Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How would you fix WoD?

I would put in dailies that had use instead of the asocial garrison, while keeping some parts of the garrison, probably making the main parts of the garrison like the roads and headquarter open world so you could see other players, and make the profession places and other buildings into zoned places. I'd also make the iron horde be important for the entire expansion instead of just fizzling away after blackrock foundry, make kargath bladefist escape from the gladiator arena like he used to on the ptr. probably a last raid with iron horde, potentially fighting grommash hellscream himself! also, add those fungal whales and giants to the sea around draenor, it was scrapped sadly but it looked really cool and could be tied into dailies or just mats. And then there's Faralon, a big timeless isle esque zone but in Draenor.

Transfer Valor rewards from 6.2 to Apexis.

Allow Apexis crystals to upgrade, socket, and warforge gear.

Expand on the world benefits that Garrisons gave. Stables for example gave players a whistle which effectively created mounted combat. Casters can cast while moving on them. Offer similar benefits to other Garrison Buildings.

Apply Mythic + mechanics and scaling into Garrison Invasions. Utilize Garrison Invasions as a major incentive to do the Daily Assaults. Reward players adequately when doing well in them.

The #1 problem with WoD isn’t that it had no content. It’s that the content that existed offered no reward. Garrisons passively generated money and Raids were the only real
    Avenue for gear.

By attaching rewards to Apexis, the daily system that existed already in WoD becomes world content. Apexis crystal areas triggered Garrison Invasions. Different Garrison buildings offering real benefits would help create some diversity in what players used in their bases.

Players would be incentivized to go out into the world for Apexis to upgrade their gear. Form groups to help farm. Groups would then get together to do Garrison Invasions and Garrison boss raids.

I would have gladly done Highmaul and BRF for longer if there was real world content. Especially if it bought time for them to finish WoD content. Even if it was just filler raids like a 2 boss Shattrath raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    and warforge gear
    you shouldnt make it worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy.

Keep the original capital cities.
    Allow the garrison to be moved (to zones where it would make sense, so still most likely limited).
    Increase number of building slots in the garrison to the original design.
    Allow the garrison building/area design to be changed for different racial designs (eg. draenei design, blood elf design, etc.)
    Introduce large scale - invasion-like - events to the outside world. Both to keep the world appealing once questing was done, and to make the Iron Horde appear as more of a threat.
    Introduce daily quests to semi-random locations of the world (sort of world quests) - or outright world quests, if the technology would permit it.
    Keep the original patch plan - 6.1/.2 being the Shattrath raid.
    Introduce Faralon as a zone in a later 6.X patch.
    Make followers "more interesting" - the quest ones would have their own short questlines later on (some might have several, to provide a story of sorts), after they would be introduced to the garrison.
    Table missions would include unlockable scenarions that, after the follower-only table mission would be succesfuly completed, would lead to a player-lead mission.
    Rewrite storyline after 6.0 to make sense - no "Draenor is free!" kind of BS. Make Grommash either the final boss of the expansion (with a Gul'Dan lead up miniraid in a preceding patch), or make his involvement make sense.
    Introduce a "middle" section of Yrel's story (possibly during the Shattrath raid questline, or in Faralon, mentioned above). Someone likened her story to that of Luke Skywalker with no Empire Strikes Back, and I believe her journey being complete instead of the "start->finish" jump would make it much more appealing.
    Make Durotan similarly prominent as Yrel.

Possibly also mythic+-like mechanic, although I am not sure that would've been possible; mythic dungeons were only introduced later in the expansion, challenge modes were still a thing, so the technology may have been directly incompatible, at least early on. Possibly during the whole duration of the expansion.
    I also realise all the abovementioned would make the expansion very story heavy, which might not be plausible. Or might require more than just 10 levels of questing content.
    Additionally, I am not sure whether PvP would require adjustements. I don't do it, and during WoD, I only did Ashran, and even that was sporadic. I assume PvP players would require something different/new as well, to make WoD appealing. A PvP subzone for Faralon, perhaps? A new battleground?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    you shouldnt make it worse
    warforge in wod was fine

Add everything they scrapped into the game and it could have been as good as MoP, probably even better

It was the expansion that could have been. If they didn't scrap everything, it would've been good.

It would have been good if it wasn't abandoned. One thing I would change is definitely the mission table, it pumped so much gold into the market. Blizzard was incredibly dumb to allow this. Also the fact that they nerfed demo because "we don't want you playing it" is like wtf? What kind of a developer are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Additionally, I am not sure whether PvP would require adjustements. I don't do it, and during WoD, I only did Ashran, and even that was sporadic. I assume PvP players would require something different/new as well, to make WoD appealing. A PvP subzone for Faralon, perhaps? A new battleground?
    I had a lot of fun with PvP in WoD (was really the only thing I did after the beginning of the expansion), if anything I would remove the fact that some classes needed to grind Ashran for their PvP BiS gear. Things like thundercleave were overpowered and stupid though. Just some balance changes and it would be great. The PvP gearing (expect for the Ashran bit) was probably the best out of all expansions too.

Wod could have been way better if it had a shipped with a real reputation system. Instead we got a last minute fix for the reputations using a grind placeholder...

And Wod would have deserved at least two more major content patches, one focused on nerzhul clan and actions with the void. And another one where the iron horde makes its last stand against an alliance of all resisting people of draenor before Gul'dan takes over with its fel and demons.

But more than anything... Wod would have gain so much with an ending that doesn't contain : "DRAENOR IS FREE!!" by the antagonist...

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Wod could have been way better if it had a shipped with a real reputation system. Instead we got a last minute fix for the reputations using a grind placeholder...

And Wod would have deserved at least two more major content patches, one focused on nerzhul clan and actions with the void. And another one where the iron horde makes its last stand against an alliance of all resisting people of draenor before Gul'dan takes over with its fel and demons.

But more than anything... Wod would have gain so much with an ending that doesn't contain : "DRAENOR IS FREE!!" by the antagonist...
    that ending was mind blowingly bad...people complain about bfa now,but atleast the story structure makes sense and has a point,in wod its like entire lore points were taken out,yrel is a prime example,zero sense how she got from A TO FREAKIGN Z

I'd add Mythic+ to it. That's it. That's all that was needed to fix the game. The classes played great. The raids were great. The environments looked great.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - WoD was one piece of "key content" away from being a good expansion. That didn't exist, the garrisons were way too same-y and didn't keep interest, followers and the garrison dailies were boring and everyone quit doing them, and the only thing to do in the game was daily quests and raiding. Why they thought any of us were gonna "Collect em all" when it came to followers with a system that was rented player power is beyond me.

It's the same reason everyone quits when the game ends up boiling down to dailies+raiding. The same thing is going to happen when people get sick of running visions, or get the corruption pieces needed and don't want to play the RNG game anymore (too many corruptions, the odds you get the perfect one are slim to none). Just watch.

This is why you need new content added to the game. They need to step away from the "fill the bar" content for AP/Corruption/Etc. Add in one more content patch (No raid, only 5 mans to tie into the next expansion), and add one additional M+ Season towards the end with a new affix, and that'll be enough to keep the subs rolling into 9.0+.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 2020-03-31 at 08:21 AM.

Don't redeem Grommash. I have no problem with a redemption story for the main villain, but the way Grommash's was executed was 100% shit. His change of heart was literally never shown. We're expected to believe that this man genuinely changed in the span of 10 minutes from someone who wanted to kill everyone, to someone who promised Gul'dan that we (the people he was going to kill 10 minutes ago) would stop him. It's also absurd that the people he sought to exterminate forgave him after he killed millions of innocents.

Grommash's redemption story is easily the lowest point in WoW story. The only thing that could surpass it is a hypothetical Sylvanas' redemption story in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-31 at 08:21 AM.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Release Legion 9 months earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I would put in dailies that had use instead of the asocial garrison, while keeping some parts of the garrison, probably making the main parts of the garrison like the roads and headquarter open world so you could see other players, and make the profession places and other buildings into zoned places. I'd also make the iron horde be important for the entire expansion instead of just fizzling away after blackrock foundry, make kargath bladefist escape from the gladiator arena like he used to on the ptr. probably a last raid with iron horde, potentially fighting grommash hellscream himself! also, add those fungal whales and giants to the sea around draenor, it was scrapped sadly but it looked really cool and could be tied into dailies or just mats. And then there's Faralon, a big timeless isle esque zone but in Draenor.
    by making mission table dropping higher difficulty gear then you killed 8 bosses on through whole expansion not only first tier.

then it would be my dream expansion

oh ye i would also add mission app to be able to send them in work like i did in legion and like im doing at this very moment
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-03-31 at 10:53 AM.

Look at where content was cut or moved to other phases.

Don't do that.

Make additional content.

I mean WoD was more or less the FIRST patch of the expansion chopped up and spread out over the whole course of one with a raid stuck into one or two of them.

The first raid tier was cut in half and turned into two.

The last raid tier was in a zone that was suppose to be in at launch and then just had the raid smashed into the center of it.

Whole major cities and such were slashed from the game.

A major patch was "look! Twitter!"

Class design, 5 mans, and other systems were not terrible. Sure, garrison was over powered and needed to be cooled down but let us be honest for a second. If they had added onto it and put addition content based around it into just bullshit things like cosmetic look and the ability to design and place things in a more meaningful way it probably would have been something fun instead of just log in, pick flowers and ore, do mission table, log out, repeat on 15 toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    By not bumping Mythic raiding up to 20man, cause trying to recruit while the game was bleeding subs was a shitshow. The garrisons weren't actually much trouble thanks to the addons for managing them, it was the entire rest of that expansion that was fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    a mid tier raid between BRF and HFC in Shattrath which would've added into the Legion plot a bit more and made the end content drought less lengthy

10+ Year Old Account
    far more content for start
    garrison actually do what was planned to, be flexible in any zone
    alliance/horde capitals actually built
    the shipyard section be like that pirate scenario from mop instead of another table mission
    make raids less gimmicky (WoD specially has the most weird boss fights in any wow exp)
    that's what i think right now
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    To be fair, if WOD had the features which were added in Legion (M+, World Quests etc.) then it would be a much better expansion than BFA.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    To be fair, if WOD had the features which were added in Legion (M+, World Quests etc.) then it would be a much better expansion than BFA.
    Then it would be Legion that would be monstrously shat on like BFA right now... It's allways been like that and it allways be