emulate it
    - Two more raids between Highmaul, Blackrock, and Hellfire Citadel - ideally using the Frostwolf Stronghold and Gorian Continent
    - Last raid Hellfire Citadel recolored. That green is gross. Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, really what a waste! When they announced it I thought to myself: Wow, finally we can see Draenor as it used to be before it became Outland! The culture, the races, the history of the place!

But they ruined it all. What a missed opportunity.
    I was so damn hyped. I remember being excited to see the new cities. Then they announced they were scrapping them and giving us tents instead.

Then from that announcement it all went downhill from there. All the way until Legion was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Rose tinted glasses

It was fucking atrocious and people only did it for the mount. It was "social" in the worst possible way because you hated the morons in your group raid (LFR players with a lot of retard checks and content too difficult for them, what could go wrong?). 3 hours to clear the goddamm place, what a purge.

And the playerbase collapsed because there was fuck all to do in WoD (obsolete dungeons even in their mythic version, very good raids but very scarce, absolutely nothing to do besides raiding), not because an anniversary event ran off.

Pretty much.
    Everything you wrote is wrong.

It was social in a great way. People loved it. I ran 10th anniversary MC a ton and people were having a blast every single time. You didn't see people complaining. Subs went thru the roof to 10 million, and they collapsed the second the event was over.

Its just a very loud minority of gamers that screech about hating social interaction. Blizzard effed up by not continuing to offer that sort of content. That was a gold mine.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Fix WoD?
    Scrap it altogether.

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

General stuff about what WoD did wrong in global design scale (it would help, in my case, even if they just not crucify character models by their new vision design together with “bells and whistles”)
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't chicken out on it.

Give us the Shattrath raid. Delay the expansion to do the release you wanted. Don't jump your story ahead and drag in the Burning Legion before their time. FARAHLON.

Just, give the story room to breathe and don't worry about all the idiots complaining about orc fatigue. The way the different clans were set up and expanded on could have had enough unique content for MULTIPLE expansions, not just half of one. I think the biggest mistake was having the Blackrock clan the focus of the first act. Their theme and aesthetic was very similar to what everyone was already used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and double down on Garrisons as well. Make them more AFK-able and less micromangey. Just head over there when you want to pick up resources and manage things, then leave. Maybe take a look at it once a week and still be optimal.

There are a few things that would make it a lot better;

• Removing the herb garden and mining caves from the garrisons. This ridiculously inflated the amount of materials available and it was completely free; just log on, collect whatever mats you needed from X amount of garrisons, and your week's raid consumables were ready to go.
    • Remove the free garrison resources, or at least reduce the amount. Add garrison resources as rewards to daily quests that were actually out in the world and would require you to leave your garrison to use the table. This would mean you actually worked for the obscene amounts of gold you obtained; leave the gold missions in the game but require you to actually put a little effort in so players actively playing the game on X amount of characters could obtain large amounts of gold and players not putting in the time or effort to farm garrison resources did not.
    • Remove the free raid gear from the garrison table and shipyard. This incentivized getting carried through raid content for higher level gear from the missions for your main or even alts you wanted to gear up because over a few weeks you could throw together a set of mythic gear without ever having done the content and only be missing set bonuses.
    • Another major content patch containing Farahlon as a Timeless Isle style zone and the Shattrath City raid which could feature Grommash's redemption arc in it to explain his sudden change of heart/path in Hellfire Citadel later on. Bring the story together to really explain how you ended up going from IRON HORDE BAD to LEGION BAD instead by cleansing Shattrath of demons, rescuing Grom, and perhaps chasing Gul'dan off to Hellfire in a "merely a setback" style raid fight where he escapes after nearly losing.

I'm sure there's plenty more but that's just off the top of my head to bring players out into the world instead of their garrisons by reducing some of the gold inflation and free gear given out and add a new outdoor area with rares and events while including a raid that was scrapped that could wrap the story up much more cleanly than it was.

Remove the garisson completely or well all the missions you could do there.

TF jungle open from the start
    Abandoned content included from the start.
    Ashran doesn't exist
    Garrisons don't exist
    Mission tables don't exist
    MoP class design

There, you now have the 3rd best expansion in WoW's history behind Wrath / Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Legion was fucking horrible. I'd play WoD all over again to avoid Legion. In fact, Legion actually made me unsub for 2.5 years.
    -spread content over the world instead of clustered all in one barely-customizable lump you barely ever leave
    -level scaling meaning I could finally pick the zones I want to play in
    -amazing class specific questlines
    -amazing profession specific questlines (though I sympathize with people with alts who would have at least wanted the quests skippable on alts)
    -some of the best weapon models in the game's history all obtained from a smorgasbord of content. Highly encouraged me to try things I hadn't before.
    -endgame Mage Tower appearances in particular set a goal that motivated me to raid with a guild for the first time in years
    -improved personal loot meaning said guild didn't fight over loot, which is what made me quit raiding the first time.

-the only expansion period since vanilla where I didn't get bored by the end and go play a different game during the content lull waiting on the next one. There was just that much to do. In stark contrast to WOD, which I hit level cap, thought "hmm, I don't want to do this "garrison" stuff, is there anything else? And the game promptly replied: NO.

This is why I say I can't think of a way to salvage WOD. They did the only thing they could in that respect: unplugging its life support and plugging it into a better expansion that learned from all of its mistakes.

(except mission tables being too profitable and causing gold inflation...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Remove garrison.

Released Legion.

Add M+ and don't skip the fucking Shattrath raid. There, WoD is fixed.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Putting the content they cut it back, hiring some decent writers would fix it.

Maybe nerf Garrison
    Last edited by Georg Von Vitzthum; 2020-04-01 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I would put in dailies that had use instead of the asocial garrison, while keeping some parts of the garrison, probably making the main parts of the garrison like the roads and headquarter open world so you could see other players, and make the profession places and other buildings into zoned places. I'd also make the iron horde be important for the entire expansion instead of just fizzling away after blackrock foundry, make kargath bladefist escape from the gladiator arena like he used to on the ptr. probably a last raid with iron horde, potentially fighting grommash hellscream himself! also, add those fungal whales and giants to the sea around draenor, it was scrapped sadly but it looked really cool and could be tied into dailies or just mats. And then there's Faralon, a big timeless isle esque zone but in Draenor.
    1) Abandon removal of flying, that caused many players to quit before even trying WOD content, including me.
    2) Fix Garrisons. Not 100% sure, but they should have been great addition to content, not the only content in a game. May be more about player housing, than just plain gold grind.
    3) Tanaan should have been released at launch to be additional outdoor content.
    4) All cut and not developed at all content should have been brought back.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.