Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Can we get a "Paid Services" global (in town) chat channel? I'm really tired of seeing WTS Mythic+ / raid / pvp carry / visions boost / leveling boosting etc in trade chat. It's literally like the only thing you see in trade chat anymore. If and when someone does actually post something in there for trade, or otherwise is having a conversation in there its immediately blown away by all the WTS Services spam.

Why haven't we gotten some other global (in city) channels besides "Trade" seems like we should have already gotten an expansion on this. But as of late the paid services stuff has just gotten nuts since the introduction of legal gold buying.
    Two things:
    • Almost no one (relatively speaking) would join those channels. Because they don't like spam.
    • The existence of such a channel would not stop people from spamming Trade.

Also: the channel is working as intended. Why? Because those "paid services" are still trade so they're fit to be in the Trade Channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get a "Paid Services" global (in town) chat channel? I'm really tired of seeing WTS Mythic+ / raid / pvp carry / visions boost / leveling boosting etc in trade chat. It's literally like the only thing you see in trade chat anymore. If and when someone does actually post something in there for trade, or otherwise is having a conversation in there its immediately blown away by all the WTS Services spam.

Why haven't we gotten some other global (in city) channels besides "Trade" seems like we should have already gotten an expansion on this. But as of late the paid services stuff has just gotten nuts since the introduction of legal gold buying.
    People would still post in trade and elsewhere. Just put advertisers on ignore, a lot of advertisers are posting from mains looking for runs, and only one person from each group usually advertises. With a little bit of effort you can cut this stuff down a lot on your own end.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Probably because very few people would willingly join a spam channel
    really not our problem tho. We want the trade chat shit gone. Blizzard could outright ban it! If they get their own channel, they get more than they deserve. People who wouldn't use boosting services wouldn't suddenly use one because they saw a tradechat ad for it. And the people who actually use these services, would join the channel where they are spamming. So this is a win win

Aside from trade channel actually being the right place, all it would accomplish would be spam of "join the boost chat to buy boosts because we can't advertise our boosts here"...

15+ Year Old Account
    Because most people are not interested in viewing spam, and most advertisers don't care if their incessant spamming is an inconvenience for 90% of the population.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I agree... in a way. I left the global chats about 3 addons ago i think.
    But i get extremly annoyed about the "WTS 15+ run for weekly" in the Party Tool.... always have to double check if it is a real post or just that annoying advertisment.

As far as i know there is no tool to filter that sadly...

If only people would start reporting them, takes couple of mouse clicks. Same with those sellers in group finder, start reporting them.

For a second I thought you meant like a premium channel...that you'd pay gold/money for lmao. Was expecting to see a dumpster fire of a thread.

Anyways, OT: I would love to see the spam go away. Unfortunately doubt it would help. As someone said people would just leave the channel due to spam. And then the spammers would go right back to trade chat or something.

you can report them for spamming, I know friends who rarely send these chats on trade but still get chat ban because other competitions report them for spamming and blizzards auto response probably ban it after few reports. So just report that as spam and if that really annoys you put them on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You know... Selling boosts IS trading. There is nothing wrong with that.

There are more things that aren't trading - like, smalltalk, flaming.... But selling boosts, is indeed simple trading.

I dont like the WTS M+ spams myself but they are in the right place as you said.