Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Story wise, I would have had us lose at the end. Guldan wins, we are soundly defeated. We escape Dreanor by the skin of our tits, with a couple of Brown Orcs and Goat people. I think it adds urgency to Legion that was missing, it also rewards us in keeping around some of the NPCs we cultivated in WoD. Yrel wouldn't have been a waste of time, Durotan wouldn't have been killed OFFSCREEN as an aside. I think it could have made the following expansions much more interesting given those extra toys to play with.

By putting back literally everything they scrapped.

3+ Year Old Account
    just to remove all and try again

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    I'm o sick of this "clusas wure botter in WoD herpaderp"... warriors were utter shit in WoD... Arms was in the worst state it has ever existed for example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J4CZ0RMn1I - hint, it didn't got better since alpha)

Basing the entirety of class balance off Arms warriors being good is like saying the game is in trouble because Moonkins aren't top DPS. Arms went from a PVP-only spec because of MS, to a 2nd tier PvE spec with some patches/scaling allowing it to be playable in raids without penalizing everyone around you. You still have Fury to fall back on in just about every single expansion. Imagine being a shadow priest and stepping into Uldir for the first time in 2018. You were in for a real shock.

An overwhelming majority of the classes/specs were in a much better spot design-wise than they are in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Basing the entirety of class balance off Arms warriors being good is like saying the game is in trouble because Moonkins aren't top DPS. Arms went from a PVP-only spec because of MS, to a 2nd tier PvE spec with some patches/scaling allowing it to be playable in raids without penalizing everyone around you. You still have Fury to fall back on in just about every single expansion. Imagine being a shadow priest and stepping into Uldir for the first time in 2018. You were in for a real shock.

An overwhelming majority of the classes/specs were in a much better spot design-wise than they are in BFA.
    I still prefer MoP era class balance and playing them, i actually played most classes back then, good fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    If BFA was released after WoD, all of it would be praised
    Anything released after WoD would have been praised, unless it was really, really, REALLY bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm o sick of this "clusas wure botter in WoD herpaderp"... warriors were utter shit in WoD... Arms was in the worst state it has ever existed for example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J4CZ0RMn1I - hint, it didn't got better since alpha)

and what WoD raids?
    Highmaul and HFC were mediocre with the latter lasting 15 months
    BRF was only decent raid that was opened in the middle of the expansion with nothing betweem it and HM... I can't really remember when did an expansion had 2 long ass content droughts

WoD started the pruning and Legion took it into another level... yet Legion is still praised

also good classes means shit all when there is literally nothing to use them for

I can do circles mounted around my garrison on a class that have 0 abilities at the same skillcap as every other class

Warfronts would be miles better if there was a pvp mode for them... it would just shit on Trashcan (Ashran)
    Island expeditions was a feature, that I knew from the moment they announced the proceduraly generated "enviroment" (aka enemies), that was doomed without redemption

But what else can WoD offer? simply, nothing

m+ wouldn't save it
    Obviously it was worse than MoP, but it was better than both Legion and BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    -spread content over the world instead of clustered all in one barely-customizable lump you barely ever leave
    -level scaling meaning I could finally pick the zones I want to play in
    -amazing class specific questlines
    -amazing profession specific questlines (though I sympathize with people with alts who would have at least wanted the quests skippable on alts)
    -some of the best weapon models in the game's history all obtained from a smorgasbord of content. Highly encouraged me to try things I hadn't before.
    -endgame Mage Tower appearances in particular set a goal that motivated me to raid with a guild for the first time in years
    -improved personal loot meaning said guild didn't fight over loot, which is what made me quit raiding the first time.

-the only expansion period since vanilla where I didn't get bored by the end and go play a different game during the content lull waiting on the next one. There was just that much to do. In stark contrast to WOD, which I hit level cap, thought "hmm, I don't want to do this "garrison" stuff, is there anything else? And the game promptly replied: NO.

This is why I say I can't think of a way to salvage WOD. They did the only thing they could in that respect: unplugging its life support and plugging it into a better expansion that learned from all of its mistakes.

(except mission tables being too profitable and causing gold inflation...)
    Level scaling made questing worse. It removed the connected narrative because you can't build on the previous zones if you can pick any order.
    Class campaigns were maybe interesting if you care about lore, but the actual quests were a bunch of recolors of each other.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Might give a longer answer later, but just adding m+ to it would have made it noticeably better. M+ with wod class design feels like a dream come true.

easy:
    make the same as in TBC or WotlK.

- keep wod raids. they were fine.
    - keep wod dungeons. they were fine.
    - keep wod leveling, it was fine.
    - delete everything else.
    - then add a few dailies factions that are unlocked over time.
    - then put pruning of classes out of mind and keep good class design
    - then leave gear completely like WotlK/TBC (normal stats, drop lists, sockets. no WF, reforging, or such shit)
    - then use VP with weekly cap like in WotlK or TBC
    - maybe add something in, for better dungeon use, like CM, M+, or something between.
    - profit
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-04 at 01:37 AM.

I'd probably gut the garrison. You don't get materials from other gathering classes and you don't have NPC crafters in your garrison; you just get trainers. Get rid of the mission table entirely; that's been a completely trash feature in all three expansions it's been in.
    Don't skimp on the release content; finish and release the original capital cities.
    Add more content and more consistently. The Legion patch cycle would have made WoD much, much better.
    Put some more meat behind the garrison campaign questline and the Tanaan questline.

Most of WoD's PvE content is good. It's the best-told levelling campaign we've seen. It's got very good dungeons and some of the best raids in the game. There just isn't enough of it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I would start by fixing broken lore in WoD and I would add Farahlon. Oh and the garrison would be guild shared, no gear from it or mats.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2020-04-04 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I would've just went from Wrathion predicting the Burning Legion invasion in MoP.... to Legion. Just use a random Legion operative planted on Azeroth to steal Illidan's body if you have to.

No idea where to even start.

-Revamp the Garrison from the ground up. Allow us to move it and customize it a lot more, while making it less powerful to encourage players actually going out in the world, not having 90% of their non-raiding needs tended to in a personal instance.

-Give the original capitals back. Ashran has by far the worst hubs in the game.

-Make the story mostly about the actual Iron Horde. The premise is fucking stupid as it, but abandoning it midway through fixes nothing.

-Add actual world content. Apexis dailies were atrocious in both 6.0 and 6.2.

-Make the dungeons not shit. Iron Docks and Grimrail Depot are the only tolerable ones. Everything else is mediocre to bad.

-Add the Shattrath raid as a bridge between BRF and HFC. Similarly, makes 6.1 about Farahlon or something, not a silly selfie patch.

-Don't change Gorgrond into the disjointed mess it is. Fuck the notion of orc fatigue in an expansion about a Horde on Draenor. Characters like Orgrim deserve far, far better than what they got.

-Stop trying to push bad players in normal+ raids by making LFR worthless.

-Unfuck some classes. Yeah, I dunno how people can praise WoD's class design. Warriors sucked, especially Arms which was an atrocious spec to play. Abilities like Aspect of the Fox broke balance completely in half. Demo and Surv getting an absurd nerfbat in 6.2. But hey, at least Hunters had instant aimed shot in 6.2 or some shit.

-Don't even try to remove flying. That was a shitshow all the way through.

I dunno about PvP, I generally hear it wasn't bad but couldn't care less about it. WoD is by far my least favorite expansion and unfucking it basically means completely changing what it is. It was a bad concept executed terribly.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-04-04 at 02:33 AM.